Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-17-2013, 01:12 AM   #4521
Ayi
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfuzzymonster777 View Post

Ha! I know how you feel.

Just to keep this thread on topic, I mourned the loss of my betta fish.
Do you know what caused the death?

Old 09-17-2013, 01:48 AM   #4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare View Post
I started with a store bought 50g the 1st of the year with stand/canopy/filter. A good fishing bud of mines was asking question about aquarium & had one when he was younger. He is tight on the funds since he is now a father & was looking at c.list for a good setup. Since I got the 130g & a 29g, I washed up the 50g that was put away & surprised him with everything he needed & asked for nothing. He is doing a plant & community school & told him I am not the plant guy for his project. lol! Pay it Forward!
Thats very sweet... im doing almost the.same for my sister she got a 10g given to her im taking some of my sand for her and getting plants for all our tanks plan to give her some too.. plus seeding media now for it ..

Old 09-17-2013, 01:54 AM   #4523
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Sounds like things have been full of activity around here!

Today I picked up 2 packages of Pogostemon Helferi. The store by where I work had them. Haven't seen them for weeks!

Was so excited to see them again. My fish ate all my other ones! So I will be trying the Downoi in with the shrimp and the LED lights instead. I am hoping not to be loosing money on this again! lol

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:38 AM   #4524
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilliant_Barbs_21 View Post
I worked on my aquascape in my freshwater tank. I'm making a dwarf hairgrass carpet. Below is a picture from two days ago, and then a picture of it today.
Wow. That is fabulous looking. What fishies are you going to put in their? (They will love i!)
Old 09-17-2013, 10:41 AM   #4525
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen31972 View Post
.....I also bought a small female blue/ 3 spot gourami to go with my adult female gourami. Hoping they get along but have a tank to rehome the little one if necessary.
The adult has been chasing and nipping at the little one since yesterday so I rehomed her to the 14 gallon for now. She only an inch big so that will do for awhile. It's a planted tank without many plants so I'll go pick some up at Petco. They are on sale.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:43 AM   #4526
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare View Post
I started with a store bought 50g the 1st of the year with stand/canopy/filter. A good fishing bud of mines was asking question about aquarium & had one when he was younger. He is tight on the funds since he is now a father & was looking at c.list for a good setup. Since I got the 130g & a 29g, I washed up the 50g that was put away & surprised him with everything he needed & asked for nothing. He is doing a plant & community school & told him I am not the plant guy for his project. lol! Pay it Forward!
What a good/evil friend you are, lol! Sucking your friend so completely into the hobby!! Actually that's awesome.
Old 09-17-2013, 01:44 PM   #4527
Aquarium Advice Freak

[QUOTE="Ayi;2655744"]

Do you know what caused the

A 100 % water change...
Old 09-17-2013, 04:06 PM   #4528
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen31972 View Post

Wow. That is fabulous looking. What fishies are you going to put in their? (They will love i!)
Yes I'm getting a school of neon tetras and a pair of guppies, plus the angelfish (will be rehomed at later age), and platy is in their right now. Then I'm also going to get some RCS. And thanks!
Old 09-17-2013, 06:55 PM   #4529
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

Water changes for the planted and shrimp tanks (made me late for work).

Last week I bought a bag of Sunrise River Rock from Lowes. Rinsed them (soaked in hot water and did the vinegar test) and selected some stones for the two aquariums. Tonight I will figure out which stones to put in each tank.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:12 PM   #4530
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Did nothing with my tanks today, but I discovered i have at least 7 more platy fry that came today. At least I had already moved the mom into her own tank.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com