What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't get to mess with tanks too much today. I did have the (dis)pleasure of rounding up a bunch of plants/stems floating in my 55g and replant them thanks to my wife's %*#^# severum. For sanity purposes that fish might be traded for another discus.

Finished with the Bacopa Caroliniana on the 75g. Tank still needs a ton of work but one amazing thing is it seems my GSA has just disappeared overnight. I cleaned the tank really good late last week and it just hasn't come back at all. I've waited for this moment for months :D it's still on my rocks but I don't mind that. Glad it's off the glass though.
View attachment 271701

The nano reef still making progress cycling. Did a top off. Can't wait for it to finish!
View attachment 271702

I spread out a bit of the leftover Bacopa to my other tanks just as a test... Yes even the jack Dempsey tank.
View attachment 271703

Also got some of the fish for the tank I'm building for a client :) temporary home for 2 more weeks till I can set up the tank. I wasn't assured stock so I did so preplanning and will get the rest sooner to the build date.
View attachment 271704
Sterbai cories I'm in love. I wish I had some of these now but it's for their tank.
View attachment 271705

Caleb

Hey, I have the same tank (4th one down ). It's a wonderful space saver but gotta get creative because its short, wide, and tall.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hey, I have the same tank (4th one down ). It's a wonderful space saver but gotta get creative because its short, wide, and tall.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's going to be built for a client. I sure wish I owned it lol. Can't wait to play around with it

Caleb

I spent the afternoon trying to rig up some sort of filter for koi in a pool with nothing but air stones in there.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I spent the afternoon trying to rig up some sort of filter for koi in a pool with nothing but air stones in there.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Trash can filter!!! Sounds trashy but can work really well!

Mebbid and Cool, "wow" on the plants!

Well I was hoping for more to show but not getting very good pics at the moment So in the interest of time I have a couple sideways ones - sorry.

Ok so here goes.

Upgraded the 15G column SW to the JEBO new r375 tank. I was going to get a 46G black bowfront then DD decided she loved it again, lol so just decided to use what I have for the moment.

From this - Seaweed was right about not being able to get the glass clean so I got the Urchin! (y)
60074-albums13960-picture66839.jpg

and this plus a 5G bucket from the 12G
60074-albums14354-picture68824.jpg

to this after a few hours of adding the sand

60074-albums14354-picture68823.jpg

to this the next day

60074-albums14354-picture68822.jpg

it cleared up even more and now it perfect looking clear

the Urchin and at the bottom the Caribbean Rock Flower Anemone

60074-albums14354-picture68827.jpg

My big Astrea Snail munching on a chunk of dried sheet seaweed like Nori.

60074-albums14354-picture68820.jpg

The pretty pic of the RFA all frilly and showing off
60074-albums14354-picture68816.jpg

Then RFA trying to move...caught in the act!

Thought it was so interesting how big it got its foot.

60074-albums14354-picture68817.jpg

I moved one rock and it settled down

60074-albums14354-picture68819.jpg

Then it moved behind the rocks in the center, lol, so i can barely see it! No pic for that since you really can't see much.

Peaking out from the tunnel
60074-albums14354-picture68821.jpg

An odd thing that most my shrimp in my 6.6G are gone. Just not there. BUT my Chilis and Phoenix Rasboras (Boraras Brigittae and Merah) are in the mood for love. All over the tank all day long! Only have 5 atm.

Look (sideways) at how red he is!
60074-albums9764-picture68828.jpg

Here (sideways) both males. One is Chili and the other Phoenix. Have heard they can cross, originally they were supposed to all be Brigittae. Who knows right now, we will see if anything comes of it all.
60074-albums9764-picture68830.jpg

Also have new eggs from the good pair of angels. If they make it tomorrow the next day maybe wigglers or they will be eaten by the tank mates.

Fed my Vinegar Eels 2 pieces of apple. Still trying to comprehend these guys.

Hoping to harvest some in a couple days.

Tomorrow (Wednesday) is the BIG day. (Technically today)

Picking up 30 Tangerine Tigers shrimp and babies. I am so blessed to get the deal I am getting for them!!!

THEN if that wasn't the most exciting thing for the day...going to check out a couple far away lfs that I haven't been to yet.

