What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think ghost shrimp are awesome, but unfortunately so does my eel. o_O.

Going to work on getting the rest of the old seal out of the 150 and get this party started :D

Gutted the deco in my tank. Finally captured the bully yellow lab and moved him to a little 10g tank for now. Scrubbed all my decor and rescaped the tank.

Did 60% water change for Barney and Titus.

Waiting for my 50lbs of base rocks from reefrocks.net and 50lbs of salt mix from drsfostersmith.com.

Its the low 90s around the Seattle area. Too hot so I'm not going to do the final cleaning of my 46g before the base rocks arrive.

I had to remove a dead angelfish today :(

No disease or bad water parameters. He had been fighting with another angel lately. Guess he finally lost :(:(:(

Woke up yesterday to a missing 1 yr common gold (my biggest) moved whisper submersible filter and was stuck between it and tank with fins shredded gone. Today not any bettered completely laying on tank bottom can't swim.looks like itfs pretty much gone die.should I speed up that process as it doesn't have much time or just let it be.poor thing any opinions?

Did a 25% water change on the oscar and albino acf's tank and added a firemouth cichlid

50% water change yesterday. Having high readings on tests so plan to do another pwc today. Ready to put new silicone in the 150. Probably going to leave the 29 FW in kitchen and put the 150 FW in a different room which has a concrete base and won't need to be reinforced below. Also if the tank (bought used) were to break, or leak, it would not ruin our brand new carpet. Fish are really getting antsy and are going to love having so much more room finally.

Got home yesterday from a weeklong vacation. No losses! I fed them and went to bed. Then today i said i was going to do some water changes but instead spent all day cleaning out my newest tank. How does it look? ( came with the black gravel)

image-3899932276.jpg

We are water tight testing it on the poorch.

Bubbles0oO said:
Got home yesterday from a weeklong vacation. No losses! I fed them and went to bed. Then today i said i was going to do some water changes but instead spent all day cleaning out my newest tank. How does it look? ( came with the black gravel)

We are water tight testing it on the poorch.

Not bad. What size?

Tetra1990 said:
Not bad. What size?

Its a 10 but i held it up to my other 10 and its a tad tall. But i did get a box of goodies with it. Sp i wont have to buy the lighting and filtration or heater ;)

Deb- I meant to tell you, I am sorry you lost one of your angels.

Today I got the kids a new toy...a power head. Man were they scared of it at first, then they took turns playing in the bubbles...they are hilarious.

Did not get the water change done, will do it tomorrow. They've had enough excitement for one day ... :lol:

Love that black gravel!

lol my angels didn't like my power head. It was a top fin and it was noisy. They sometimes play in the bubble airstone tho lol

I'm still bummed about bobo. But bubba has been around a long time tho so I guess he's boss

Emptying my 100L :( hopefully buying a new stand next week :D
Selling my tiger barbs form the 100L and buying some filter media for my bigger tank

Sadly, I lost one of my pygmy corys today. He'd been swimming erratically for the last day and a half, although I could not see any obvious symptoms. Not sure what happened to him. It's always hard losing something. :(

LyndaB said:
Sadly, I lost one of my pygmy corys today. He'd been swimming erratically for the last day and a half, although I could not see any obvious symptoms. Not sure what happened to him. It's always hard losing something. :(

I lost one of my pandas. No signs of illness, perfect water quality, so I couldn't work out what happened to it :(

Put my new penguin 350 filter into my 20g, and added a sponge filter to my 46g bow front community tank to seed it that way I can start up my birthing/fry tank! Excited :)

My sympathies to you both and it is hard to lose any little guy or girl you have invested yourself emotionally.

Did the silicone on the 150 today. Going to do API tests later. They are playing in the bubbles like kids in a lawn sprinkler... Lol

*in which you have...*. Not completely sure of the grammar there but you know what I mean :)

Oddly enough I have been losing damsels in my 75 lately. Parameters are fine but the diatoms were out of control. Thankfully my maroon clown is fine. I've since added some turbos and more blue-legged hermits and an emerald crab and it seems to be settling now. No more losses since. Would adding more live rock help or harm because I did that as well.

Back
Top Bottom