What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They said they might...owner does aquarium maintenance, so it may not be a big deal for him to deliver 85g.

I could carry it in my car, but my back won't let me carry it by hand...and getting it into the tank would virtually destroy me...

I'm looking at the Current USA line of LEDs; I'll check out your suggestion and do a detailed comparison; thanks!

Got the Saddleback Clowns and breeding pair of Camel Shrimp into the hands of a skilled person with more time to work with them. Maybe 70lbs of live rock mostly, and some extra rock I didn't need.

He has many Rainbow fish varieties, and will give me several. First I need a few more Madagascars to round out the group. And he has Turquoise which I absolutely want more of, Golden and a couple others with long names. I am going to wait a couple weeks to get my QT Ich problem fixed.

Those remaining fish are holding on and the specks are disappearing now. Still odd to me how 2 of the fish didn't look like any spots were on them.

12G QT - The Black Emperor Tetras are still alive. The 2 female M. Sexlineata are doing well now though I think they don't really like the smallish tank - the Melini Cories in there are all doing fine too. Maybe one more week or so and I will move them out.

Wow how I wish all those Rainbow fish didn't get Ich...

Kept my Clown Goby and my little Peppermint Red Shrimp for now but need to redo the tank and finish taking down the small rocks and any hermits that are left. I had a Pistol shrimp but haven't seen him, so I let him know the shrimp could pop up. I am wondering now if he is still in what's left of my 35G tank and will have to look thoroughly.

The little Goby is still in the 35G will need to move him over to the 5G for now. Till I need to take it down. I didn't have much trouble with the small tank but not enough time to take care of a different type of larger system with a five foot long list of other things to do. For the next couple months I could keep it up and running, but then if I am traveling for any length of time I would need to find them a new home. I really like those guys... conflicted.

Found another dead CPD. Concerned there might be a parasite there too due to cross contamination, I used the same buckets for the 6.6G and that 12G Edge tanks.

These are the times that make it difficult to want to tear down a perfectly good tank and redo it since one might face a bumpy road getting it back to "perfect" again. Speaking of the 15G column TT and BV shrimp tank I was going to change to the shrimp to the newer Edge.

Will wait a little while and get a new substrate for the redo newer Edge 6.6G as I was going to use the Shrimp substrate presently in the 15G column after I take it down.

Since I have zero problems with the 15G column I am leaving it alone for now. Same with the original 6.6G Edge leaving it alone as well - for now. I have enough headaches otherwise.

Going to feed 3 tanks in question with medicated parasite fish food tomorrow.

Awe sending good thoughts for quick clear up for those poor things. You've got local folks for seeing to things if you're off, no?
I got impatient with my cycle. Went from 4ppm, four days to 2ppm, another two for 1ppm and still no nitrites. Went to Tropical Treasures and got a bag of hot mess off Nate to move it along. Also swapped my carbon for Purigen and rearranged the tank in prep for hornwort anchored to cut lengths of cholla across the back which will be happening next Friday. Left the Fluval floss and the ceramic rings in; I'm in a hurry, not crazy.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1446268767.854021.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1446268767.854021.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 50
30% wc on my 75 a day early for a change
Fed that tank frozen mysis
Fed the 29 frozen brine shrimp, bloodworms, and mysis shrimp.
Fed the fw 20L 4 sinking shrimp pellets, 7 pepper corys chew those down in no time!

Tomorrow its an early morning wc on the sw 20L and later in the day I'm going to QT a yellow tang in it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

In just a few hours I changed this:
oSqLdPU.png
to this:
FkDxRZb.png

Don't worry, it was time to remove, trim, and replant. Disturbing the substrate usually clouds up the water. It should be cleared up by tomorrow. I will post an updated pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Put handles on the stand doors for the 75. Accidentally drilled the holes for the first one on the hinge side so it was a bit more interesting than I thought it would be..
The lfs didn't have a yellow tang I trusted, the one they did have wasn't doing to hot and looked sick.
I didn't leave empty handed though...
Let the corals begin :D

Took the 20g long to the lfs to get baffles put in & fitted for the skimmer I'll be buying soon(ish)

While there, picked up a couple more LocLine fittings - got all I need now. Also picked up some carbon and some GFO as well as filter bags.

