What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
time to finish cleaning 40b get it ready for my saltwater predators maybe by tonight I can get the transfer done

Messed with some DIY Co2 diffusers, screwed up and now nothing is coming out.......gave up and ordered some cheap ones off Ebay :ROFLMAO:

finished cleaning the tank just added the sand now it's time to fill , after it's 1/2 full I will build the scape using the rock from the existing tank , than finish filling and transfer fish over ,

I chased a ropefish across my living room floor after the substrate change in my 75g. Very eventful experience...

Caleb

I chased a ropefish across my living room floor after the substrate change in my 75g. Very eventful experience...

Caleb

Lol! Bet he was a slippery beast!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Caleb

what and no one got that on video lmao :lol:

well I got the tank filled was going to add the rock figured I'll wait till tomorrow so water clears up (y)

Did a 30 gallon water change on the 120 reef. Adding purigen tomorrow because I'm leaving on the 3rd to go visit family in Cali. Should be good for 2 weeks.

Once I return the 400 gallon reef will be delivered (Aug 20th).
College starts Aug 21. But it will just be syllabus stuff.
Aug 22-23 get the new tank setup and running.
It'll be a busy month :)

woke up this morn tank was still on cloudy side added 2 polishing pads so I must wait again ,
one of my power heads is driving me crazy it insists on running in reverse

Bought a new Short tentacle and a yuma for the 120 reef. :)

Attachments

• IMG_6402.jpg
    IMG_6402.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 83
Today I did the scape in my 40b predator tank , time to start transferring the fish
img_3258110_0_e71bec12dfcad477818b08c04fe88385.jpg

Added water and fed, last night moved some fish around. Took out the crazy female Silver Striped Angelfish which has been causing upheaval in the tank. Going to her new home tomorrow. It seemed to have killed a Flame Gourami.

Added the Opaline Gourami and it is beautiful and peaceful in the tank, 72G also added in the big Angelfish both from DD's closed down tank.

The tank seems to be more calm already. I need to do a big PWC, maybe tomorrow, maybe Monday on the 72G. The Cardinals and Green Neons are all moving around now above the little Crypt garden and swimming once again mid tank.

Did a PWC on the 55 and 50% on the ten gallon. Added another 6 inches of water to the pond. I'm on a well so I can't just pump a thousand gallons in one sitting. (All yesterday)

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

woke up this morn tank was still on cloudy side added 2 polishing pads so I must wait again ,
one of my power heads is driving me crazy it insists on running in reverse

How does that work? Are they reversible with a switch or made wrong or something?

First car, first service - a friend doing it got the gear indicator back to front and said he almost put it through the wall. Same guy put the seat belts in for me....

Friday night cleaned out a canister filter. Really had let this one go too long. About an hour but includes mucking around.

Saturday must of spent three hours on tank. About an hour and a half on pwc / internal filter clean, then another hour and a half trimming plants, replanting and planting some more I bought at lfs to try.

This time I trimmed plants to about an inch above gravel :) Replanted tips so not worried if trimmed plants don't make it. So hopefully next weekend should be just a water change.

I think the new plants are ammannia of some type. Looks like a slightly reddish, woody stem with green leaves but was unlabelled. Hoping it is BBA resistant.

http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/plantfinder/details.php?id=337

Discovered that the Green Cories in our 29T planted tank have suddenly gotten frisky and are spawning/laying eggs all over - my causal Sunday is now on hold while I learn/prep a nursery tank for all the potential tiny catfish fry!

Tipped off the 10 gallon, and added a 80gph water pump to give the dojo some flow to swim in

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Discovered that the Green Cories in our 29T planted tank have suddenly gotten frisky and are spawning/laying eggs all over - my causal Sunday is now on hold while I learn/prep a nursery tank for all the potential tiny catfish fry!

What a fun problem to have.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My long ill Angel passed day before. Sad but a good thing, it was time.

Crazy angel went to her new home, yipee, and will have a new angel friend if they get along and if they don't the guy has a different tank she could be in. Very happy that she found a good place to go. :dance:

Traded out some different fish foods with a hobbyist, and lots & lots of plants he gave me, gave him some additional plants he didn't have and about 20 tiny little dot Mystery snails and a handful of red Ramshorns and a few MTS and a petrified wood stone.

Plunked the plants into the tank quick before work.

Got Staghorn, Flame and Christmas moss for a upcoming project.

The nearly 3 year old White Crayfish seems unwell. Didn't eat the food from the day before and I didn't notice and fed again, then realized it wasn't coming up to eat as it normally does. It was just looking bad. It had been losing color recently. So pretty sad about that - "Ducky" is a favorite. Did a 50% pwc and added a heater, though it is warm enough to not really need it.

Added SW to the 5G and 35G.

Back
Top Bottom