What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pulled out maybe 120+ MTS from the tanks and a bucket of recently removed substrate. Mailed them off.

Stirred up a mess in my 6.6G original Edge tank - changed the prefilter sponge and did a 2G then a 1.5G pwc.

Did a 2G pwc in the 15G.

Can't wait for them!

Didn't do much today, really just watching. GBR is slowly recovering but always he's on the right track! Puffers are up to no good as usual. Saw an Amano molt in the 5.5 today, the shrimp are getting REALLY big!

The 16 is doing fine, plants are great, Eisenhower the BN telco is great, Steven the GBR is getting better and the shrimp re good too! Everyone happy and eating. I just love those perfect tank days!

Bought a new scarlet skunk cleaner shrimp, 5 zebra hermits, and 5 blue legged hermits today.
Yesterday I did a 25gal pwc on my 75, gravel vac with the magnum 350, and cleaned the sump pad.
2 days ago I did an overdue wc on my 29.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Just bought 4 bamboo shrimp, and a 6"+ clown loach to add to my group. Trimmed a couple tanks and am lookin for a Co2 regulator so i can put my big boy Co2 pants on.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

How do you ship your MTS?

Spread out and rolled up in wet paper towel - drain off excess water if any, put in bag, add O2 (have a O2 concentrator) and close. Ship in padded mailer. We will see how they arrive. That is the same way I ship Mystery Snail babies and RH too.

Originally I used breather bags with a little water and O2. Someone shipped MS to me in the towel and they were fine. So started doing the same.

This was just too many I was too worried about snail poo. Didn't have big breather bags. Also breather bag doesn't work as well, I am guessing, in a sealed plastic padded flat rate usps mailer.

Oops forgot to turn on most of the tank lights today - all but the SW actually. Got them on now for a few hours.

Did a 65% water change and removed my 10 inch pleco.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1441865362125.jpg
    1441865362125.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 57
The pleco was traded for a pair of blood parrots for my wife's tank.

Yeah lfs took it for two parrots and a bottle of start right lol

Yeah lfs took it for two parrots and a bottle of start right lol

Sounds like a good trade!

Yesterday I found Siamese Algae eaters at the local box store and got 4 (paid for 3 /$2. ea because one did a huge nose dive out of the tank and because the associate trying to catch them was having a difficult time and lost one of my fish I wanted to buy...got 2 Cobra Endlers /$1. ea to eat some mosquito larva in my plant bucket - there were 3 of them but one disappeared, she couldn't find it in the tank so I ended up with just the 2. Got a box of API Crystal Bio-Zorb filter pads /6pk for $6.50 - half price.

Got them home and set up my rimless 11.7G with a acrylic lid. Those crazy SAE are so skittish. They are barely able to settle down they're back and forth like lightning. I hope they survive the QT. Without jumping out. I gave them some algae from my algae bucket.

Today they have some color back. I am sure they will be much happier when they get to go to the 72G. ;) I only need 2 but didn't want one to die off and need to go through a QT period again for one more. Would like them to be pals like my last pair. So now I have 4!!!

Filled some water from evap and fed all the fish.

Moved my 20L into my bedroom from the basement. Was my fw QT but it's now going to be a low-tech community. Planning on moving the black skirt tetras from my 29, getting some cory cats for the first time, and maybe having a shrimp colony.

Later my plan is a 50% pwc, rescape, and trim on my 29 gal

Yesterday I did a 30% pwc on my 75 and removed some of the hair algae

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick ppc on Betta tank, and the Betta Guppy pair, Cory babies 6.6G Edge tank. I still have 4 active SAE for now, one active Guppy and one which seems to be hiding in the background more...

Possibly taking the Aquafarm tank outside for awhile to the patio. The plants aren't getting enough light inside (someone borrowed my plant bulb desk light - to the unknowng it is a desk lamp, to me it is a spare tank light ;) ) Have to check the temps for Assassin snails as well, there is one in there and I don't want to kill him off...he is my friend, lol. Night temps are in the mid 50'sF.

No fish in the AquaFarm just snails and plants right now. On the other hand the Betta is in a 2G and the AF is a 3G I just hate that I can't see through the sides or that light can't get through the sides either, but maybe put him into the AF and hunt down my extra light.

Watchng the SAE, they are scouring the DW and filter pad around the internal filter (there from when it was staying cycled in the shrimp tank) for green snacks, mossy algae tid bits and noming on the hair algae clumps I saved. I think I will add some more plants to their QT and give them a little wafer to snack on.

Wishing I was staying home all day to watch the fish...

Got up this morning, turned on the lights, fed the critters, went to work. Came home late, turned off the lights - miss the fish! ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Fed the fish frozen blood worms. Gold tetras liked it but were tentative. The ember tetras and CPDs said meh. Had the same results with frozen daphnia. Both Hikari brand I believe.
Now I have two frozen packs (40 portions each) minus the two portions I used. Yeah.
I have some mosquito fish outside. Perhaps I can give them treats and fatten them up before winter comes.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Wishing I was staying home all day to watch the fish...

That's understandable! Just want to belatedly thank you for the info on shipping MTS (y)

Fed the fish frozen blood worms. Gold tetras liked it but were tentative. The ember tetras and CPDs said meh. Had the same results with frozen daphnia. Both Hikari brand I believe.
Now I have two frozen packs (40 portions each) minus the two portions I used. Yeah.
I have some mosquito fish outside. Perhaps I can give them treats and fatten them up before winter comes.

Interesting, all of my fish go absolutely nuts for the frozen blood worms!

Topped off the water in the 16g...still considerable evaporation even though the weather has gotten a bit cooler. Pulled the crumbly Manzanita out of the Spec and replaced with a soaked piece of cholla. Turkish hazels arrived today so those are soaking. Updated my tank thread.

About to get started on cleaning the skimmers on my tank

Sent from my ZTE Blade Q Lux using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Discovered about thirty fry while changing the filter AND I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH THEM! help xD (I posted about this too)

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

Back
Top Bottom