What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tomorrow after I'm done bringing back my silver Molly (eye problem)
my 3 plecos (I didn't know they can get so big)
and my million guppy babies (that happened to just appear one day and that didn't get eaten like everyone said they would) lol
I'm going to put the 5 ottos in the big tank :) yay for the new cleaning crew!
and I will be a lot better with the stocking levels !! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430374014.426452.jpg(I only have 2 hatchets now but I put 5 on the list because they are better in groups so I will eventually get 3 more- if I can find them)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Pwc on my shrimp tank. Algae scrub and noticed I've got hydra! I really don't like them ?
Added some cabomba to my elephant nose tank decided to use ceramic ring's so he can't up root them, they where only in for 10mins and he'd moved them away from his house! So off to the shrimp tank with them ?

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

I've always found it funny when fish rearrange decor after you carefully planned every thing out. There are 3 certain fake plants in my 55g African community that get moved constantly. No matter how deep in the substrate you bury them.

I put them back in anyway soo we'll see how long it lasts Lol

Plant's have been left alone. He's been enjoying sleeping in them! 1430421313330.jpg1430421388014.jpg1430421406874.jpg

I went to my LFS to do some club business and they had 7 chili rasboras. Soooo now they are sitting and acclimating waiting to become friends with the 17 I already had. I totally had no intent to buy any more of them. Hahaha oops

Had my new pps-pro dry ferts from GLA arrive. Have a free little things to get before starting them though.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Was feeding my One Spot Domino Syno Catfish and I noticed that not only my catfish ate the catfish pellets but so did the ROPEFISH!!! I thought ropefish only ate earthworms and bloodworms. Though it does explain why he hasn't been eating as much when I feed him every 3 days.

Was feeding my One Spot Domino Syno Catfish and I noticed that not only my catfish ate the catfish pellets but so did the ROPEFISH!!! I thought ropefish only ate earthworms and bloodworms. Though it does explain why he hasn't been eating as much when I feed him every 3 days.

Every 3 days?? I feed mine a earthworm every day! Mine doesn't care for bloodworms he wants to see his food moving in fear!

On topic: since we are talking about ropefish, mine are from my hand for the first time today! I'm glad we have established that trust he won't run from the hand that feeds him.

On another note... ITS FINISHED!
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430445521.724443.jpg
10g nano reef is cycling and on its way :D

Caleb

Every 3 days?? I feed mine a earthworm every day! Mine doesn't care for bloodworms he wants to see his food moving in fear!

On topic: since we are talking about ropefish, mine are from my hand for the first time today! I'm glad we have established that trust he won't run from the hand that feeds him.

On another note... ITS FINISHED!
View attachment 271373
10g nano reef is cycling and on its way :D

Caleb

Mine gets a cube of bloodworms every three days. I will start with the earthworms this weekend.

Got up this morning to one of my vampire shrimp dying ? checked my parameters and I had high nitrates again, feel bad for my little guy.
Received my magnetic algae scrub for my big guy's tank, this may sound like a dumb question but do you guy's just leave it stuck to your tank or remove it? Thanks

Got up this morning to one of my vampire shrimp dying ? checked my parameters and I had high nitrates again, feel bad for my little guy.
Received my magnetic algae scrub for my big guy's tank, this may sound like a dumb question but do you guy's just leave it stuck to your tank or remove it? Thanks

I remove mine. I just attach the two pieces though so nothing gets on the scrubbing part.

I remove mine. I just attach the two pieces though so nothing gets on the scrubbing part.

Oh no :( did it actually die or did you get to a water change in time??!

Oh no :( did it actually die or did you get to a water change in time??!

He was on his side hardly breathing, so I filled a bucket up with my other tank's water and placed him in it while I did a 60 % clean. But he died, now I've only one of them left ?

Back
Top Bottom