What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Major rescape today. Planted the two Amazon swords I purchased last week and added two pieces of driftwood. Added the new angels to the 55 and moved the rainbow shark to the ten gallon. Pictures coming tomorrow since my wifi is out.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I picked some remaining dead plants out of my filter head, and gazed wistfully at the gravel substrate which I'll be replacing next week. Not looking forward to it.

I did that job recently. Get a big Rubbermaid, drain half the tank water to it, remove decor, net fish, add to Rubbermaid and go for it. Easy peezy.

Set up a 3g betta tank for my boyfriend. Let's see how this turns out lol. Of course, I'll be doing the maintenance and he'll be doing the feeding and cooing at.

Made a DIY 50% water change plumb thingy to take out half the water in the 45, and going to make an adapter for the other tanks in the house, and planning to split the 10 to rescue a betta from walmart. (A really nice looking crowntail)

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Gave the inside of my DIY light hood its first polyurethane coat. 1 or 2 more coats on the inside and 2-3 coats on the outside and it's ready to be wired up.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Major rescape today. Planted the two Amazon swords I purchased last week and added two pieces of driftwood. Added the new angels to the 55 and moved the rainbow shark to the ten gallon. Pictures coming tomorrow since my wifi is out.

Attachments

• 1435489327013.jpg
    1435489327013.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 70
  • 1435489362864.jpg
    1435489362864.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 70
  • 1435489392244.jpg
    1435489392244.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 81
I performed another pwc. My tank is still cloudy in my 55 gallon after 5 days! Can figure it out, it's not algae. Might be going through a mini cycle, all my levels are normal. Grr!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Have you put stirred the substrate recently? Might just need to let the particles settle

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No, I swished my filter and biomax in old tank water. Did a glass cleaning. Don't know if I created a mini cycle, my biomax kicked up dust, or one of my poly resin decoration is leeching (had it for 2 years ).

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok. So I tested my KH and GH in my 60. I recently lost two cardinals ( had for 8 months) 1 neon (6mo) and two new neons. All the rest of the fish are fine. (Zebras, yoyos, guppies, white clouds, cherry barbs and rummynose).
My KH is a 4.5. Which is great for my plants and tropical community fish. But the GH is a 12!! So if I understand correctly I have non-carbonate hardness? My ph is a7.4 after I did 5 gallons of RO water. ( too expensive near me).
How can I lower my GH so my fish thrive and the plants grow best? I have a 48" T5HO double bulb light and Co2 system. I fert with root tabs and liq ferts.
Any ideas guys?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fed my fish some mosquito larvae and they loved it...finally those dang things.

I gave my SW tank hood interior it's 2nd coat of polyurethane.
I will have a piece of ply on the open part with a full length hinge along the back. Yes I'm going to put lights in it
here it is on the tank

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Add two more hours to my photo period last night, so it's 2 on 2 off 3 on 3 off 4 on

Getting new fish for my new 40B tonight. Still haven't got my full stock list down I'm working on it right now. Suggestions are welcome.

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
10g betta, nano fish, shrimp
5.5g betta

cleaned my glass lids and lighting fixtures on 90G

A decade ago, I had a gorgeous school of Denison barbs and 3 plecos for years until a heatwave and loss of electricity devastated the tank and I closed it down in mourning.

I have a 90g freshwater that I rebooted last year after taking a few yrs fishkeeping hiatus.

I cleaned the tank lids and lighting fixtures and entire top perimeter today.

I have a simple setup atm of 7 black skirt tetras (Gymnocorymbus ternetzi) and an oto. I have tried keeping a school of otos in the past but am never successful. They all end up dying sans for one so I now just buy one every few yrs (when the one I have eventually dies of old age). They do an amazing job of keeping my tanks free from brown algae that seems to always affect my tanks no matter what I do.

I am fairly new to live plants and have a few live Amazon swords and real bogwood that i bought many years ago from ebay from an individual that was selling old wood from the swamps in Louisiana. They would water-pressure clean and keep the pieces submerged and ship them wet. The pieces selected were always water-contoured after a century or so of being in the swamps. I wish they were still in business. I regret not buying more than one ;)

Soon I will add more fish. I was considering a school of Corydoras, but the ones I am searching for seem to be difficult to find (Corydoras nattereri ) so I will keep reading up on the various ones available.

thanks for reading :)

Back
Top Bottom