Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-08-2013, 08:04 PM   #4411
Aquarium Advice Addict

Trimmed some more plants and starting to figure out how I'm going to move my 'big' 29 gallon in a month or 2. It's been planted for over a year and everything is very much established. I have an idea: remove all fish and drain water to about an inch or so, leaving all plants rooted in the sand. Only moving 2 minutes away so it shouldn't be too shocking to them.

Old 09-08-2013, 08:18 PM   #4412
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Lost another guppy a male tis time fro quarantine tank already did water change today so I won't do another seems pointless to since most it was in there was 4 hours at most if it died right after I left house today

Old 09-08-2013, 10:01 PM   #4413
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

Went to the LFS looking for some hard scape. They have lots of DW but I was looking for stones. Did not see anything I liked so I went to Lowes and picked up a bag of River Rock. The rocks in the bag varied in size from pea gravel to larger than walnut size. They were quite dusty at first; a quick rinse displayed some nice colors:

Here is another shot; there is a quarter in the pic for size reference:

Question: Aside from thorough scrubbing and washing with hot water, should I do the vinegar test on these?
I might let them soak in tap water and see if there is a change in pH overnight.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:16 PM   #4414
Aquarium Advice Freak

Picked up a few huge chunks of fissidens fontanus from a local SCAPE buddy

Picked up new digital timers for our lights (with built in battery backup)

Planted glosso in our 2G Pico Cube

Launched 5 H. almandae (ember tetra) into our 2G Pico Cube

Launched a CPO into our 6G Cyl Tank

Also
Ordered 23G CAD Lights ZEN tank from SCAPE group buy... pickup next week at the SCAPE October meeting at A+Tropical Fish in San Gabriel, CA, Sunday 9/15

6G Planted 360 Round and Tall - 2G Pico Cube - 2G Nano Long - 23G Rimless Community Build - 20G Grow Out Tank
octanejunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:19 PM   #4415
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayi View Post
Got some ghost shrimp and gold danios for the 10g. I'm drip acclimating them as we speak. The of the ghost shrimp are pregnant with about 20 eggs each.
Cool
You'll need a brackish setup for those ghost shrimp hatchlings, AFAIK

6G Planted 360 Round and Tall - 2G Pico Cube - 2G Nano Long - 23G Rimless Community Build - 20G Grow Out Tank
Old 09-09-2013, 03:12 AM   #4416

Im tired... i started cleaning the 125g at 1030p i took apart and cleaned a filter changed the pads n it too.. removed all rocks and slate after draining 40% of the water.. fought fish over every move an almost squashed some very nosey ones that kept brushing against me while i was arranging rocks... not a good idea on their part :/ thought they were the catfish ... was hoping a change of scenery would calm the tempers in my tank so far nope.. got several holding females that are first timers and they are liking the new hidey holes ... ..moved a filter down and put the powerhead in the middle... im just exhausted... made another batch of food .. Finally got holes drilled in my dw ... oh sprayed the kitchen down with water before i realized i had the water changer on the wrong setting.. what a night......
Old 09-09-2013, 03:26 AM   #4417
Aquarium Advice Addict

Changed the water on my drift wood. Putting it in tomorrow! #excited
Old 09-09-2013, 04:05 AM   #4418
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Got the rescue Betta delivered to a excited happy recipient!!!

Was going to put the rescue African Dwarf Frog in too, they have been tank mates. No problems, Betta was in a community tank before.

The ADF was injured by a Cherry Barb who I am guessing bit out his eye in the days just before I picked him up. The Cherry barb was biting him when I actually picked him up from the people and bit his head. The injury on his head seems to be healing but I decided to keep him and treat him with an antibiotic just to make sure he is healthy for the adoptor.

Changed the water in his tank so he would be in clean water for the treatment tomorrow.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:03 PM   #4419
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Did 75% water change in 2.5 gal and a full water change on the five 1 gal Betta fish bowls
Old 09-09-2013, 04:14 PM   #4420
Aquarium Advice Freak

50% wc on betta bowl

Fed all tanks but shrimp tank

Watched new CPO show 5 nosey neon tetras what pinchers feel like after they tried to steal his algee wafer... fun!

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com