What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Added 3 snails, driftwood and a java fern to my tank!

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1434920871218.jpg
    1434920871218.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 71
My brother has been wanting to plant the betta tank for a long time. Well he's gone to camp for a week I made a little surprise for him. Just some extras from the other tank. Yes it's a jungle and Luis the betta loves it.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1434921789.209183.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1434921752.959575.jpg

Caleb

So I bought 7 more neons and three female cherry barbs. That makes 11 neon school and 1male and 4 female cherries.
Bio load on 60g is at 85% not including the 'plant filtration'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No no no. I have quite a few others in there. Total of 38 inches of fish in the fully planted 60g.

No no no. I have quite a few others in there. Total of 38 inches of fish in the fully planted 60g.

Inches doesn't matter. Inch per gallon is way outdated. We stock tanks based off compatibility, size, bioload, etc.

Caleb

Yes Caleb. I am aware. But for simplicity sake and less typing I just said 38inch per 60G. That's only 63%. But I'm at 85% per my compatibility and bio load (type of fish and their wastefulness etc). The size is part of the inch/per. So i don't count it exactly. But all my fish are about 1" anyway.

Your new plant setup looks much better than mine

added a 20 pound piece of LR and the white rock and rescaped to fit both pieces in.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

today I was expecting a coral package but it was delayed by fed ex
yesterday did a water change that should have taken 15 minutes but than I had issues getting my overflow to prime , 4 1/2 hours later after I tore overflow apart and cleaned
and removing 2 large serpent stars from my intake tube I finally got things running again

50% pwc on the 36g endler tank plus general filter maintenance on the hobs.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1435089274.393522.jpg
Water is still a bit cloudy, but everything is running well!

? Diana Lee ?
? the Redhead ?

Water change and a filter rinse! I am having serious white foamy bubbly issues

Family member called me earlier today saying his neighbor gave him a bunch of fish and he couldn't house all of them so he wanted me to come see if I could take any of his unidentified fish. When I made it over there, I seen he had been given a bunch of African cichlids and he only wanted 3-4 out of the bunch. I came home with:

3x 4" labs
1x 4" demasoni
1x 4.5" OB
1x 3" red jewel
And 11x red jewel fry around 1.5" each.

Pretty good haul for some free fish ?

Jesse

Came home to power outage. So I bubbled up the tanks with some breaths before bed and power came back on after 4 +hours. Then 2 filters wouldn't prime so I plugged in air pumps to keep things aerated.

This morning they worked things loose I guess and after adding some water they fired up. Thank goodness. Fed all freeze dried brine shrimp and had seemingly happy fish for the treat.

Came home to power outage. So I bubbled up the tanks with some breaths before bed and power came back on after 4 +hours. Then 2 filters wouldn't prime so I plugged in air pumps to keep things aerated.

This morning they worked things loose I guess and after adding some water they fired up. Thank goodness. Fed all freeze dried brine shrimp and had seemingly happy fish for the treat.

Nice job. Most power outages where I live last much longer and it is so stressful to the fish people I know.

Yesterday I purchased and hooked up a new chiller. fish and corals happy at a steady 79 degrees now.
Also did my quarterly maintenance on my DIY protein skimmer; complete break down and cleaning, new airstones, rebuilt the air pump, topped off the bio-pellets in the reactor.
and a ten gallon water change.

Back
Top Bottom