Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-07-2013, 11:52 PM   #4111
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterfaller1 View Post
Thank you! 7X Anubias Barteri.
Cool!! I have 3X barteri and 5X coffeefolia rhizomes just starting to grow leaves... I'm happy I got the barteri now!! Thank you

ktomminello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:54 PM   #4112
Aquarium Advice Addict

I just got my tank! Its siting on the living room floor waiting to be set up!

Old 08-08-2013, 12:01 AM   #4113
Aquarium Advice Activist

I got home from vacation to find my son's goldfish tank really cloudy and smelly. My dad was supposed to feed them so I asked how much. We give them two little pinches. My dad gave em a half a cup(of the fish food cap, it's big.) a day..

So i cleaned my son's goldfish tank
Old 08-08-2013, 12:13 AM   #4114
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh0818 View Post
Yaaaaaay!
Old 08-08-2013, 12:21 AM   #4115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishhooked View Post
I got home from vacation to find my son's goldfish tank really cloudy and smelly. My dad was supposed to feed them so I asked how much. We give them two little pinches. My dad gave em a half a cup(of the fish food cap, it's big.) a day..

I worry my mom will overfeed mine when im gone on vacation too.. i have been telling her weekly im gonna leave the exact amount in a ziplock bag for each tank dont feed more then that... ill leave each bag on the tank its for.. lol dont touch anything else .. im gonna feed alil more monday then normal shes gonna feed on weds n we will be home friday or saturday i cant remember what i booked now... lol

Pwc on my 20g crawfish tank ... they are breeding like crazy this week i know i have just happened to see them like 4 times so no telling how many i havent noticed :/

Added like 5g more to the 125g water is evaporating out fast even with my ac on 65 i just added atleast 5g Monday

Pwc on 10g and 5g betta tanks ...

And watching my snails clean up food in my 55g pigs... ready to have fish in it hoping a local friends will spawn successfully soon im about to go crazy with this basically empty tank.. 2 mystery snails almost golf ball sized n 4 otos makes it look like a waste!!!! Might look for my dither fish soon to take the edge off lol
Old 08-08-2013, 12:31 AM   #4116
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjacks View Post

I worry my mom will overfeed mine when im gone on vacation too.. i have been telling her weekly im gonna leave the exact amount in a ziplock bag for each tank dont feed more then that... ill leave each bag on the tank its for.. lol dont touch anything else .. im gonna feed alil more monday then normal shes gonna feed on weds n we will be home friday or saturday i cant remember what i booked now... lol

Pwc on my 20g crawfish tank ... they are breeding like crazy this week i know i have just happened to see them like 4 times so no telling how many i havent noticed :/

Added like 5g more to the 125g water is evaporating out fast even with my ac on 65 i just added atleast 5g Monday

Pwc on 10g and 5g betta tanks ...

And watching my snails clean up food in my 55g pigs... ready to have fish in it hoping a local friends will spawn successfully soon im about to go crazy with this basically empty tank.. 2 mystery snails almost golf ball sized n 4 otos makes it look like a waste!!!! Might look for my dither fish soon to take the edge off lol
Someone may have already suggested it, but those little plastic cups and lids (think fast food ketchup, mustard, etc) are pretty handy for dosing out food portions. Also, HIDE the rest of the food
Old 08-08-2013, 12:31 AM   #4117

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh0818 View Post
I hated that... im very impatient so a empty tank wasnt good for my need to set it up immediately...lol
Old 08-08-2013, 12:37 AM   #4118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh2o View Post

Someone may have already suggested it, but those little plastic cups and lids (think fast food ketchup, mustard, etc) are pretty handy for dosing out food portions. Also, HIDE the rest of the food
I was just gonna leave them for the week n she had a cow so i promised i would let her feed them 1 day..lol i thought about those containers but i already have the snack sized ziplok bags so i was just gonna do that.. hoping my new snails come in before vacation so my crawfish can just eat them...

Thanks for the suggestion though it did give me some more ideas
Old 08-08-2013, 12:42 AM   #4119
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishhooked View Post

That ALWAYS stinks!!! I don't get vacations because of that. My pretty, but very high maintenance tanks keep me 2X a day with gallon changes for fertilizing and for blackwater balance. YAY finally the 90g is back balanced and plants are taking root- and stability has been kept for 2 weeks- now I just have to get 5 more diamond tetra and 4 more blue and red Colombian tetra to add a school of 7 diamond in one 'introduction' and 5 b/r Colombian 2 weeks later... Then my Bolivian rams... I spent all day today trimming back roots and dead matter and vacuumed all tanks.
ktomminello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:14 AM   #4120
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxx View Post

Yaaaaaay!
I know!!!!! I just built the stand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjacks View Post

I hated that... im very impatient so a empty tank wasnt good for my need to set it up immediately...lol
Ima workin on it! Got the stand done so far!

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Fish tank | - »