What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Watched and fed fish, watched some more, the baby Angelfish I think will name Tiger because of the orange-ish color and Stripes. Still considering a name. I don't really name the fish that often.

Think my Koi pairs, two fish may be switching partners, Silver Stripe pair #1 is the one deciding, she is very interested in the other guy, and has shown interest in him before when she was in the tank next to him with her mate when I was trying to get them to spawn (never happened), and then the marble Koi male pair #2. The color match if both switched would be better I think.

oops edit the wrong fish I removed the pic, my daughter has that one.

Here - baby pic but get a better feel for the color
60074-albums11380-picture65580.jpg

this male with his swimmers around him
60074-albums11380-picture68386.jpg

I might try all males in the tank too instead and skip the breeding, though baby Angelfish are REALLY cute.

Tomorrow will be the busy day for moving a bunch of stuff!

Hi Autumn! Don't know if it's just me but I cant see your pictures? ☺

Fed live bloodworm to Mr Grumpy tonight, he should be happy about that as he hasn't had live for a while, he started to become fussy.
Well my new Chinese snail's have given birth to 4 live babies since I've put them in! Looks like I'll need to start thinking of new homes for them ��

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Autumn! Don't know if it's just me but I cant see your pictures? ☺

Fed live bloodworm too Mr Grumpy tonight, he should be happy about that as he hasn't had live for a while, he started to become fussy.
Well my new Chinese snail's have given birth to 4 live babies since I've put them in! Looks like I'll need to start thinking of new homes for them ?

It's you lol

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Ok Lol I'll blame my fone ��

Try exiting from the app and then going back in, someone said that helps some of the glitches.

This brings me to what I have done so far today...

Did 30% pwc on the 72G, adding the necessary minerals to supplement the lack of them in my water. Trimmed a bunch of dead leaves and a clump of mostly dead moss and java fern leaves sprouting babies from behind a rock, save the plantlets and threw into the 16G miss matched mess, lol.

Set up the 12G Rimless (soon to be) Garden - AGAIN from a dry clean tank to this cloudy one. Pic was just after finishing, didn't have time to clear up yet.

60074-albums14227-picture68691.jpg

Here are the shots of the 12G Edge beginning at set up, mid growth and now today before rescaping

60074-albums13090-picture64837.jpg

60074-albums13090-picture64838.jpg

60074-albums13090-picture68690.jpg

Caught the dozen Blue Velvets. Once again the BN plecos know just the right place to hide so I can't catch them. Have an appt. to drop off the BV soon so not to sure if I have enough time to tear into the rest yet...maybe.

Oh and the filter decided to start working properly too, after just trickling dribbles of water into the tank for 2 weeks. [shoulder shrug] That's why there is an extra bubbler dropped in.

Part 2 coming later tonight!

Last edited:
Try exiting from the app and then going back in, someone said that helps some of the glitches.

This brings me to what I have done so far today...

Did 30% pwc on the 72G, adding the necessary minerals to supplement the lack of them in my water. Trimmed a bunch of dead leaves and a clump of mostly dead moss and java fern leaves sprouting babies from behind a rock, save the plantlets and threw into the 16G miss matched mess, lol.

Set up the 12G Rimless (soon to be) garden AGAIN from a dry clean tank to this cloudy one.

60074-albums14227-picture68691.jpg

Here are the shots of the 12G Edge beginning at set up, mid and now today before rescaping

60074-albums13090-picture64837.jpg

60074-albums13090-picture64838.jpg

60074-albums13090-picture68690.jpg

Caught the dozen Blue Velvets, again the BN plecos know just the right place to hide so I can't get them. Have an appt. to drop off the BV soon so not to sure if I have enough time to tear into the rest yet...maybe.

Part 2 coming later tonight!

Yay pictures! Thanks ;)
Lovely pic's Autumn

Tested a co2 system from the early 90's for leaks and it passed now just have to get a few things before using it and started a black worm culture

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
How are the gularis?

Sorry if I missed it but what's going in the 12g?

There is the do over of the SW 12G which I did this morning. Read post 17
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f101/autumskys-12g-rimless-garden-325631-2.html
since i am a little nervous about reusing all those rocks in case there was some sort of heavy metal from the light bulb or fixture.

Also switched some rocks around and added about 5 dry rocks to the established 15G to get them filled with BB and a very big live rock from the 15G to the new 12G SW set up to liven up the 5 or 6 smaller new rocks I put in there.

The FW 12G Edge has a broken LED bar (I got water in it and it eventually is almost all burned out. :facepalm:) Then a couple weeks (~)ago the filter stopped working and a quarter sized Mystery snail mysteriously died around the same day or so and some Blue Velvet shrimp seemed to have disappeared (died but likely eaten by the snails). Filter got cleaned out even then it was just dripping out water though, seems a MTS baby must have grown big enough to block it from running. Today it decided to resume normal activity. :rolleyes: a little late but at least it is working for now.

That is why the major tank operations today.

Got the dozen BV shrimp dropped off to their new home. (y)

Back to work on the 12G to try and catch the 2 adult Albino BN Pleco pair. In an Edge tank with all that Spiderwood and plants I have made numerous attempts to catch them but never got them after a year of occasional attempts they are gobbling up the baby shrimp I think.

Back
Top Bottom