THEN as if that wasn't the other most exciting thing...I am picking up a bunch of fish. 13 Celestial Pearl Danios/CPD aka Galaxy Rasboras AND 6 Salt and Pepper Cories!!! A couple Dwarf Gourami and an Oto from a tank close down. Plus some assorted and misc supplies - Yippee, I am :dance: happy (and out of fish fun funds) So very fortunate for this amazing day and opportunities!!!!!!!!! In the couple days after I will be picking up a Rock Flower Anemone from the lfs which was ordered and finally came in. It will be a present for Mothers Day :ROFLMAO: Overall pretty crazy great week.

Told you there would be a lot to report. Longest post nomination I think...:popcorn:

Been trying to clean out my 55g, and both 10g but between school, homework, and my social life I haven't had much time.

LFS gave me 4 different food samples to try on my shovelnose since he still hasn't eaten anything except a earthworm in a week. Hikari massivore, cobalt cichlid pellets, some sort of shrimp pellets, and frozen blood worms. Hope I can get him to eat

LFS gave me 4 different food samples to try on my shovelnose since he still hasn't eaten anything except a earthworm in a week. Hikari massivore, cobalt cichlid pellets, some sort of shrimp pellets, and frozen blood worms. Hope I can get him to eat

Give it time hopefully he will come around. Bichir can go on a hunger strike for up to a week. I know Omega One makes a carnivore mix you could try that.

Caleb

Did a WC in the Endlers tank and started pulled out 22 fry. The jar project is next to that tank and I noticed a lot of activity, the scuds are definitely multiplying so I'll feed some to the scarlet badis tomorrow.

img_3218836_0_608d63b51eb1a59ee6a792ef12ae9481.jpg

Quite a few MTS in almost all the tanks. Going to set up some sort of jar/bowl project for them.

And another batch of shrimplets, still too tiny to tell if they're tigers or carbon rili though.

Did a WC in the Endlers tank and started pulled out 22 fry. The jar project is next to that tank and I noticed a lot of activity, the scuds are definitely multiplying so I'll feed some to the scarlet badis tomorrow.

img_3218838_0_608d63b51eb1a59ee6a792ef12ae9481.jpg

Quite a few MTS in almost all the tanks. Going to set up some sort of jar/bowl project for them.

And another batch of shrimplets, still too tiny to tell if they're tigers or carbon rili though.

Is that jar sealed, like air tight? What else do you have in it other than the plants?

Is that jar sealed, like air tight? What else do you have in it other than the plants?

Yes, it's sealed. All the plants are floating and growing like crazy! There are some pond snails and a colony of scuds.

get everything in for the client build. Heard I get to set it up this Friday/Saturday!

Here's the layout for now minus rocks and sand ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430960168.968021.jpg

Caleb

I have that same red plant haha. Also the little green ones. 99c at petsmart right? lol I think it'll look sweet when it's up

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Fun project! What did you decide on for stock?

It's for the pastor and his wife of my church. It's the wife's anniversary surprise. She wanted some flashy colorful fish he can relax and watch.
Stock planned right now:
It's a 56g column
1 angelfish
5 Sterbai cories
5 male guppies
2 red wag platy
2 sunburst platy

I made sure all the livebearersare male! No baby explosions lol

I know I can probably do more stock but I'm keeping it simple at first and they can add more.

You keep saying client. Are you getting payed to set up aquariums for people?

I wish. (See above) she gave me a budget to work with. I'm doing it for fun and free.

Caleb

It's for the pastor and his wife of my church. It's the wife's anniversary surprise. She wanted some flashy colorful fish he can relax and watch.
Stock planned right now:
It's a 56g column
1 angelfish
5 Sterbai cories
5 male guppies
2 red wag platy
2 sunburst platy

I made sure all the livebearersare male! No baby explosions lol

I know I can probably do more stock but I'm keeping it simple at first and they can add more.

I wish. (See above) she gave me a budget to work with. I'm doing it for fun and free.

Caleb

That's still pretty cool. I do anything to get my hands wet, I have a mag float in both my aquariums and I still put my hands in the aquarium to clean the glass. Plus you get to buy aquarium stuff without spending any money even if it's not yours. I'm addicted to buying aquarium stuff

That's still pretty cool. I do anything to get my hands wet, I have a mag float in both my aquariums and I still put my hands in the aquarium to clean the glass. Plus you get to buy aquarium stuff without spending any money even if it's not yours. I'm addicted to buying aquarium stuff

Me too. Amazon is my best friend and the PetSmart employees know me be name now lol

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom