What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Checkd my water n finally got my pwc completed...also added some more live plants ..oh n found my missin oto only long enough to conplete my changes then he went missin again..which is kinda weird bc all 3 of the otos never hide usually stuck to the tank r n plain sight ...

Just got back home after a month long vacation. My fish look good. My tank is a mess! So either today or tomorrow I will have to do a major cleaning and pwc.

Oh my gosh bear thats a long time!! Ha i hope you had a great time! I am playing in a tourniment this week and we are traveling there so i had to teach my friend the basics of keeping my reef tank alive :) haha i broke it down for him so he thinks saltwater is super easy now! :p we fed the tank pellets and nori, frozen was last night along with the water change. Just did a top off... We are good to go!

I am going on a cruise in the summer for 3 weeks and I'm going to have to write a list down of what to do with my tank lol!

Samzter said:
I am going on a cruise in the summer for 3 weeks and I'm going to have to write a list down of what to do with my tank lol!

Wow that will he a big list! Have fun on your cruise!

Samzter said:
Thank you nunu! Yeah I don't think I can leave them in charge of pwcs and the feeding.

Yeah. My husband was in charge of feeding and liquid fertilizers and topping off. No pwc's. Lol!

I've since been looking in my tank. My 2 original hi fin variatus babies have grown so much! The two left from the second batch are the size of the ones from my first batch before I left, I've seen 4 other tiny babies, my Mickey mouse platy looks like she is going to burst, I think there are at least 2 baby ghost shrimp- they are pretty small, and 3 of my MTS have grown from 1/4 inch to about an inch and a half-ish!

I guess tomorrow will be my cleaning day. I only had time to stare at my tank for a few minutes today when i fed the fish. A month is a long time to be gone from home! So many other things to do!! ... Plus ... I know it's going to be a big deal to clean. I think I'm going to have to pull out all the plants too. Ugh. Wish me luck! LOL!!

I HAVE FINISHED!

I spent nearly 2 hours and did a 17gallon pwc (55 gal tank). I took out all the decorations and most of the plants. Well, all but 3 that didn't need pruning or removal of melting leaves. Wiped all the glass, swished my filter pads, put everything back in and now I'm done. I was actually impressed with the cleaning abilities of my 3 zebra nerites and my MTS (don't know how many there are anymore). There really was no algae anywhere. A couple of spots on the glass was all. I dosed my tank with Prime and some API Leaf Zone. I'll be getting root tabs very soon as my swords had quite a few melting leaves. Ive also been thinking about buying a new lightbulb since I'm not sure the age of my current bulb. Oh, i fed the fishies some flake food today too. I love my tank. I'm really proud of it. :) So that's what I did with my tank today!!

added more live rock , few more new corals , bought a 20gal long adding dividers for 3 different type feeders myisin , brine , pods, spent more money online way to much $ more stuff to arrive next week micro algeas , lights , salt, filters ect

54seaweed said:
added more live rock , few more new corals , bought a 20gal long adding dividers for 3 different type feeders myisin , brine , pods, spent more money online way to much $ more stuff to arrive next week micro algeas , lights , salt, filters ect

Sounds like you'll be busy next week! Your tank looks good. I like the cardinal fish! :)

good eye they hide a lot wish they would come out more
2 bangiis on other side of the power head hiding

Took out some dead java fern, noticed a ton of growth in my many many baby java ferns. Doused liquid ferts, fed the crew. Replanted one of my melon swords and my male Bolivian ram wasn't too pleased.

Did a 10 gal pwc on my 55. Tested pH and nitrates. Ph was higher than I wanted (8.2) and nitrates were 40-80. I blame it on the use of tap water for top offs while I was gone for a month and also the fact that my 17 gal pwc last week was tap water too (had just gotten home and decided it was more important to clean the tank ASAP than wait until I went to the store for RODI water). The fish are all fine though and I used RODI water to refill today. Just can't get anymore Rummies until my levels come down. Anyway- my Mickey mouse platy had some babies. I was able to scoop out 7 to give to my sis in law to feed to her turtle. I have to keep my tank from getting over populated. Oh- also dosed liquid fertilizer.

I tested my water. My 30 gallon absolutely refuses to cycle. It's very sad:(. I added some fish food to try to give the bacteria some nutrients and at least get something going.

I didn't do anything but feed them. I was planning a water change on the 56 yesterday and one on the 30 and the 5 today, but yesterday my filter overflowed and I had to empty and move the 56 to assess damage to the stand and let the stand dry off, so that kind of wiped me out, so I took a break today and the other tanks will get caught up tomorrow.

added some macro algae to my main tank looks awesome and also added feeders and macro into feeder tank (Brine shrimp,Mysiss shrimp,pods)
got my mysiss this month from Drs foster/Smith live aquara wasn't very impressed with shrimp smaller than brine shrimp and not as big as the ones I got from reefs to go last month theirs are much larger almost a inch and 1/2 easy and healthier looking
so I know where I'm getting my feeders next month (y)

purchased some crypt wendtii and some hornwort. really hoping that the hornwort grows like a weed!!!! fingers crossed. :popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom