What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428471989.437281.jpg
Changed to sand in my 5.5g betta/shrimp/snail tank

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta/ghost shrimp
3g betta
2g fry

Does anyone have cabomba? And if you do, does it take the top fern row, and open like a flower in the morning, then close up at night?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Fed the vampire shrimp, they seem to be really enjoying the extra space, I haven't seen them as active before. Placed cucumber in the tank for my snails but my largest vampire decided she wanted it and has taken it off to her cave lol
Put the plant's back in my elephant nose tank AGAIN! he must've up rooted nearly all off them ?

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

ROFL with you not at you! That Gonzo is a hand full!

Note below part to the asterisks is a bunch of SW tank stuff just in case you prefer to skip down
What are you putting in the SW autumnsky? And some zoanthids, green star polyp, and pulsing Xenia would look great.

The trouble tank 12G Rimless Garden
60074-albums14227-picture68710.jpg

There is the large Montipora rock to the right, Orange Ricordea rock, Red Mushroom rock, then frags are of Pokerstar, Rainbow and Mystic Sunset Montipora, an Acan, a Duncan the one with the crazy skirt / green center and the Trumpet (green top center), Emerald Crab, a few Cerith snails and a couple big Tigger Pods (I really like them they are kinda like swimming whitish pill bugs :lol:).

I have a very unhappy Xenia rock and will see about adding it to the 35G. It will likely be a hard time to get it happy since it is in the isolated bucket with the other rocks originally from the 12G. Maybe I will stick it back in, but to the 15G for now.

Some Stomatella snails.

I am looking for some nice Zoas, and value priced Zoas. I have a nearby hobbyist who is going to give me some parts and pieces from his aquarium inhabitants, at the moment I know will get a plating Orange Monti or 2 for the 35G, and unknown easy stuff.

The fun $$ will be going to FW Shrimp and maybe a school of CPD to add to my present batch.

The 15G soon to be 35G has the Urchin and killer Zoa Rock and a couple Mushrooms with the Saddleback Clowns and a Clown Goby and Porcelain Crab, I am afraid I haven't seen my 2 shrimp so will assume they are dead. Nerite snail Nassarius Snails and Dwarf Ceriths and Blue Leg Hermits and a Black Hermit and couple others.

Coming soon, Blue Star Clove Polyps on a island rock to help prevent overtaking things. My others were killed by the killer Zoa.

No Green Star polyps, at this point I am scared about quick over growth.

Fed Phytoplankton and misc other things to all the tanks.

Thinking tomorrow will move the pair #1 good sized bunch of eggs and #2 small bunch of Angelfish eggs into the 35G and try raising some babies if they make it. Big pwc tomorrow for the 35G and refill with the water from the pwc from the 72G to help blend the 2 water parameters. Need to find another heater for the 35G.

Note below part to the asterisks is a bunch of SW tank stuff just in case you prefer to skip down

There is the large Montipora rock to the right, Orange Ricordea rock, Red Mushroom rock, then frags are of Pokerstar, Rainbow and Mystic Sunset Montipora, an Acan, a Duncan the one with the crazy skirt / green center and the Trumpet (green top center), Emerald Crab, a few Cerith snails and a couple big Tigger Pods (I really like them they are kinda like swimming whitish pill bugs :lol:).

I have a very unhappy Xenia rock and will see about adding it to the 35G. It will likely be a hard time to get it happy since it is in the isolated bucket with the other rocks originally from the 12G. Maybe I will stick it back in, but to the 15G for now.

Some Stomatella snails.

I am looking for some nice Zoas, and value priced Zoas. I have a nearby hobbyist who is going to give me some parts and pieces from his aquarium inhabitants, at the moment I know will get a plating Orange Monti or 2 for the 35G, and unknown easy stuff.

The fun $$ will be going to FW Shrimp and maybe a school of CPD to add to my present batch.

The 15G soon to be 35G has the Urchin and killer Zoa Rock and a couple Mushrooms with the Saddleback Clowns and a Clown Goby and Porcelain Crab, I am afraid I haven't seen my 2 shrimp so will assume they are dead. Nerite snail Nassarius Snails and Dwarf Ceriths and Blue Leg Hermits and a Black Hermit and couple others.

Coming soon, Blue Star Clove Polyps on a island rock to help prevent overtaking things. My others were killed by the killer Zoa.

Thinking tomorrow will move the pair #1 good sized bunch of eggs and #2 small bunch of Angelfish eggs into the 35G and try raising some babies if they make it. Big pwc tomorrow for the 35G and refill with the water from the pwc from the 72G to help blend the 2 water parameters. Need to find another heater for the 35G.

You can trim the green star polyp or isolate it on its own rock my friends were going to do that but they never had the time and now the only two corals in their 75 Gallon are a giant green star polyp and some sort of branching tree coral. And a possum wrasse would look great in your tank as well as a school of blue/green chromis.

Some Stomatella snails.

Nice sounds like your very busy too

Jim B from Tennessee

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428526684.951526.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428526700.067011.jpg

Came across what I'm 99% sure is a baby mystery snail! I had been trying to get my snails to successfully breed since I first got them, have never seen any successful attempts. One of them died last week and now I found this one, pretty cool.

View attachment 269565View attachment 269566

Came across what I'm 99% sure is a baby mystery snail! I had been trying to get my snails to successfully breed since I first got them, have never seen any successful attempts. One of them died last week and now I found this one, pretty cool.

Ahh congratulations! Definitely a baby mystery :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

Jump started the cycle on the new 65g hex
Found two little babies swimming in my "planted" 10g that houses 3 female mollies and ghost shrimp. Not sure if more are hiding amongst the plants/rocks or what, but only spotted two babies.

Just picked up some plants, red crystal shrimp, and a Bolivian ram

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta/ghost shrimp
3g betta
2g fry

Got a new filter (Fluval 206), took it out of the box and looked it over.
I was thinking about putting the canister next to the tank stand and I was reading up in the manual how slack in the tubing is very discouraged. What??? I will definitely have to factor that in with the CO2 reactor I have not built yet. So I decided it will go into the cabinet. I cut the floating cabinet shelf in half and added a bracket for support. A shim was needed to make the shelf level. I saved the other half of the shelf and the support will allow me to remount it in the future if necessary. I still need to cut some holes in the back panel for the tubing; I've got some hole saw bits that should do the job.
bU6Ogtk.png
The right side of the cabinet has power strips, timers, food, and ferts. Going to put the test kit and other stuff that I don't use often in a closet.
OnpBV9V.png

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Started a little 2.5g shrimp tank :)
Has some ghost shrimp and a blue mystery snail.
Plants:
Hornwort- planted tank
Java moss- planted tank
Anarchis- planted tank
Mondo grass- didn't realize it's not fully aquatic till I got home. Very conflicting info. We will see
Bamboo- just for fun.

Sand was leftover from another tank.

$15 for a Walmart light and (not Walmart) livestock. Think it's pretty cool.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428543352.829907.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428543389.647253.jpg

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Caleb what sand is that?

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta/ghost shrimp
3g betta
2g fry

Caleb what sand is that?

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta/ghost shrimp
3g betta
2g fry

It came from a 20 pound bag of national geographic white sand. I like it, it's not "dusty" like the Caribsea sand in one of my other tanks.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Yeah I thought it looked nice!!!

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta/ghost shrimp
3g betta
2g fry

It came from a 20 pound bag of national geographic white sand. I like it, it's not "dusty" like the Caribsea sand in one of my other tanks.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428545347.287882.jpg this is all I can find... Is this it?

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta/ghost shrimp
3g betta
2g fry

This one. It's in the gravel/decor section. I would look on Amazon to see if it is any cheaper. PetSmart runs about $1/pound with it.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428545509.615384.jpg

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Back
Top Bottom