What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Water change and a vacuum when I get home. speaking of vacuuming. Should I take my fish out of the tank during this process?

Water change and a vacuum when I get home. speaking of vacuuming. Should I take my fish out of the tank during this process?

You can leave them in :) just be careful as some fish can spook and jump (I have to be careful of my biggest tank - I have a few jumpers )

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Cool. Figured since Alvin has usually chilled in the oppisite side of where I am cleaning, that he would be fine. Just wanted to make sure.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So much. Set up a new 2.5g for a male breeder, bought a whisper filter for 1-3 gallons and a mini heater from Aqueon to sustain him and I added 5 ghost shirmp to my new 5g that will be for a new sorority of female Bettas. Need to get a new bulb for the hood tho cause it's at the dark side of my room. I have soooooo many tanks now. It all started with one simple Betta... 2 years of fish keeping will do that to you, I guess.

46g Red tailed shark tank
10g Betta and Ember Tetras
10g Betta breeding tank
5g Female Betta Sorority
5g Male Breeder Betta
5g Crayfish

Probably going to find another 10g or something and go bare bottom for some cultures with dividers. If not I'll use leftover white sand and use MTS for a culture as well.

Puffer still not taking frozen sadly.

Going to use a gate valve prob and some splitters for an air stone in each culture.

Caleb

Leave them in, just keep the siphon low to the gravel when changing vacuum locations and it will reduce the chance of a fish getting too curious.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Leave them in, just keep the siphon low to the gravel when changing vacuum locations and it will reduce the chance of a fish getting too curious.

Sucking up Alvin would be very bad, as funny as it might be, it would be very bad! Sorry I have a weird sense of humor!:lol:

4 of my 5 shrimp died last night... :/ all the parameters are normal... I don't know what to say. Hopefully when my breeders go in, they won't die too

10g Betta breeding tank
5g Female Betta Sorority
5g Male Breeder Betta
5g Crayfish

4 of my 5 shrimp died last night... :/ all the parameters are normal... I don't know what to say. Hopefully when my breeders go in, they won't die too

10g Betta breeding tank
5g Female Betta Sorority
5g Male Breeder Betta
5g Crayfish

How long did you acclimate them? Inverts are much more sensitive than fish when being brought into new conditions.

Caleb

I did a drip acclimation for 30 minutes. Probably should've done it for an hour :/

10g Betta breeding tank
5g Female Betta Sorority
5g Male Breeder Betta
5g Crayfish

I did a drip acclimation for 30 minutes. Probably should've done it for an hour :/

10g Betta breeding tank
5g Female Betta Sorority
5g Male Breeder Betta
5g Crayfish

When I did my SW cleaner shrimp I dripped for 3.5 hours :D I would pinpoint it to a short acclimation.

Caleb

Yeah figured.

10g Betta breeding tank
5g Female Betta Sorority
5g Male Breeder Betta
5g Crayfish

Sucking up Alvin would be very bad, as funny as it might be, it would be very bad! Sorry I have a weird sense of humor!:lol:

I wraps a rubber band around a filter bag covering the intake of my siphon. If you give it enough slack the bag will get sucked inside the siphon and collect detritus. 100% fish safe although it does cut down on flow a bit :)

Did a partial water change on my qt tank and look how my substrate is being changed in the 55!

Attachments

• 1434704914914.jpg
    1434704914914.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 1434704930029.jpg
    1434704930029.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 82
  • 1434704944669.jpg
    1434704944669.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 70
Back