What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I added breeder balls and leaf litter to my shrimp tanks. And did a huge trim on my 5.5 tangerine tiger and blue pearl tank. The plants were out of control.

I added some green pygmy buce to my 20long and added buce bucephalandra sekadau velvet to my 55

And finally so far for today I took out old purigen to re-charge and put new purigen into the 55

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well I already have a new pair from the addition of the golden Red Cap Angel, apparently a male as the red cap koi female who's mate passed has paired up in Pair #1's egg laying spot. Now that the evil queen is gone, Silver striped female previous ruler of the tank, I kinda thought the male Koi and the other female would have paired up. But no, a new pair. They would likely have stunning babies. I am wary of the Pairs chasing everything in the tank away from their corner.

It seems the White cray has passed away. He was almost 3 years I think, but unknown for sure, and I understand their lifespan as 3-5 years. Sad. His name was Ducky - RIP. He was one of my daughters favorites. And one of the two fish/aquatic creatures to cause her to want a fish tank.
60074-albums11380-picture66039.jpg

sorry to hear that , he was defiantly cool looking I can see why it was her favorite , I have a lobster in my saltwater tank that kind of looks like him but mines purple , could always get another , or find something even cooler

sorry to hear that , he was defiantly cool looking I can see why it was her favorite , I have a lobster in my saltwater tank that kind of looks like him but mines purple , could always get another , or find something even cooler

Thank you. She is the one who just moved and closed down the tank because of her schedule. So he came back to me. No more for right now.

Still trying to decide between my 46G being FW or SW....:banghead:

FW would put the Angel pair in a tank of their own...

Just realized our Friday Aquarium Society meeting is about Killifish and we will have some for our auction and that is a great time to bring some home at a great price!!! Can't decide and so I am wondering if, or which ones. More fun planning. Probably not getting any, but maybe!!!

The 3 mystery snails in my 16g died, I have no idea why. The fish and other snails in the tank are fine. Decided I'm going to add kuhlis to that tank. They're my favorite fish and I currently have them in my 10g Endlers tank which is in a different room.

Moved the blue dream and tiger shrimp to the Spec 5; broke down their original tank and did a good cleaning since that will be the new home for my red rili. Their current is over run with scuds which I'm pretty sure are eating shrimplets.

Still trying to figure out what I want to add in with the furcatus and peacock gudgeons. Back and forth on ideas, lots of reading. Currently leaning towards green neon tetras. Any suggestions on something that would work with those 2 types of fish both in looks and temperament would be very much appreciated :flowers:

Either later today or tomorrow I'm going to start doing something with this jungle :hide:

img_3259646_0_6ce2eaa2e8d2de40f90dee80c6e12ac4.jpg

Last edited:
The 3 mystery snails in my 16g died, I have no idea why. The fish and other snails in the tank are fine. Decided I'm going to add kuhlis to that tank. They're my favorite fish and I currently have them in my 10g Endlers tank which is in a different room.

Moved the blue dream and tiger shrimp to the Spec 5; broke down their original tank and did a good cleaning since that will be the new home for my red rili. Their current is over run with scuds which I'm pretty sure are eating shrimplets.

Still trying to figure out what I want to add in with the furcatus and peacock gudgeons. Back and forth on ideas, lots of reading. Currently leaning towards green neon tetras. Any suggestions on something that would work with those 2 types of fish both in looks and temperament would be very much appreciated :flowers:

I haven't had Furcatus, but I have had the Chilis and Green Neons with the Peacock Gudgeons, both worked fine, but the Neons got bigger than I wanted in there. What about CPD's? That would be a color packed tank.

