Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-13-2013, 04:10 AM   #4171
Elephant nose Finatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddodad View Post
Thanks, if he doesn't I know it's my fault but kids have to come first
I understand, hope things keep ok.

Old 08-13-2013, 04:25 PM   #4172
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Put some new black gravel in my 5g Betta tank did water changes on both of my tanks. The 10g seems healthier now. I think the parasite is finally gone! Also had to scrub the algae out of my 5g. It was getting pretty bad. Happy fishies all around

Old 08-13-2013, 05:47 PM   #4173
Ayi
Aquarium Advice Freak

About to do a water change and rescale of my african tank.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:50 PM   #4174
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

Went out and bought a gravel vac. Have not used one in a long time (one tank is planted and the shrimp tank is sort of new). It was a telescoping type with some type of flapper (no sucking on the siphon hose). Worked fine; slow flow; narrow tube to get into tight places. The only thing I did not like was that very fine grains of EcoComplete got in between the two sleeves (the telescoping feature) and now it is stuck at one length (which is fine...dry hands).
It really pulled a lot of gunk from the gravel. I only vacuumed the parts that were not near any plants.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:59 PM   #4175
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Did a pwc on my SA tank, tested my nitrates and looks pretty good. Also ordered a tilapia joka online today, should be here by Friday

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1305439599.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	146.3 KB
ID:	192002
Old 08-14-2013, 08:38 AM   #4176
Aquarium Advice Freak

Filter swap

I removed the internal filter from our 6-gal opting for an Azoo 150 HOB, which is MUCH quieter.

I ran the two filters in parallel for a week to seed BB in the new HOB and dosed with Stability. Checking water parameters this morning...

6G Planted 360 Round and Tall - 2G Pico Cube - 2G Nano Long - 23G Rimless Community Build - 20G Grow Out Tank
octanejunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:51 PM   #4177
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
I'm having a cup of tea, then it's time to thoroughly scrub out my new 10 gallon and work on getting one of my 20 longs set up, or at least start on painting a couple tanks! Hooray for days off! I also plan on jarring the last of my betta fry, and cleaning out their tank so I can set it up for another spawning.

Also, it's been a good day - I've been offered a secretarial position by a friend of mine for $10 an hour, and I'm looking like the best candidate. So hopefully I will soon have a better job and more money for fish stuff! Keep your fingers crossed for me!
Old 08-14-2013, 04:01 PM   #4178
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxx View Post
I'm having a cup of tea, then it's time to thoroughly scrub out my new 10 gallon and work on getting one of my 20 longs set up, or at least start on painting a couple tanks! Hooray for days off! I also plan on jarring the last of my betta fry, and cleaning out their tank so I can set it up for another spawning.

Also, it's been a good day - I've been offered a secretarial position by a friend of mine for $10 an hour, and I'm looking like the best candidate. So hopefully I will soon have a better job and more money for fish stuff! Keep your fingers crossed for me!
They are crossed! You got it no problem!
Old 08-14-2013, 04:14 PM   #4179
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Heh, oh yeah, and I just remembered I need to get a QT up and running, I'm getting new fish in tomorrow! Thankfully I keep a sponge filter seeded, so I just need to fill it up and pop the filter and a heater in. So that makes two 20 longs to get started on!
Old 08-14-2013, 06:01 PM   #4180
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxx View Post

You'll get it.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com