What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Could you not house 2 EN's together Shelly? I've always been under the assumption that you could house ENs in groups

Tried 3 together and my big guy bullied them. Not sure how he'd manage with another one? He doesn't like company Lol the one my hubby looked at is only 3 inches and my guy is 9 so it's a big difference. I could say yes quite easily ☺

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

Tried 3 together and my big guy bullied them. Not sure how he'd manage with another one? He doesn't like company Lol the one my hubby looked at is only 3 inches and my guy is 9 so it's a big difference. I could say yes quite easily ☺

Ah, yeah I could see that being an issue lol

Added some new taiwan shrimp into my tank today. View attachment 270034View attachment 270035
Hubby nearly came home with the baby elephant nose he's been looking at! Looks like we might be adding a third tank soon ?

Yay new tank! Better see a build thread!

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Crazy busy as usual.

Pretty much think the huge tank this round is a no go.

But I really want Discus. Pretty much my lifes dream. So still keeping my eyes open.

Found at least one tiny shrimp in the 12G Blue Velvets tank, which is a relief since I was down to 10. I am getting a handful new BV breeding stock if it looks good this weekend :).

Been shopping around for some new shrimp more nano fish and will have to see what turns up with it.

Moved a few corals which maybe were getting TOO much light instead of not enough.

Killed a nuisance anemone today on one of the frag plugs, carefully.

Filled SW tanks for evaporation.

Tried freeze dried meal worms with all the fish and they loved them, I was really surprised.

Making a plants for a heater and mini powerhead trade this week.

Finally found the baby mystery snails in my 150 gallon. Probably saw about 30-40 of them just cruising along.

Here's my bichir guarding over one of the little guys, you can see like three yellow dots in the background where more of them are.

Going to try growing them out to about pea sized or so and start trying to give them away to whoever will take some.

Really like this pic!

Added some new taiwan shrimp into my tank today. View attachment 270034View attachment 270035
Hubby nearly came home with the baby elephant nose he's been looking at! Looks like we might be adding a third tank soon ?
New tank, baby elephant....yay!!!!

Found 2 dead rcs in my elephant nose tank today ? so I'm now on the hunt for the remaining shrimp too move them into my other tank. Wondering if they're getting starved as my amanos really don't like to share ?
Went back to my LFS and the baby elephant was gone ?absolutely gutted. So I'm now wondering do I add another tank or buy a bigger one for my guy and maybe add more!

Found 2 dead rcs in my elephant nose tank today ? so I'm now on the hunt for the remaining shrimp too move them into my other tank. Wondering if they're getting starved as my amanos really don't like to share ?
Went back to my LFS and the baby elephant was gone ?absolutely gutted. So I'm now wondering do I add another tank or buy a bigger one for my guy and maybe add more!

You could always use it as a grow out tank then add it to your main tank.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

You could always use it as a grow out tank then add it to your main tank.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Thought that too, every elephant nose I've seen are so tiny next to my guy so it would definitely get bullied. A grow out tank is probably the best thing.

Today I discovered that I should go purchase some vegetables this weekend because my tomatoes won't be here for a while. This started when out looked like some of my goldfish appeared to be "gasping" at the surface when I went out to feed them, so naturally I checked for ammonia and nitrite- nada. Then I checked everything and believe that they were trying to eat the bubbles on the surface because they stopped after I fed them. (Highest nitrate reading I've ever seen)

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1429208430601.jpg
    1429208430601.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 80
I tested my cousins nitrates and it was blood red. I wasnt surprised because he had 10 goldfish that were 4"-6" each and were in a 30 gallon tank. I made him get rid of the goldfish as soon as I could. Now he has a much better stocking list.

Found 2 dead rcs in my elephant nose tank today �� so I'm now on the hunt for the remaining shrimp too move them into my other tank. Wondering if they're getting starved as my amanos really don't like to share ��
Went back to my LFS and the baby elephant was gone ��absolutely gutted. So I'm now wondering do I add another tank or buy a bigger one for my guy and maybe add more!

Ohhhhh so sorry to hear about the little EN. Maybe it wasn't the ONE for you. Maybe someone will need to trade one in because it is getting too big.

When you find the right one, you could do twin tanks with the two EN side by side but not together on a nice credenza, or a twin tank room divider...

As for the Amanos they really like to steal all the food and run off with it.

Your new shrimp are very nice. I hope to get some nice ones like that pretty soon.

The Rainbow Monti frag is coloring back up with the new better light on the 12G SW Rimless Garden, but I think I killed my trumpet and my Acan looks pretty bad off, I think because of too much light. The diatoms went away and I did a little light clean on the glass. Today I am thinking of cleaning my big FX-5 filter, either that or give it a flush with the tank water to do a big 50% pwc. I am thinking it would be better to do a cleaning.

So I am learning a little more about auto water changing set-ups. Still trying to understand what I will need to know to set up the 72G for sure and maybe a second tank. (especially if I am gonna get a BIG tank for the maybe Discus project)

Planning my 4 stop afternoon tomorrow for trading fish, plants and supplies for different plants, fish and supplies. :dance:

Getting some fresh MacroAlgae to feed my Urchin, need to get some organic raw sea vegetable sheets for him to try too.

Theresa - maybe the Goldfish would like those as they also come in flakes!

Also tentatively purchasing some CPD's from someone and some little Cories if they are still available. Seller's pretty far away but willing to meet so very excited Our local stores seem to be out or want crazy prices for them. Was about to an online purchase for nano fish and a school of Cories but if I can get these for now I will be happy.

Next few days I will be continuing the spring cleaning and organizing, the fish mess is crazy otta control. I have bunches of stuff I don't really need, and then things I need I can't find. :facepalm: Getting rid of 2 tanks (really I am...) :whistle:

Last edited:
have everything set up so I can start fraging when my coral gets here ,if it ever does
UPS is 3 hours late on my 12 oclock deadline waiting impatiently now wondering if my coral will be frozen as I look at thermometer 30*
I never can win at this rate looks like I'll be up all night fraging

Ohhhhh so sorry to hear about the little EN. Maybe it wasn't the ONE for you. Maybe someone will need to trade one in because it is getting too big.

When you find the right one, you could do twin tanks with the two EN side by side but not together on a nice credenza, or a twin tank room divider...

As for the Amanos they really like to steal all the rood and run off with it.

Your new shrimp are very nice. I hope to get some nice ones like that pretty soon.

The Rainbow Monti frag is coloring back up with the new better light on the 12G SW Rimless Garden, but I think I killed my trumpet and my Acan looks pretty bad off, I think because of too much light. The diatoms went away and I did a little light clean on the glass. Today I am thinking of cleaning my big FX-5 filter, either that or give it a flush with the tank water to do a big 50% pwc. I am thinking it would be better to do a cleaning.

So I am learning a little more about auto water changing set-ups. Still trying to understand what I will need to know to set up the 72G for sure and maybe a second tank. (especially if I am gonna get a BIG tank for the maybe Discus project)

Planning my 4 stop afternoon tomorrow for trading fish, plants and supplies for different plants, fish and supplies. :dance:

Getting some fresh MacroAlgae to feed my Urchin, need to get some organic raw sea vegetable sheets for him to try too.

Theresa - maybe the Goldfish would like those as they also come in flakes!

Also tentatively purchasing some CPD's from someone and some little Cories if they are still available. Seller's pretty far away but willing to meet so very excited Our local stores seem to be out or want crazy prices for them. Was about to an online purchase for nano fish and a school of Cories but if I can get these for now I will be happy.

Next few days I will be continuing the spring cleaning and organizing, the fish mess is crazy otta control. I have bunches of stuff I don't really need, and then things I need I can't find. :facepalm: Getting rid of 2 tanks (really I am...) :whistle:

Thanks Autumn, that's just me all over should have got him when my hubby said, but I like to have everything ready and I wasn't.
Tank's side by side would be really cool never thought of that! cheers.
Yeah amanos are a tad bit greedy lol going to move things about in Gonzos tank tomorrow and hopefully find the rest of the rcs to move them.
Well concerned as my guy hasn't ate for 2 days not sure what's wrong so I'm going to do an early big clean tomorrow and get a good look at him. I hope he's okay.

Autumn your thinking of discus! Lovely such beautiful fish, my hubby has always wanted to keep discus maybe one day.

Nothing exciting here today, just feeding. Although I did just trade some useless vape items for this

Believe it is a 29g. Not sure what to do with it as we are out of room haha

Attachments

• 1429224699709.jpg
    1429224699709.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 52
Nothing exciting here today, just feeding. Although I did just trade some useless vape items for this

Believe it is a 29g. Not sure what to do with it as we are out of room haha

lol. I was out of room so I put it on my work desk in my room. It's great but I get a "little" distracted when I do work on it.

Where do I start?
Let's see...I moved the filter output from the right side of the tank to the center of the tank. That's it.
Yeah, slow night. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

We live in an apartment. It's large, split foyer style. We already have 3 tanks set up. 55g, 65g and a 10g. 55 and 10 are in the living room. 65g I in the dining area. I could put it in the bedroom :D

We live in an apartment. It's large, split foyer style. We already have 3 tanks set up. 55g, 65g and a 10g. 55 and 10 are in the living room. 65g I in the dining area. I could put it in the bedroom :D

that would be nice. The sound of softly running water is naturally calming. I have gotten so used to my 5 fish tanks in my room that I can't go to sleep without them.

Back
Top Bottom