What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here are the supplies for today's project. Didn't think it through very thoroughly when I was at Lowes and bought sch40 PVC but I wanted black abs instead. Oh well, saved a little coin by accident ?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430169428.161414.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

View attachment 271116

It's finally set up and ready to go! :)

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Looks really good Caleb ?

Autumnsky your correct I do like the troublemakers ? Lol
Had a few floating plants in the shrimp tank again, soo I've fed the snail's some spinach tonight hopefully they'll keep off my plant's!
Gonzo is still being fussy about his food, so I'm going to not feed him again tomorrow morning. Maybe give him an early clean.

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

So now that my 10 gallon is fishless I can't decide what to stock it with. Here are my choices: coldwater tank with White Cloud Mountain Minnows and a Paradise Fish or White Cloud Mountain Minnows and Hillstream Loaches. What do you guys think? (I am aware that Hillstream Loaches do best with a current and I will git a small powerhead.)

So now that my 10 gallon is fishless I can't decide what to stock it with. Here are my choices: coldwater tank with White Cloud Mountain Minnows and a Paradise Fish or White Cloud Mountain Minnows and Hillstream Loaches. What do you guys think? (I am aware that Hillstream Loaches do best with a current and I will git a small powerhead.)

*cough* nano reef *cough* ;)

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

This
p-71055-green-clown-goby.jpg

this
p-89265-Firefish%20Purple.jpg

this
p-80342-crab.jpg

and this
81835371.8thebuNz.83747737.3tmGOsr9.jpg

:D

But, if you insist on going with your choices, then I would say skip the hillstreams and go with the paradise fish option.

Are you open to other cold water fish suggestions?

This

this

this
p-80342-crab.jpg

and this

But, if you insist on going with your choices, then I would say skip the hillstreams and go with the paradise fish option.

Sorry, no more SW until I make more money (already told by the owner of my LFS, Triad Reef Critter's, that I can work there once I'm old enough) and yes I am open to other suggestions.

I broke my main filter, my fx5, during a deep cleaning.

Luckily I have another filter on the tank that will be fine until Wednesday when the fx6 I ordered comes in.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

This

this

this

p-80342-crab.jpg

and this

I really love the cleaner shrimp and I believe that's a porcelain crab? Might put those in my nano :)

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Sorry, no more SW until I make more money (already told by the owner of my LFS, Triad Reef Critter's, that I can work there once I'm old enough) and yes I am open to other suggestions.

I suggest these to everyone, but it's still very rare to see them kept on this forum. I've only ran into about 3 other people that have ever had them in my entire time here.

Aphyosemion Australe - Lyretail killifish

Orange - Most common This was a pic of the male I used to have.
75748-albums12252-picture59788.jpg

Red
a9e51a86ff17d914b7fdc3056168183b.jpg

Chocolate
img_3213876_2_542fa2896e66f1380f8de9ade313f623.jpg

They breed without too much difficulty. They are mop spawners and you can safely ship the eggs which are really hardy tbh. The fish and their eggs sell pretty readily online as well.

Found a huge flaw with my marineland silhouette 3g pico reef today. I saw the temperature was down to 71 degrees so i thought the heater went out.

I ran to grab a eheim jager i had laying around to put in the tank to warm it back up when i realized the back compartment basically ran dry leaving the heater exposed.

The filter cartridge got clogged and was restricting flow into the back compartment while keeping the water level relatively constant in the tank.

So props to nat geo for making a good heater that wont die when exposed to air. Also, i am very glad i have a digital thermometer on that tank because its the last thing I see every night.

My 10g finally read 0 nitrites and 0 nitrates!! Moved by Betta into his new (and permanent) home and he loves it!
Also took out the divider in the 20g and my shark roams free at last! I can't wait for my 55 to get in so that he can roam even more free!
All my levels are great! Just need to vacuum out the gravel tomorrow in my 20g and do a water change.

20g long Baby Shark tank
10g Betta

I suggest these to everyone, but it's still very rare to see them kept on this forum. I've only ran into about 3 other people that have ever had them in my entire time here.

Aphyosemion Australe - Lyretail killifish

Orange - Most common This was a pic of the male I used to have.
75748-albums12252-picture59788.jpg

Red
a9e51a86ff17d914b7fdc3056168183b.jpg

Chocolate
img_3213946_2_542fa2896e66f1380f8de9ade313f623.jpg

They breed without too much difficulty. They are mop spawners and you can safely ship the eggs which are really hardy tbh. The fish and their eggs sell pretty readily online as well.

My fiance died when she saw them, so we're going to get some soon I hope! The plan is to move our guppies into my 20 and dedicate the 10 to them. Such gorgeous fish, thanks again for suggesting them!

Actually if you're breeding them... are you selling/shipping any eggs?

My fiance died when she saw them, so we're going to get some soon I hope! The plan is to move our guppies into my 20 and dedicate the 10 to them. Such gorgeous fish, thanks again for suggesting them!

Actually if you're breeding them... are you selling/shipping any eggs?
If i had any still i would happily sell you some. My female died before i could get breeding them and i havent seen any more from our lfs

One thing of note, they do occasionally nip guppies. I would assume the same would happen to a betta. I've never seen a problem with any other fish though. There was never any permenant damage done though.

If i had any still i would happily sell you some. My female died before i could get breeding them and i havent seen any more from our lfs

One thing of note, they do occasionally nip guppies. I would assume the same would happen to a betta. I've never seen a problem with any other fish though. There was never any permenant damage done though.

I was reading about that, and between that and wanting them to breed, that's why we decided to put them in the 10 where the guppies are now and put the guppies in the 20 gallon. I was watching 2 pairs for $15 on aquabid but the auction ended before I had the money to nab them.

Back
Top Bottom