The Green Neons enjoy swimming horizontally quite a bit. Mine were in a 6.6G Edge (with the Peacock Gudgeons) but they are now with the Cardinals in the 72G and do really swim all over the tank.

~~~~~~~
The new Angel pair calling them #3 who had eggs, are still guarding them and Koi angel male is sulking in the corner at not having his mate or his corner of the tank anymore. Maybe will try to find another male fish and send the female to a new home.

I just wish they weren't so Cichlid behaving- sort of :rolleyes: I just don't have the patience right now for the behavior of charging and pecking all the other fish in the tank. And injuring others. I know she is doing her job like a true mom but the other fish in the tank aren't enjoying the tank and neither am I. :facepalm:

Gave a tour for the second time in 3 days of my little projects and the tanks and had a fun time doing it.

Deciding to probably change my idea for the 11.7G Mr Aqua tank I am getting Friday and think I will make it a sparse spider DW with moss and plant trees, and Move the CPD's and see if that makes them swim in the middle of the tank. Need to plant a bunch of plants in the morning and place fert caps under a whole bunch of them and more.

The deal for the extra trio of Boesemani Rainbow fish didn't pan out so I really need to get a new batch in the tank. Only one male and female (Boesemani) and he chases her too much too. So I will be checking with the members at the aquarium society for a few of more.

Now that the queen Angel is gone, the Rainbow female's side is healing up. Yay.

Also need a few more Emperor Tetras I only have 3 and haven't seen any more near me.

Nothing yet. But I will be breaking out the scissors in a moment to clean up this mess. I will replant a few of the trimmings. Rest of them up for grabs. PM me if interested. Just so you know, I have MTS, pond snails, FW limpets, and the occasional Rams horn.
2CCSVi4.png

Edit: Plants include Eichornia diversifolia, Pogostemon erectus, Pogostemon quadrifolius, blyxa japonica, Rotala species 'Colorata', and Rotala macrandra.

Last edited:
Removed these from the tank today. Repost from #1771 in FresH2O's 20g planted rescape
Blyxa
TBqwKc2.png
Pogostemon erectus and Pogostemon quadrifolius
uYWiQMl.png
Rotala macrandra and Rotala species 'Colorata'
s6Xa3wA.png
Eichornia diversifolia, Ludwigia species 'Red', and Bacopa caroliniana
JLbaJBH.png

I haven't had Furcatus, but I have had the Chilis and Green Neons with the Peacock Gudgeons, both worked fine, but the Neons got bigger than I wanted in there. What about CPD's? That would be a color packed tank.

The Green Neons enjoy swimming horizontally quite a bit. Mine were in a 6.6G Edge (with the Peacock Gudgeons) but they are now with the Cardinals in the 72G and do really swim all over the tank.

Thanks for the info! I'm still looking at options but keeping going back to the green neons. Over 10 years in the hobby and I don't think I've ever kept any sort of tetra!

well today was a sad day tore down my 37g bow front again , converting the bottom of my 90g stand into storage , looking at some cabinet doors I found on craigs list ,as I'm sick of looking at buckets hoses and a bunch of odds and end parts all over the place, found a submersible pump but need to find the propeller and cover

well today was a sad day tore down my 37g bow front again , converting the bottom of my 90g stand into storage , looking at some cabinet doors I found on craigs list ,as I'm sick of looking at buckets hoses and a bunch of odds and end parts all over the place, found a submersible pump but need to find the propeller and cover

Sorry about the bowfront.
I reused some base cabinet doors and upgraded an open front cheap tank stand.
vkwVKxH.jpg

that is exactly what I'm looking to do , my only problem is the odd size doors I need ,
17 1/2 x 32 the biggest I found so far were 15x30 but I don't want to have to down size the opening , The main reason I built it how I did was to fit 5g pails inside , I also am changing out the way all the electrical is run , I have gfi outlets in the walls but with all the power stripes they prove to be useless , I'm looking at building a box that will house 14 gfi outlets and run it to the breaker box so it can have it's own circut , also looking to put all those ugly wires into a plastic wire harness cover to clean up all the ugliness , No more getting yelled at for all the buckets and boxes of fish tank supplies that litter the living room , and now I also can put up the wet/dry vac since I no longer need it to siphon out lower tank ,
img_3260959_0_81a5edebf1ca6d0848c150aa1acfa9ff.jpg

that is exactly what I'm looking to do , my only problem is the odd size doors I need, 17 1/2 x 32 the biggest I found so far were 15x30 but I don't want to have to down size the opening ,...
img_3261009_0_81a5edebf1ca6d0848c150aa1acfa9ff.jpg

Would it be possible to mount a spring tension curtain rod at the top of the opening and hang curtains? Or some type of material that allows easy access to the items in the cabinet.

curtains wouldn't be a bad idea but my wife's cats would have them shredded in a week,
I may cut out 2 doors out of plywood and cover them with the same flooring I wrapped the stand with , that's if I can't find doors

Thats a fantastic idea autumn. I just walked in from the barn and it never occured to me ti do that. Brilliance i say..... Pure brilliance.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

that is exactly what I'm looking to do , my only problem is the odd size doors I need ,
17 1/2 x 32 the biggest I found so far were 15x30 but I don't want to have to down size the opening , The main reason I built it how I did was to fit 5g pails inside , I also am changing out the way all the electrical is run , I have gfi outlets in the walls but with all the power stripes they prove to be useless , I'm looking at building a box that will house 14 gfi outlets and run it to the breaker box so it can have it's own circut , also looking to put all those ugly wires into a plastic wire harness cover to clean up all the ugliness , No more getting yelled at for all the buckets and boxes of fish tank supplies that litter the living room , and now I also can put up the wet/dry vac since I no longer need it to siphon out lower tank ,
img_3261110_0_81a5edebf1ca6d0848c150aa1acfa9ff.jpg

You could make the doors with some plywood and window trim to make it look fancy

Oooh ooooh..... Or an old window... Im diggin these ideas.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well my girlfriend almost burned down the house. She turned on my metal halides but not my fan and left. Luckily I had to go home on my lunch break because when I walked in I got a little whiff of burning plastic. Any later and it would have probably been up in flames. So now I'm taking it apart to see what the damage is. If anyone has a significant other who's not in the hobby I suggest telling them not to touch the equipment because it will probably do more damage then good. Like in my case I'm probably going to have to get a new fixture

Back
Top Bottom