What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Trying to do some of our aquatic plants emersed. Keeping a journal of results.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430789710.239007.jpg

Currently trying:
Bamboo-semi aquatic
Mondo grass-semi aquatic
Hygrophila pinnatifida- aquatic
Star Repens- aquatic

All from PetSmart. Using miracle gro potting mix and some dirt.

Caleb

Cool project Caleb. I've seen a lot of people do dry-starts on things like star repens, and other plants for a few weeks and then slowly flood the tank. Wish I had the extra coin to spend on a proper substrate and some plants!

Cool project Caleb. I've seen a lot of people do dry-starts on things like star repens, and other plants for a few weeks and then slowly flood the tank. Wish I had the extra coin to spend on a proper substrate and some plants!

I just used stuff laying around the house and plants I already owned lol. We will see how it goes.

Caleb

I'd happily buy some off of you ;)

20g long Baby Shark tank
10g Betta

I'm no plant expert. Some it it's doing great others not to much. I'm spreading it out because it became a forest and the lower leaves were browning from not enough light. I'll keep you in mind for it though because it grows like crazy. I just want to restore to health first. Who wants a browning plant to coming the mail? Lol

Caleb

Finished with the Bacopa Caroliniana on the 75g. Tank still needs a ton of work but one amazing thing is it seems my GSA has just disappeared overnight. I cleaned the tank really good late last week and it just hasn't come back at all. I've waited for this moment for months :D it's still on my rocks but I don't mind that. Glad it's off the glass though.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430870573.896021.jpg

The nano reef still making progress cycling. Did a top off. Can't wait for it to finish!
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430870817.447196.jpg

I spread out a bit of the leftover Bacopa to my other tanks just as a test... Yes even the jack Dempsey tank.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430870861.398851.jpg

Also got some of the fish for the tank I'm building for a client :) temporary home for 2 more weeks till I can set up the tank. I wasn't assured stock so I did so preplanning and will get the rest sooner to the build date.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430870993.795107.jpg
Sterbai cories I'm in love. I wish I had some of these now but it's for their tank.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430871048.163079.jpg

Caleb

Finished with the Bacopa Caroliniana on the 75g. Tank still needs a ton of work but one amazing thing is it seems my GSA has just disappeared overnight. I cleaned the tank really good late last week and it just hasn't come back at all. I've waited for this moment for months :D it's still on my rocks but I don't mind that. Glad it's off the glass though.
View attachment 271701

The nano reef still making progress cycling. Did a top off. Can't wait for it to finish!
View attachment 271702

I spread out a bit of the leftover Bacopa to my other tanks just as a test... Yes even the jack Dempsey tank.
View attachment 271703

Also got some of the fish for the tank I'm building for a client :) temporary home for 2 more weeks till I can set up the tank. I wasn't assured stock so I did so preplanning and will get the rest sooner to the build date.
View attachment 271704
Sterbai cories I'm in love. I wish I had some of these now but it's for their tank.
View attachment 271705

Caleb

How many tanks do you have?????

20g long Baby Shark tank
10g Betta

How many tanks do you have?????

20g long Baby Shark tank
10g Betta

2.5g crayfish tank/plant experiments

10g nano reef still cycling

10g Betta tank

45g small tropical community

40g Jack Dempsey cichlid species tank

75g planted larger community.

Around 80 fish total, 30+ species.

Maintain them all while working 60 hours a week :)

Caleb

2.5g crayfish tank/plant experiments

10g nano reef still cycling

10g Betta tank

45g small tropical community

40g Jack Dempsey cichlid species tank

75g planted larger community.

Around 80 fish total, 30+ species.

Maintain them all while working 60 hours a week :)

Caleb

Dang. Serious respect for you.

20g long Baby Shark tank
10g Betta

Haha yep! My first project when i get my real job is to make a breeding rack with 15 or so tanks all plumbed into a central sump.

Hopefully after school I'll have me a real job (in just a contractor right now) and can set up some larger tanks or a bunch on nano ones. Haven't decided yet :p

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom