What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sillyfishies said:
I told my fishies to not die while I'm gone. Or go ahead. Stupid fish

Edit* my mom wont let me donate these stupid ugly zebra danios. Don't want to kill em so I still take care of them. Just hope they randomly die from a reason I couldn't have prevented.

Do you not want fish or just those type? Maybe if you explain that to mom in that type of fashion you can bring them to your LFS for credit and get the ones you want? Just a thought.

That's a pretty horrible attitude to have about your fish. You don't want them to die. I don't mean to come off rude but if your not happy with them and don't wanna take care of them anymore then it's your responsibility to do the right thing here. I'm sure your mom would rather see store credit then a bunch of dead fish.

Just my 2 cents for what's it worth and if it ain't worth that much you can keep the change.

i went to feed my fish today and saw some baby BN plecos!!!! i didnt even know that eggs were laid. but they are free swimming and all over the glass. ive only seen 8 so far, but they are about the length of my pinky finger nail ... SO EXCITED

rreekers said:
i went to feed my fish today and saw some baby BN plecos!!!! i didnt even know that eggs were laid. but they are free swimming and all over the glass. ive only seen 8 so far, but they are about the length of my pinky finger nail ... SO EXCITED

Wow!! Congrats :)

rreekers said:

Awesome. Regular or albino?

Convict2161 said:
Do you not want fish or just those type? Maybe if you explain that to mom in that type of fashion you can bring them to your LFS for credit and get the ones you want? Just a thought.

That's a pretty horrible attitude to have about your fish. You don't want them to die. I don't mean to come off rude but if your not happy with them and don't wanna take care of them anymore then it's your responsibility to do the right thing here. I'm sure your mom would rather see store credit then a bunch of dead fish.

Just my 2 cents for what's it worth and if it ain't worth that much you can keep the change.

I'll take care of them and everything until they die from something I cant control. If I can prevent their death I will.

Sillyfishies said:
I told my fishies to not die while I'm gone. Or go ahead. Stupid fish

Edit* my mom wont let me donate these stupid ugly zebra danios. Don't want to kill em so I still take care of them. Just hope they randomly die from a reason I couldn't have prevented.

Ow thats harsh :/

Is it just your bored with the zebras or are you just tired of maintaining the tank it self , I always loved the zebras since they have lots of energy , I have my zebras almost 10+ years there a very hardy fish that just keep going and going lol
I wouldn't have a tank with out them

54seaweed said:
Is it just your bored with the zebras or are you just tired of maintaining the tank it self , I always loved the zebras since they have lots of energy , I have my zebras almost 10+ years there a very hardy fish that just keep going and going lol
I wouldn't have a tank with out them

I don't like the colors. And they won't be compatible with the fish I'm getting and I told my mom that but she says all fish are stupid they'll be fine. Also it doesn't help that my dad won't let me DIY my gravel vac into a python. That 5 pound bucket ways almost as much as me!

Edit* all mine do is search the bottom for food 24/7. Even when I tried over feeding them.

actually your moms right they may nip a bit on new fish but they will get bored fast
I 'have had a lot of different type fish with them never saw a issue had more problems with guppy's killing all new additions

I did 60-70% water change to all my tanks.

I'm going to put Titus back into the 20g in 1-2 weeks and turn the 46g bowfront into a mixed reef tank. Cycling begins after I get my base rocks this week.

added some more live rock to my 75. Also got a few blue/green chromis to keep the maroon clown company :)

I put some java moss and ferns in my 5 gallon. Gotta find my thread so I can attach it like I want it, and some will be put in the 56 when I get around to attaching it.

Awesome. Regular or albino?

they are albinos :)

i have a regular one that i want to try breed eventually. he is almost white because he has such an incredible number of white dots, wonderful pattern as well

but this morning there was at least 12 baby albino BN plecos on the front glass... i wish i knew how many there were in the tank

Well, I was doing a water change. Forgot to unplug the light. Then knocked light into the water (that has not ever happened before to me). Before I touched it pulled plug out of wall. Believe it or not, I did NOT get electrocuted and neither did the fish. I am just feeling horrible that one of my guys was pinned for a minute until I could get the cord unplugged, and another one has a cut on the top of his head. So so stupid.

But everyone is calmed down now, light works, and I did not get electrocuted shee whiz what a night. -_-

clearancepuppy said:
Well, I was doing a water change. Forgot to unplug the light. Then knocked light into the water (that has not ever happened before to me). Before I touched it pulled plug out of wall. Believe it or not, I did NOT get electrocuted and neither did the fish. I am just feeling horrible that one of my guys was pinned for a minute until I could get the cord unplugged, and another one has a cut on the top of his head. So so stupid.

But everyone is calmed down now, light works, and I did not get electrocuted shee whiz what a night. -_-

When I was really young, I dropped my light in. Guess what my dumb butt did?

Yeah, I sure as heck stuck my stupid hands in the water...

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

good to hear your OK(y)

clearancepuppy said:

Just did that. Broke my hood on it. Of course I stuck my hand in when the light was on because I was panicking. Didn't even get electrocuted!

Yay for not getting electrocuted! One of my shubunkin *however you spell that* took a pretty good cut on top of his head (this has not curbed his appetite whatsoever lol) but otherwise they are all fine.

I have clear glass covers that demonstrated that they are not as breakable as I thought they might be ha...

Getting so nervous about the new tank. I think they are more than ready for the space.

Did a 12 gal pwc on my 55 gal community tank. Took the emperor 400 apart and cleaned it good (in fishtank water). I need some floss or something to put in the baskets. They seem so... Useless... right now.

Apparently my ghost shrimp are multiplying. I had 4... Now I have 8...

Back
Top Bottom