Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-23-2012, 01:04 AM   #411
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Made a pleasant trip to my lfs and bought some flourish comp and excel. Now i just news to figure out how much i need to dose

Old 04-23-2012, 02:29 AM   #412
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by smomus
Picked up some sunburst platys and red wag platys along with some mystery snails for my sons tank. I believe at least one is pregnant..
For my daughters tank 2 Mollies and a mystery snail. Was going to move the 2 I already have, but when we got home one was dead
After they all have been qt for a while will move a mystery snail or 2 to the main tank and the remaining Molly to my daughters tank.
On a side more I actually got good info at my local petsmart today. My son asked about a striped fish he really wanted (can't remember what it was) and the sales man actually told him no because his tank wasn't big enough!
Walmart had some green spotted puffer fish. SO cute! They would follow my finger up and down the tank wall. Totally wanted one or 2 but I don't have a brackish tank and I've vowed never to buy fish at Walmart.
Any way that was my day..
Found myself in Walmart again today. I always go look at the fish anymore. Those adorable green spotted puffers? Ich all over everyone of them! And all the tanks that were connected to it.

Anyway added white gravel to my Molly tank and rearranged it some.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:15 AM   #413
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumma.of.two
Had a complete disaster! Added one ghost shrimp to each of the divided sections of my 26g Betta tank. Woke up to two eaten bettas, one male and two females missing chunks of fins! Spent all morning tearing the tank apart and catching the little devils. My one remaining male (from this tank) and my 5 girls are happy and back in their divided tank. The shrimp are in a bucket awaiting death via goldfish. {insert evil laugh here}
Shrimp revenge! I'm sorry for your betta loss. Who would have thunk right?
Old 04-23-2012, 08:15 AM   #414
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yesterday was a disaster

I fed and found my beta being eaten alive by my angel.
Removed him from the moss wall
Tore down the moss wall and pit he java back.
Noticed I had the beginnings of ich
Started a heat treatment.
One o my neon tetras was beat up pretty bad.
My beta is now sick and in seperation because I don't want to put him in his old vase.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:00 AM   #415
Aquarium Advice Freak

Maybe not today as I spent whole weekend working on them, but got my moonlight up and working
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2711724383.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	90601  
Old 04-24-2012, 10:00 AM   #416
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles0oO View Post
I fed and found my beta being eaten alive by my angel.

One o my neon tetras was beat up pretty bad.

My beta is now sick and in seperation because I don't want to put him in his old vase.
When you have incompatible fish, like the angelfish and betta, the tank is bound for disaster and illness. Ich can be caused by stress and it looks like the aggression in your tank between the species caused a hot mess.

The first word of advice people get when asking about bettas in community tanks is to have a good backup plan, which means a minimum of a 5 gallon tank (cycled) that the betta can be moved into when/if the community tank does not work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gave away a 10 gallon and a 20 gallon tank on freecycle today.
75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:08 AM   #417
Aquarium Advice Addict

Planned on doing nothing until I walked up to the tank and saw my red zebra trying to imitate the swiss alps. There was a pile of sand over 1' tall covering 3 plants. I don't think he was too happy when I pushed all the sand back under the rocks. Unfortunately I was in a rush to get to work so tonight I will be pulling rocks out to make sure sand is under everything. I noticed quite a few shifted more than I would like.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:15 AM   #418
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Give my glass and back wall a little scrub to remove excess algae and it's Tuesday so it blood worm night
Old 04-24-2012, 03:20 PM   #419
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Last night I ordered a new heater for the 20 gallon, a new light hood for the 30 gallon, a 17 lb bag of salt mix, and a new nitrate test kit from petco as they had an earth day sale. Wooooo new stuff! Also I did a water change on the 5 gallon last night. Today I'm changing the water in the 20 gallon and the betta cube and possibly making a divider of sorts for my 5 gallon and maybe I'll see if I can get a ride to pick up a lightbulb for that tank. Hehe, nothing like having a test to study for to motivate me to procrastinate via tank maintenance!
Old 04-24-2012, 06:41 PM   #420
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via Skype™ to clark4feathers
Today as everyday, I woke up trying not to forget to feed the ponies when I woke up. Then I rememberd, they did not fast on Sunday. So guess what? no shrimp today. I do not like fasting them, but it is good for them and good for the tank.....Do not believe me? Check it out at Seahorse.com - Seahorse, Sea Life, Marine Life, Aquafarm Sales, Feeds and Accessories - Home

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Emails | - »