Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-22-2012, 03:05 AM   #401
Aquarium Advice Activist

Yesterday I removed my dead Kribensis. She seemed fine all week then poof went to do pwc and low and behold it was doing the side stroke. Thinking of maybe adding another Roseline to the tank. Who knows? All I really know it the replacement is not happening now or in near future.

Old 04-22-2012, 08:23 AM   #402
Aquarium Advice Addict

Changed out the play sand (yuck!) in my 75 gallon, replaced with eco-complete, redid the aquascape, fish are really happy with all the new hiding places.

75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:13 AM   #403
Aquarium Advice Addict

stared at my fishies some more. i think my jewels laid eggs again. i took out about half the java moss in my 55
Old 04-22-2012, 10:50 PM   #404
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrc8858

Have you looked for blasting sand..they sell 50lbs for like $5 at tractor supply co
I have been hunting, but couldn't find a supplier in Victoria.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:06 PM   #405
Aquarium Advice Freak

Shifted one of the neons to my 5 gallon betta tank in prep to swap out my main tank for a 29 gallon tank. The plan was to give him a day to adjust and then move the other two. Then I would swap the tanks. But.... The betta got nasty quickly. So, he went into a bucket and all three neons got his tank. I cleaned out the 20 gallon. Rinsed 14 kgs of black sand for ages and ages. Soaked my filter in vinegar and water to try to fix it (no luck). Running my other filter with diluted bleach in a bucket. Also soaking my rocks and my heater in the bleach. I really don't want to risk bringing over any of the Cyanobacteria.

Waiting for the sand to settle so I can arrange my rocks and branches and such. I think the betta and neons will have to stay put for the night.

I also weeded my garden and planted lettuces, spinach, peas and spring onions while I rinsed the sand. And cooked a roast while I was doing the rest. Busy day!
Old 04-22-2012, 11:14 PM   #406
Aquarium Advice Obsessed

Had a complete disaster! Added one ghost shrimp to each of the divided sections of my 26g Betta tank. Woke up to two eaten bettas, one male and two females missing chunks of fins! Spent all morning tearing the tank apart and catching the little devils. My one remaining male (from this tank) and my 5 girls are happy and back in their divided tank. The shrimp are in a bucket awaiting death via goldfish. {insert evil laugh here}
Mumma.of.two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:28 PM   #407
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumma.of.two
Had a complete disaster! Added one ghost shrimp to each of the divided sections of my 26g Betta tank. Woke up to two eaten bettas, one male and two females missing chunks of fins! Spent all morning tearing the tank apart and catching the little devils. My one remaining male (from this tank) and my 5 girls are happy and back in their divided tank. The shrimp are in a bucket awaiting death via goldfish. {insert evil laugh here}
I always thought that betas were a threat to shrimp, not the other way around!
Old 04-22-2012, 11:33 PM   #408
Aquarium Advice FINatic

added a treaser chest to my 36g lol.

I got 2 paradise gouramis for my 29. kinda worried but I think thell do okay with my 8 neons and 5 serpae tetras...:/

OOOOoh I got a aqueon water changer for my sink. I LOVE IT :'D still geting used to it but I love it a lot.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:14 AM   #409
Aquarium Advice Activist

Added a 3" clown loach. PWC, replanted a few plants that got uprooted by my pleco.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:54 AM   #410
Aquarium Advice FINatic

fed all my new fish for the first time
I went to an aquarium auction yesterday and got a lot of new friends! ! including a proven breeding pair of albino long fin BN plecos for $14.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com