What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did my weekly water change, 25%, on my 45g. Replaced one of the carbon filters in emperor 400.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Had been chatting with Rachel (msjinkzd) and since she was down to her last dwarf amber barbs I ordered all of them for the project tank. Did a WC in that tank, took out some dwarf water lettuce and a few RCS. Finally got into the Endlers tank....trimmed some of the vals and took out half a dozen fry. Of course after doing a WC one of the females dropped another batch... Big surprise for me though was finding a dark blue shrimp in there. The tank has only had yellow and orange shrimp, nothing else! Catching it was surprisingly easier than I expected after the fry fun. At this point the rain had started and we were supposed to get storms but with the furcatas scheduled to arrive I really wanted to do a WC in the 16g. Pushed my luck (it was evening I was worried about the power going out) and got some new rocks in the tank plus cleaned up the plants. I partially blocked one end of the moss cave; the male peacock definitely seems to like that setup better:

img_3200898_0_ce01650ff945410719abda9731a548ad.jpg

i trimmed the plants in my dwarf frog tank(although it still looks like wild vines! They like it)

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428606806.429247.jpg

I got four ottos

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428606842.348588.jpg

I got 2 very tiny marble hatchets. They are in my smallest tank (for now)so hard to see though.

Sorry I don't know why the pics are so dark

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428606894.611764.jpg

Make sure you spread the bacopa out. I neglected to do that when I got and now I just have a mass of it and only the tops are healthy, smaller ones lacking nutrients. It grows like a weed though!

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Ok thank u. So it's ok if rip the stems into sections?

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

I'd give each stem around an inch for grow space. This will help ensure they don't block each other's light and not fighting over nutrients.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Unfortunately I don't have that much space in the back?... I have an Amazon sword back there along with driftwood and rock.

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

Lol half inch then. If you use ferts/co2 you will have more than you know what to do with soon lol

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I spent 3 hours collecting rocks for my cichlid tank and soon coming fish pond. The rocks look great and I got a LOT! I will post pictures of the finished tank later. Oh and TheresaM I love your amber barbs. :)
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428622820.480144.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom