What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great looking tank! Your dojo maybe annoying with your plant's but he isn't half cute!

50 % clean on my elephant nose tank, had to replace his plant's again that he love's too uproot!
Added new shrimp to my vampire tank really like these!

Nice to see pics of the trouble maker, and I really like all your shrimp (y)

Just checked tracking and my mystery snails should be here today! There are still some scuds in a bowl on the kitchen counter from when I got the order over a week ago. I have another batch coming so the rest of these are going into the 1g jar a set up for them. Still 2 CPDs and the cherry barbs to get out of the community tank, my netting skills are horrible :hide: I'm kind of excited about the new look for that tank which also means fish shopping :whistle:
I think one of my Endlers girls dropped a batch of fry overnight, will probably move them out later today or tomorrow. Really, really need to put some of the dwarf water lettuce out of that tank, definitely not a lot of light getting thru all of that. 99% sure I know what rocks I want to order for the Spec, still debating on driftwood or not.

Are you using 2 nets to catch the fish? Might help you catch them.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Great looking tank! Your dojo maybe annoying with your plant's but he isn't half cute!

50 % clean on my elephant nose tank, had to replace his plant's again that he love's too uproot! View attachment 268942View attachment 268943
Added new shrimp to my vampire tank really like these! View attachment 268944View attachment 268945

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

Pics as requested:) he's such a cool fish! Tank looks awesome!

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Looks nice! Is the JD settling in?

Yes! He hated the lights at first... He would hide in his rock cave for a while till he got hungry. He sometimes greets me when I come in the room now. Gobbles up those NLS pellets like candy!

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Well added 3 clown killifish last week . Picked two of them off the floor ...:( small gap in the glass hood & they got through last night! Lol
View attachment 268950
Added a albino bristlenose plecon just now . Small steps

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Sad day :( never knew they were so keen on jumping! My ropefish is always looking for an escape route that's why my lid is sealed corner to corner and cut precise for all hoses and filters.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Last edited:
Aqua nano aquariums have a nice glass hood . However gaps all around the sides ! I'm getting a hood made this week cut so it'll fit much better !

Yes! He hated the lights at first... He would hide in his rock cave for a while till he got hungry. He sometimes greets me when I come in the room now. Gobbles up those NLS pellets like candy!

That's so nice, love the strong personality fish like that!

Pics as requested:) he's such a cool fish! Tank looks awesome!

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Cheers!
I'd love him even more if he'd leave the plant's alone, at least give them time too grow!

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

http://i.imgur.com/XVS6XnQ.png

I took out a ton of water wisteria from this tank. It was literally 1/3 of the tank- the whole left side. I kept only the few too pieces that were the best condition. The bottom was getting "leggy" like some of the stems do. I actually dried it out then threw it away. Normally I would roak it but it was pretty sad and we had a battle with ich recently and I wouldn't want to risk it.

In that corner I added a compact sword instead. Everyone seems happier having the extra space!

My smaller tank I added IAL a few days ago and it has seemed to help my chilis. Finally seeing some more color

http://i.imgur.com/XVS6XnQ.png

I took out a ton of water wisteria from this tank. It was literally 1/3 of the tank- the whole left side. I kept only the few too pieces that were the best condition. The bottom was getting "leggy" like some of the stems do. I actually dried it out then threw it away. Normally I would roak it but it was pretty sad and we had a battle with ich recently and I wouldn't want to risk it.

In that corner I added a compact sword instead. Everyone seems happier having the extra space!

My smaller tank I added IAL a few days ago and it has seemed to help my chilis. Finally seeing some more color
Your plants have such good color, nice (y)

Cherry barbs got a new home last night; CPDs will be picked up on Saturday! In the process of removing the fish the tank got trashed-at least 50% of the plants are uprooted-so I ended up doing a big WC. Put the two new mystery snails in a few hours later. It's nice to actually see what's in the tank now. I liked the mixed community but I'm now going to focus on the furcata and peacocks. To go along with that blue theme I placed a bid on a group of blue pearl shrimp. I also ordered two lots of rocks on eBay. I want some for this tank as well as the Spec 5. I think there are 16 total so that gives me something to work with. Another group of least killies should be here today. I ordered one of those round clamp lights for that tank. Seems a lot of people spray paint them so I'm going to check into that more. And I guess it's finally time to get some shipping boxes and bags now that the weather here seems to be consistently spring-like :flowers:

Cherry barbs got a new home last night; CPDs will be picked up on Saturday! In the process of removing the fish the tank got trashed-at least 50% of the plants are uprooted-so I ended up doing a big WC. Put the two new mystery snails in a few hours later. It's nice to actually see what's in the tank now. I liked the mixed community but I'm now going to focus on the furcata and peacocks. To go along with that blue theme I placed a bid on a group of blue pearl shrimp. I also ordered two lots of rocks on eBay. I want some for this tank as well as the Spec 5. I think there are 16 total so that gives me something to work with. Another group of least killies should be here today. I ordered one of those round clamp lights for that tank. Seems a lot of people spray paint them so I'm going to check into that more. And I guess it's finally time to get some shipping boxes and bags now that the weather here seems to be consistently spring-like :flowers:

Can't wait for everything to get there so we can see!!!

And thanks on the color on the plants comment! It's fairly low light and low tech. Removing the majority of the wisteria helped a lot

Dee- where did you find that driftwood? Was it at a lfs or online? I haven't found any local i like and haven't seen any on aquabid or Amazon and I am looking for a branchier one like that so it reaches higher

If you're looking for manzanita try this site, good pics with dimensions included: manzanita-driftwood.com. I'm waiting to hear back from them about a quote for shipping costs.

If you're looking for manzanita try this site, good pics with dimensions included: manzanita-driftwood.com. I'm waiting to hear back from them about a quote for shipping costs.

Sweet. Thanks! I will give them a try/look

Not specifically looking for manzanita but so far pretty much every piece that looks close to workable for what I want to do has been manzanita

Back
Top Bottom