Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-18-2013, 04:05 AM   #4201
Elephant nose Finatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddodad View Post
The number of infected rasbonas has gone from 2 to 4. Did the 50% pwc and medicated the tank. I'm just hoping it doesn't wipe out the entire school of them or spread to any other fish in the tank. The 2 first infected are not doing well at all I they do not improve by tomorrow I feel like I should put them out of their misery.

It's times like this I wish I had a qt/hospital tank.
Sorry to hear things aren't good i hope they improve for you.

Old 08-19-2013, 04:25 AM   #4202
Aquarium Advice FINatic

did a huge water change and cleanup on the 55 gallon, have a cyanobacteria outbreak going on. moved two of the angels to their own tank so they can "get it on" in peace

did a huge water change and maintenance on mom's 28 gallon bowfront. she's had fish dying lately. there's "stuff" in the tank. I think one of the grandkids "fed" the fish

Her 75 gallon is semi-aggressive. Had a pictus catfish die a few days ago, she didnt realize the pleco was missing until today....

Old 08-19-2013, 04:58 AM   #4203
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Changed the tanks for the baby blue crays and cleaned it first. Found a crack in the original one, so today was looked like the perfect day to make the switch, lol. Was going to do it anyway...

Changed water on one other lil tank. Added water to the OEBT tank and the Betta Chi.

Made about 5-6 Christmas moss rocks and Subwassertang rock. Decided to use some of it and see if it would look amazing after it grows out. Have just enough Christmas Moss left for the DW piece. Need to get a little piece of stainless steel screen to stitch a bunch of Subwassertang to it.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:31 PM   #4204

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
Changed the tanks for the baby blue crays and cleaned it first. Found a crack in the original one, so today was looked like the perfect day to make the switch, lol. Was going to do it anyway...

Changed water on one other lil tank. Added water to the OEBT tank and the Betta Chi.

Made about 5-6 Christmas moss rocks and Subwassertang rock. Decided to use some of it and see if it would look amazing after it grows out. Have just enough Christmas Moss left for the DW piece. Need to get a little piece of stainless steel screen to stitch a bunch of Subwassertang to it.
Busy busy busy.... lol sounds like itll look good when completed

i have down nothing but feed.. need to do pwc on all 5 tanks trying to wait for the water problems we are having to clear up first ...
Old 08-19-2013, 06:12 PM   #4205
Aquarium Advice Addict

Wasn't a good day at work, very very stressed. Came home and did wc on both tanks. I wasn't paying attention and spilled I'm not sure how much water. Other than that, everybody is accounted for. Considering adding some ottos to the 10g betta tank but not sure yet, he's a killer.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:44 PM   #4206
Aquarium Advice Addict

Land Plants In Aquarium

Emersed a Chinese Evergreen in my 38 G. Removed the two Hagen AC 50s and replaced them with two internal Tetra Whisper 10s and dropped the water level to make room for the plant leaves. The 10s are much smaller than the 50s, of course. It didn't take long for the Evergreen roots to take in the nitrogen from the fish waste. Water chemistry is fine, just nitrates in the mid 20 ppm range. Just use the small filters for surface movement for gas exchange, anyway. Fish and aquatic plants are fine. A 50 percent water change and replace the filter media every couple of weeks and I'm done.

B
Old 08-20-2013, 12:36 PM   #4207
SKB
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Recently found a steal for a 75g tank to upgrade my SA cichlids. I cleaned it and need to re-seal it and find a place for it (empty out dresser, etc.) Been working on that so much lately, I must have been neglecting my African cichlids. I found my OB dead this morning immediate water change and vac.

Freshwater Newbie? Click this: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...um-154837.html
SKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:48 AM   #4208
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I cleaned mine! and stared a lot.. Sorry to hear about your GBR :c
Old 08-21-2013, 10:13 AM   #4209
Aquarium Advice Freak

Relocated our betta bowl to my daughter's room after discussing his needs and personality, removed heater as a trial

Added floaters (pistia stratiotes) and ferts to our 6-gal tall tetra tank

I obsessed over our now 3-day old shrimp tank, a 2-gal long (thread pending)

Started a new thread here too: My Grow Bucket "tank"

6G Planted 360° Round and Tall - 2G Pico Cube - 2G Nano Long - 23G Rimless Community Build - 20G Grow Out Tank
octanejunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:44 PM   #4210
SKB
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Ordered my 75g stand! going to re-seal the 75g tonight!

Freshwater Newbie? Click this: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...um-154837.html
SKB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com