What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, latest in the mess I am dealing with...

Wow! Another day and this may have turned out even worse. System crash?
Rather uneventful aquarium evening for me. Plucked water lettuce from the surface and replanted a few new downoi stems that were uprooted.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Not completely sure but I think it was the near capacity stocking combined with new ammonia producing food, melting plants and then stirring up all the mulm in the substrate kind of crash. Perfect storm. Didn't have anyone to help me with the emergency and was working so rushed didn't think to save a water sample to check on PH, but there were 2 cuttlebones one nearly worn out and one new one from a few weeks ago. So doubt it was pH.

All my water changes have been stressful for the fish, I think the water company changed over to the other water supply. Maybe chemicals from flushing the system or just different water. One more reason to get my RO hooked up I guess.

All fish in the bucket from the 12G have fared well no deaths. All lively and ok.

Just rescaped a quick new layout for the 12G, no planning really just grabbed some of what I had. The only thing was to make a lot less places for the CPD to hide. Try to not bring any MTS back in.

Tank was clear this morning, but then I stirred it all back up again moving around the substrate. Changes a few gallons of water out acclimated the 2 waters and threw them in. Nobody upside down yet!

This is stressing me out! I counted 13 CPD's so I didn't lose others, I didn't know about.

So 6 Habrosus,
3 Glass Cats, still looking for some more I can afford, and I don't have space atm for QT. I really really like these guys and would like a large number in my 72G if I get around to changing up my Angel pair to another tank.
1 fat female Oto
13 CPD

The Glass Cats will be moving out when I can they weren't planned for the tank, but came from my DD's tank when she closed it down.

So after some considering changing my stocking in the tanks I just left it because the Glass Cats need 10 or larger and the other Option is the 72G but has the mean Paired Angel male. I don't want any more trouble.

As for the young Angel in that tank it is keeping a low profile and is small still and can fit and hide in space big hand sized poppa can't. So for another week or 2 till I switch things around, everything stays like it is.

Thinking of ordering from either msjinxd or Wetspot, if the local guy doesn't have what I am looking for next month or the month after. Our CAS auction is in October so maybe some stuff then.

Also trying to train the Betta to deal with the Edge tank and it really isn't working yet - Minimal air space in top. I heard of one person using a feeding ring, maybe will try that next.

Never a dull moment with fish!

Thanks for listening :)

Last edited:
found this bristle worm in my rock, 45 gallon pwc on the 75, rescaped the 75, got my bad RW-8 powerhead for a brand new one, and traded in some plants for lfs store credit.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I no longer need to worry about those worms this guy take care of them now,
it's like spaghetti how he eats them ,
img_3273501_0_e87fed592a95517427332ca94a024c2e.jpg

I no longer need to worry about those worms this guy take care of them now,
it's like spaghetti how he eats them ,
img_3273515_0_e87fed592a95517427332ca94a024c2e.jpg

Going to get 4 flasher wrasse to take care of them in the future, 1 male 3 females

The 12G is clearing up nicely. All fish seem alive. Yipee!

My bucket of the 12G previous Eco substrate is in the yard and there are 49 MTS at the waters edge with the plants and mosses, rocks and DW. Anyone need any MTS? There are more in the substrate.

The battery in my strip light remote went out day before yesterday, so I need to dig one of those out of some where. I had an extra one come with my last purchase but not sure what I did with it. Long work day today - so not too much tank stuff.

4G pwc on the 15G Column tank.

Added the last gallon to the 12G had left it out to aerate and help get the water moving better to clear. Watched the fish eat dinner in the 12G.

Added a couple gallons of water to the SW tank from evaporation. Added a tote bag next to the SW 35G. Have noticed a bit of algae on the side and decided tonight it was coming from the 5G tank. Will have the light on during the night as the 2 tanks 5G macroalgae Camel Shrimp tank and the 15G are sharing a light atm. So the light is on that one spot nearly all the time. Had a straw placemat (getting very sophisticated there) to block the light seepage but it sagged down over time allowing a bunch more light to get in.

Added a gallon of water to the 72G for evaporation.

Used some fish water from the Betta bowl 1/3rd pwc to the planted bowl and watered the 2 house plants.

Added a bubbler to the 3G AquaFarm which has a bunch of snails and plants only right now and a few bits of food to feed the snails. And a quart of water to top it off.

Noticed some BBA on some DW near the top and some hair algae in the 72G, since I have moved a big bunch of plants out of the top floating, the light is getting in more. Also noticing my Java Fern doesn't like the extra light either!

I need to step up frequency of pwc on that tank this week and next to get the water cycled through. I am scared to do large water changes because the KH issues. I need to measure the KH and see how it is doing with the limited additions of Calcium, Epsom salt and a tiny amount of baking soda, only added about 1 x per month lately.

Did a slight rescape on my 55 gallon. Started to see some algae growth from new light so did a 30g PWC and since was low enough moved some plants and Driftwood around.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1441099649.091397.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Just had a long weekend away to move the middle daughter back into her dorm; after 20+ hours of driving I was exhausted and only did a quick check on the tanks last night. Very glad I put a timer on the 16g light. Last time I didn't and the plants really suffered. The day-before-leaving impulse purchase female betta seems to have settled in nicely. Apparently she's ok with shrimp so I can start thinking about what type I'd like to have permanently in the tank. Fed the livebearer tanks and went to bed. Will update my tank thread later today hopefully :hide:

Found what I believe is a 20T sitting by the curb. Had to go to work so I wasn't able to get demensions on it. Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet but I have it :)

Thanks, probably going to move my breeding assassins into it, and use their 10 gallon as a pond snail culture tank. I might even set it up as a behind the scenes DT though too

The possibilities are endless..... Every tank i put assasins into inadvertantly becomes an assasin breeding tank. Lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Pulled half a dozen day(s) old assassin snail babies from the parent tank, have a dozen or so babies in a Tupperware container floating in the parent tank for now. Not sure where I'm going to put them so they won't get eaten and have a heater now :(

Last night cleaned out the 11.7G rimless Mr. Aqua tank. It needs to go through a serious cleaning. Just to make sure it will be ready for fish again.

Did a spot light on the SW 35G because the battery apparently died on the remote for the light.

Moving a few things around in the next couple days. Fish and plants.

power went out sometime overnight
lost siphon on my overflow had to correct it this morn and reset pump in the sump

Might be off topic - but I fed my fish frozen mysis last night and forgot to put the food back in the freezer. Can I refreeze it or should it be tossed?

Less exciting(if that's possible), I did a 50% water change on my 92 gal Oscar tank and rearranged the driftwood. Also picked green hair algae out of my sw tank.

Back
Top Bottom