Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-21-2013, 10:36 PM   #4211
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

Planted tank long overdue for a trim! Most of the Bacopa caroliniana reached the top of the tank and the Salvinia covered about 50% of the surface. I threw some Bacopa in my ornamental pond and they disappeared under the lily pads. A few weeks later I see it growing out of the water. More swimming room for the fish.
Here is a before and after shot:

Old 08-21-2013, 10:44 PM   #4212
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh2o View Post
Planted tank long overdue for a trim! Most of the Bacopa caroliniana reached the top of the tank and the Salvinia covered about 50% of the surface. I threw some Bacopa in my ornamental pond and they disappeared under the lily pads. A few weeks later I see it growing out of the water. More swimming room for the fish.
Extremely nice!

Old 08-22-2013, 12:43 AM   #4213

Soaking driftwood pieces .. my bucket isnt quite big enough so im gonna put them in something bigger.. i know the blues are gonna love it if one will fit mayb too big :/ so then they will go in the 55g ...

Fed the tanks and topped off evaporated water.. looked into getting a pleco and might have the hubbu talked into it .... want a L235
Old 08-22-2013, 01:54 AM   #4214
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh2o View Post
After is better looking, nice trim job!

Well I bought and cleaned some CaribSea FloraMax. For the 12G Edge tank.

Added Staurogyne Repens (SR)and Cryptocoryne Balansae, Crispatula var. Balansae, from Petsmart and I bought some Cryptocoryne Wendtii 'Tropica'
some stems of the plants I got last week, the Red Rotala and the Sunset Hygrophila.

Moved my Christmas Moss onto a twig and added a Anubias Nana 'Petite' into a little nook. Aaaahhh so nice.....

Then I added more water and completely forgot the DW was going to float. Well it floated and floated well!

I knocked over almost all the SR I had just planted, smashed a little bit of it with the DW while I was trying to figure out what I would use to hold it down. Came up with a big white quartz stone. it was too big and flopped over and banged against the glass.

Almost had a heart attack thinking it was gonna break!!!

Found a couple smaller Iron stone river rocks, needed two to keep it down and tucked them into the wood.

Finished by adding some additional substrate and water and hooked up the filter.

The LED lights compared to the Halogen in my 6G Edge, are so much brighter.

It is a bit cloudy, a couple hours after messing with it. Maybe 20% more to clear up. hopefully by morning.

Not very Glorious, but here is the first pic.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:55 AM   #4215
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post

After is better looking, nice trim job!

Well I bought and cleaned some CaribSea FloraMax. For the 12G Edge tank.

Added Staurogyne Repens (SR)and Cryptocoryne Balansae, Crispatula var. Balansae, from Petsmart and I bought some Cryptocoryne Wendtii 'Tropica'
some stems of the plants I got last week, the Red Rotala and the Sunset Hygrophila.

Moved my Christmas Moss onto a twig and added a Anubias Nana 'Petite' into a little nook. Aaaahhh so nice.....

Then I added more water and completely forgot the DW was going to float. Well it floated and floated well!

I knocked over almost all the SR I had just planted, smashed a little bit of it with the DW while I was trying to figure out what I would use to hold it down. Came up with a big white quartz stone. it was too big and flopped over and banged against the glass.

Almost had a heart attack thinking it was gonna break!!!

Found a couple smaller Iron stone river rocks, needed two to keep it down and tucked them into the wood.

Finished by adding some additional substrate and water and hooked up the filter.

The LED lights compared to the Halogen in my 6G Edge, are so much brighter.

It is a bit cloudy, a couple hours after messing with it. Maybe 20% more to clear up. hopefully by morning.

Thats soo nice! Where did you get the dw?
Old 08-22-2013, 02:11 AM   #4216
Aquarium Advice Addict

Nice Autumsky!!
Old 08-22-2013, 02:33 AM   #4217

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post

Looks wonderful!!!!!
Old 08-22-2013, 03:02 AM   #4218
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

The DW came from a lfs. DW is called red spiderwood. Store owner said because it turns a red color after it gets water logged.

We shall see

Thank you everyone. I really appreciate the positive words. I have been working towards getting this set up put together for so many months. Planning and dreaming... and I was so lucky to get the tank.

Was eye balling the Spiderwood for over a year too. They finally sold the original piece I spotted, but this one is even better!!!

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:19 AM   #4219
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Just fed everyone and watched them. Between cleaning the kitchen entirely and playing find the kitten with Momma Cat I didnt have time for the tank stuff I had planned for today. Guess after my meeting for work tomorrow I will get all my tank stuff done. Hopefully that will include moving my marbled crays and maybe setting up a new betta pair. At the very least I plan on some water changes, and now that I have an extension for my water changer I can reach my fish room with it!
Old 08-22-2013, 06:52 PM   #4220
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Just received my shipment of tilapia joka's. they look great and already eating

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1061379623.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	132.1 KB
ID:	193968
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1522568768.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	193966   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1958255312.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	193967  

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com