What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks! I guess I should've listed what they were. Top to bottom its a Peacock cichlid, bumblebee cichlid, flowerhorn, and electric yellow lab.

Cool! I really like the peacock cichlid, now I know what it is Lol ?

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

SW Caleb!
I wouldn't know where to start ?

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

Yeah I changed my mind on the shrimp tank and took a leap of faith in my dream nano :)

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Why remove it? I WILL have a dedicated clown/peacock mantis tank one day. It is the main reason I want a sw tank

A mature one can shatter a glass tank and break open clams with its *fists* now do you want your hand in that tank?

Btw Finntastic my LFS sells a Zebra Mantis

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I mean I know what they're capable of, but I have been fascinated by them for years. Also I could be wrong, but I think Zebra Mantis are of the spear variety, not smashers

My neighbor , à electrician fixed a old t 8 fixture for me and gave me a trippy led panel I might build a frame for.I'm stoked,want to go buy some fish.It's a 30 mile drive to a lfs and should let the tank cycle a bit longer.

Got 4 aponogeton ulvaceus, 1 water lily, and 1 onion plant for my planted tank

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

the fungus that has killed my betta has taken three more lives and two are on the verge. Also my other Betta is showing symptoms.

I think spearers are boring. They sit in their little holes all day. Smasher varieties will go out and explore, hunting etc. Give me some time and you'll see a mantis tank build from me

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

the fungus that has killed my betta has taken three more lives and two are on the verge. Also my other Betta is showing symptoms.
Fungal infections aren't particularly contagious or fast killing. Take a look at columnaris, thats commonly misdiagnosed as fungus.

Too much working not enough fun tanks time...

Just fed the basics. Did see my SW Porcelain (15G), and Emerald Crab as well as my Fire shrimp (12G) which is always acting like he is starving. My new Rock Flower Anemone is looking like it is happy with its home. Very interesting creature. Very lively and responsive behavior like it can see, but it can't because it doesn't have eyes, lol.

I cannot say enough about how much I like them so far. Still a very new inhabitant so time will tell (1 in each larger SW tank).

Due to work changes, will not be able to set up the 35G SW until Monday or Tuesday, almost a week delay from when it was planned. VERY disappointed about that. Will be getting stuff moved, though not really scaped yet. Planning an arch and rock "tower" though still getting comfortable with how to make that happen correctly. Don't want to crush my creatures. Also will be learning about how to do a retrofit for the hood of the tank set up. And probably trading off the killer Zoa rock colony to a more experienced reefer and pick up some Monti caps and misc. Been waiting for this new purchase / trade for 2 months, needs to be done after the light retrofit. Ugh.

Back
Top Bottom