What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
got some goodies yesterday my camera dont focus very well but this is what I got . a trigger , bunch of zoa's ,flower pot, star polyps haven't open yet , and a mushroom rock
img_3284069_0_df6e99046e30f7afbc2d7c86de799925.jpg

img_3284069_1_a29a5a95c5fdccbb1d1391a66da6067d.jpg

img_3284069_2_aaa4a1a00e62f68ff267dd4245fe0fd6.jpg

img_3284069_3_1287611d2ae7449ecbaa267d7fa5c4c2.jpg

img_3284069_4_d350dcacd4df5bfc566378930cab4c88.jpg

img_3284069_5_618824e66c03d7fd30dfa6f323a310c3.jpg

img_3284069_6_bd0d14a5213052ca2cf7470414e1bec4.jpg

img_3284069_7_6980a967ffb6eb01f03c8628a1d4bf09.jpg

What a pretty Triggerfish Seaweed!

Too many tanks to take care of with this crazy schedule I have!

Going to find a local home for my SW Sustainable Aquatics Saddleback Clowns and breakdown the 35G. Will keep the Shrimp nano for now.

Someone needs a tank the same size and I would be happy to give them the opportunity to give their young Red Tail Shark a better home ( though they still will need to upgrade tank size in a year) There goes one tank, and the Aqua Farm is getting consolidated only has snails now.

Will do that tonight. - Bye AquaFarm. One will be down and one unconfirmed.

Think that my Guppy pair have some internal parasite. They seem sluggish and saw white poo today. Have medicated food coming for them.

Planning on moving tanks/inhabitants to reduce my tank work load. When I am not over occupied. So determined to continue the progress.

The 2 Cobra Endler Guppies are no longer, so didn't pass QT. SAE still in QT - one more week at least. Seem to be doing fine. They hide alot so kinda hard to tell.

Add water to the tanks for evap.

Need to pick up SW and RO/DI for the sw tank. Probably Thursday though.

Lost my yellow tang in QT. I just don't understand why I can't keep larger fish alive. Tried a different lfs but the result is the same.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Lost my yellow tang in QT. I just don't understand why I can't keep larger fish alive. Tried a different lfs but the result is the same.

Sorry to hear this. Have you had problems with them before?

Sorry to hear this. Have you had problems with them before?

Yes, the last one I got died in 2 days. This one isn't completely lost but he is steps from the pearly gates. Light is off to reduce stress, but I think its to late.
Only thing I can come up with is the food I fed both is contaminated.
Both were swimming around happily and within hours were gone.

Yes, the last one I got died in 2 days. This one isn't completely lost but he is steps from the pearly gates. Light is off to reduce stress, but I think its to late.
Only thing I can come up with is the food I fed both is contaminated.
Both were swimming around happily and within hours were gone.

Well, maybe he can pull through. Hope he does What food is it that you're feeding? Is it your water maybe? I'll look at your thread, I don't want to hijack this one.

Why did I ever think duckweed was an okay idea? Shrimp tank was 3/4s covered and planted tank was 1/4 covered with it and water lettuce. Netted put as much as I could.
Also noticed a single fry in my planted tank. First thought that came to mind was "Did I scoop out any in my net!". It is darting at particles at the surface amongst the plant growth. Too small for a decent pic. Fish present are gold tetras, ember tetras, CPDs, and otocinclus. Gold tetras are upwards of 8 years old and I have not noticed any of them being "full" lately. Either the embers or CPDs. Guessing it is the former because I have seen some pudgy ones (thought they were just hearty eaters). Time will tell if I'm right.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Cool! I'm putting my money on CPD's, just because I've heard of breeding stories in home aquaria before. Hope it grows for you!

Why did I ever think duckweed was an okay idea? Shrimp tank was 3/4s covered and planted tank was 1/4 covered with it and water lettuce. Netted put as much as I could.
Also noticed a single fry in my planted tank. First thought that came to mind was "Did I scoop out any in my net!". It is darting at particles at the surface amongst the plant growth. Too small for a decent pic. Fish present are gold tetras, ember tetras, CPDs, and otocinclus. Gold tetras are upwards of 8 years old and I have not noticed any of them being "full" lately. Either the embers or CPDs. Guessing it is the former because I have seen some pudgy ones (thought they were just hearty eaters). Time will tell if I'm right.

That's exciting! Before I got the plant guard I was always netting fry with the duckweed. If I want to catch them no but accidentally of course :rolleyes:

That's exciting! Before I got the plant guard I was always netting fry with the duckweed. If I want to catch them no but accidentally of course :rolleyes:

Exciting 2x. Found another one this afternoon. I'm thinking they are CPD fry. Free swimming, active, slight belly bulge. Hard to say how old they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My GBRS decided their eggs looked tasty and munched them. Kinda happy they did because I wanted to add fish to the tank but didn't want to risk harassment on the new fish

went out got a few feeder fish for my trigger he just ate like 5 such a piglet , it also got him out of hiding

Got some cool floaters (amazon frogbit, red root floaters and what I think is dwarf water lettuce), threw those in my tanks and 2 pieces of cholla wood for the pleco! He's already munching on it, even the piece that is still floating. I guess he was hungry.

The last few days have reconfirmed the Metalic Blue Guppies at least most definitely the female has internal parasites. I need to pick up the medicated food from a friend who ordered it with her order to save shipping. Very sad about it and hope the food will be found to be tasty and be eaten by the fish.

Thinking I might feed the deworming food to the SAE too before putting them into the big tank after QT. They are doing fine though don't see their poo so can't say for sure :/ Those little guys have eaten almost all the Cladophora algae I put in there for them. I have a little more outside in bucket with some substrate to add into the tank for them to nom on.

Got lost looking at Aquascaping contest winner tanks and lost track of time for awhile. Reading judges comments was helpful to (start to) understand the good and bad of techniques and presentation.

Filled evaporation. Watched fish for a little bit.

Keep looking at my sideboard, void of tank and fish, can't wait to get moving and start over...........

Back
Top Bottom