Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-21-2012, 02:24 PM   #391
Aquarium Advice Regular

Moved my only cory to a 10g. Did a water change on both my tanks.

Old 04-21-2012, 02:44 PM   #392
Aquarium Advice Addict

Water change in the nursery. Net over some large fry to the big tank. Added root tabs for my swords. Fed the new corys.

Attachment 90271

His name is big Mac , and he's 4x larger than all the other Cory's lol

Old 04-21-2012, 02:52 PM   #393
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxx

I wouldn't ever buy puffers from my Walmart, they are always black bellied (sign of stress or illness in puffers), their bellies are sunken in (sign of internal parasites, which most green spotted puffers have when first imported) and they are kept with the African cichlids so they are always beaten up. When I see them there they are almost always all dead or dying and beaten up. I got mine from my LFS in wonderful condition, I bought four and only lost one in the first weeks, the other three are happy and healthy and a year and a half old. They got a nice 50% water change today and a cube of frozen bloodworms. I need a new light for their tank, though. That's what I've done so far, the other tanks will probably get a water change today too. I ended up with a surprise day off from work since they were too slow to even need me to come in.
They actually had their own little cubical tank. Tiny pleco and half dead plant was all that was with them. Most of them looked pretty healthy other then their fins were sketchy. Kind of raggedy. Not sure if it was fin rot or they were nipping each others fins. I'm jealous you have some of these cute guys.
I'm about to do a pwc on my betta tank and put a black divider up instead of the white one.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:18 PM   #394
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra123 View Post
Moved my only cory to a 10g. Did a water change on both my tanks.
Yeah, I did a 50% water change on my 55 and my 10 today.

Who say's that you can't have more than one tank? Just get one more... just one...
phoenixkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:52 PM   #395

50% water change on my 36gal and my 20 gal!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-744575487.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	90304  
Old 04-21-2012, 06:17 PM   #396
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Well, I decided to make a brine shrimp hatchery after I found an old air pump. Put it together and then realized the pump wasn't putting out air. Took it apart, fixed it, and got it all working, then in an attempt to put a hole in the cap of the 2 liter bottle I was using I cut a deep gash in my pinkie finger. Once I stopped the heavy bleeding, went right back at it with a different tool and got it together! However I think my 20 gallon is going to wait a day or two for a water change. Don't feel like getting my cut possibly infected with something...
Old 04-21-2012, 06:31 PM   #397
Aquarium Advice Addict

Did a 30% water change on my 29 and 10 gallons and a 50% change on the 5 gallon. Also cleaned out some plants. Anacharis makes such a mess!
Old 04-22-2012, 12:56 AM   #398
Aquarium Advice Freak

Bought some black sand for my tank at last! Couldn't afford to buy loads because I couldn't find anything black outside my LFS so I bought one bag. It won't be enough. But, I thought I might put a layer of gravel on the bottom below the visible part and then put sand on top... I wonder if that will work. I confess that looking at my tank, I am not sure it will do the job.
Old 04-22-2012, 01:01 AM   #399
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinMcG
Bought some black sand for my tank at last! Couldn't afford to buy loads because I couldn't find anything black outside my LFS so I bought one bag. It won't be enough. But, I thought I might put a layer of gravel on the bottom below the visible part and then put sand on top... I wonder if that will work. I confess that looking at my tank, I am not sure it will do the job.
Have you looked for blasting sand..they sell 50lbs for like $5 at tractor supply co
Old 04-22-2012, 01:38 AM   #400
Aquarium Advice Activist

did a 10% watre change and gave them a snack..

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com