What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't even hear mine running haha.

Preachers tank looks good. Tank is defiantly gonna need some top swimmers though to fill the void!

I can't even hear mine running haha.

Preachers tank looks good. Tank is defiantly gonna need some top swimmers though to fill the void!

The guppies plaguing one of my tanks will do just that! They hang in the top and middle.

Caleb

Forgot to add pic..
View attachment 271938

I'd do a background but I maxed the budget they gave me already so this is it besides fish. I wish I could have done live plants but they are newbies. Oh well.

Caleb

Since I have the same tank then it's been almost an art to fill in the top. a I did so but now that I have pulled all the silk plants and fake bamboo and put in real plants it's been a waiting game.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1431131308306.jpg
    1431131308306.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 59
Since I have the same tank then it's been almost an art to fill in the top. a I did so but now that I have pulled all the silk plants and fake bamboo and put in real plants it's been a waiting game.

Hey that anarchis is sure growing though!

Caleb

Hey that anarchis is sure growing though!

Caleb

Heck yeah, it was 6" 2 weeks ago. Just gotta concern about the kleiner bar sword and the java fern acclimating.

Heck yeah, it was 6" 2 weeks ago. Just gotta concern about the kleiner bar sword and the java fern acclimating.

I have a shoot of anarchis that I've left untrimmed and it's like 4 feet long now.

Caleb

I have a shoot of anarchis that I've left untrimmed and it's like 4 feet long now.

Caleb

I believe it, an Anacharis is like a plant on steroids! But some new leaves on my java fern has holes in it. I dose with supplements weekly now. I don't know what's going on :(

I believe it, an Anacharis is like a plant on steroids! But some new leaves on my java fern has holes in it. I dose with supplements weekly now. I don't know what's going on :(

Even though it's an easy plant mine has some of the same problems yet my other plants are just fine. I'm stumped.

Caleb

I was looking at plants at PetSmart... You trust them? Do they grow well and stay healthy?

20g long Baby Shark tank
10g Betta

All my java ferns (~20 plants), staurogyne repens, and anubias nana have come from petsmart gel packs/gel tubes. Not sure how much I would trust them if they came from a tank, but the tissue culture plants are really nice.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

All my java ferns (~20 plants), staurogyne repens, and anubias nana have come from petsmart gel packs/gel tubes. Not sure how much I would trust them if they came from a tank, but the tissue culture plants are really nice.

Awesome! Thanks!

20g long Baby Shark tank
10g Betta

I was looking at plants at PetSmart... You trust them? Do they grow well and stay healthy?

20g long Baby Shark tank
10g Betta

I have actually had pretty good luck with them.

All these started at PetSmart:
Amazon sword
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431138399.693849.jpg
Cryptocoryne Crispatula
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431138429.295804.jpg
Bacopa Caroliniana (it was a HUGE patch and I've just thinned it out a few days ago)
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431138451.265880.jpg
Don't mind the ropefish but star Repens (not much luck mainly because my dojo loach loved digging them up) and Java ferns. Also the brownish red one is alternanthera reineckii which I mistakes for a cardinal plant. It's a hard plant to grow and it's not really doing well in my tank.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431138529.336760.jpg

Caleb

I was given a replacement motor for my broken fx5. I had my co2 reactor attached to my fx6 but the high flow didn't give the co2 enough time to dissolve fully into the water resulting in microbubbles being pushed out of the spray bar. I had to choke down the flow to prevent bubbles from escaping. Now though, I fixed the fx5, attached my reactor to it and slowed the flow down and was able to crank my fx6 up to 100% again. I took the Rena Filstar I had on my 150 and put it on my betta tank, getting rid of the obnoxious HOB filters I had.

So now the fx5 pushes the fully dissolved co2 into the path of my spray bar which circulates it through the tank. Much better setup than before. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431189027.231092.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431189038.558948.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Did my water change a day early to free up sometime tomorrow (today actually) for acclimatization of 3 new loaches I'm picking up. Besides spilling water on the floor multiple times (buckets after no fun) the DT pwc was uneventful.

The QT pwc wasn't so... Started out seeming to be the easiest pwc ever. Everything was going smooth and not a drop of water on the flow, but after I drained the tank I smelt something burning. Forgot to unplug the heater and I removed 95% of the water whoops #1. Whoops #2 was putting it into the blood worm culture I have next to the QT and I cracked the glass housing from the temperature change(I'm assuming). Not realizing this I put my hand into the water to feel the temperature. I have been shocked before by 120V and let me tell you this is worse. Whoops #3 (ssuch an eventful tone for a 10 gal) was kicking up a bunch of sand and running the filter at the same time, got a grain of sand stuck in the impeller. Luckily was able to free it and everything(except the heater) is working nice and smoothly.

Moral of the story if something is to good to be true it probably is. Now I get to buy a heater tomorrow instead of just fish and excel.

Back
Top Bottom