Another 5g HydroTote plus saltwater; a Ti heater; a little more knowledge...

Put together a PVC frame to go under the sump, since I don't really want it resting directly on the bottom of the cabinet. A little air circulation never hurt nobody.

Did my weekly 5g water change in the Nano 29g. Added a couple Emerald Crabs I got at the lfs this morning.

Busy day...busy day.

Worked my butt off thinking about what I am going to do with my ten gallon when I have a planted tank along with stocking and supplies

Stocking plans
-2 Otos
5-6 CPD(If I can't get any kubotais or green fire tetras)
Trio of Dario Dario (Scarlet Badis)

Supplies I will need
-PPS Pro Ferts (Dry)
- Eco Complete on a thin layer of
Miracle grow
- Canister filter for a ten gallon
-Protein Skimmer
- Some type of current maker and flow

Sent via the power of my aching thumbs
Cn

Wow, have we all been busy lately!

Fed and put away a bunch of excess items foods, containers and lights, I have been piling around all the tanks. Still need to figure out which adapter plugs goes with which light - 4 options. Found a remote for the 36" Current USA light that I wasn't able to locate recently. That should help it to turn on now!

Still need to find and build /make a "crash cart" for the necessary fish activities & stuff :)

Tomorrow will need to move my little SW Goby and hermits and snails from the old SW tank and clean it out and remove it from the room, as other things occupied me today. Still making progress, though it seems less quickly as hoped.

Got up early (11am vs 130pm), hit Tropical Treasures to show fiancée the eel I'd keep in his SW (just a matter of time), went to Seascapes and bought 2 galaxy rasboras and 4 ember tetra. While I was at work, the mystery snail dug up my dwarf lily. I came home to find it buried to the stems by Mr. Trying to help @_@ Rescued it and checked chems 0,0, um... What's a slight tinge? .01? Heh. Got some hungry plants, that's all I know. Found new 20L and another 5g in the living room and got all excited! But no, I don't get to do my scape. Ol boy is gearing up for his SW. I'm getting his current FW 5g, twin to mine. :| What a pooper. He could've said, before I got home and did a little squeaky happy dance at seeing the new tanks.

Shopping day!

Placed an order with Han for cholla, IAL, alder cones, and some floating plants.

Found 10 S-SS grade CRS on eBay for just over $40 including shipping! They should be here at the end of the week. Both excited and nervous :hide:

I am spending my first night at my apartment... all i can think is that without my fish tanks its far too quiet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shopping day!

Placed an order with Han for cholla, IAL, alder cones, and some floating plants.

Found 10 S-SS grade CRS on eBay for just over $40 including shipping! They should be here at the end of the week. Both excited and nervous :hide:

Let me know how the CRS end up.

Oh also lost another Rainbow. It was the big friendly one which was really covered with Ich. :(

I am spending my first night at my apartment... all i can think is that without my fish tanks its far too quiet.

Ch ch ch ch

ha ha ha ha

Yay for new place! I'm not a fan either. I usually have an audiobook playing for the company.

Wish I could get good pictures of these fish. They're so curious! The Belkin surge/12 outlet strip came in, so I swapped everything off the inline strip real quick. Transferred the bag of Fluval Plant and Shrimp to a zippered bag and got a good couple of handfuls rinsed and put in. I was prepared for the water to be fairly cloudy, but no, not so much. iPhone cameras... :| I'll borrow a G4 one of these days.

Put in an order at Swiss Tropicals for an HMF corner kit, Lifegard Quiet One Pro 400 pump and Lifegard 100 watt heater. Figure I'll give it a go. Mister picked up a 40 breeder instead of a 55. At this point, I just want to get it set up and cycling.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1446537830.334253.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1446537830.334253.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 66
Acclimating some female CPDs. The two I have colored up and I realized I have two males which won't quite work for breeding. Tested ammonia, still 0 despite technically being overstocked. I hope I really did overkill on the cycling and have a beast bio colony.

Went to an aquarium society auction last night. And despite good intentions of not getting anything, was settling fish into tanks at midnight :)

Sloooow day today!

Got a good size 4 or 5 inch bumblebee catfish. Solid fish, splashed around in bag all the way home. Hoping it comes out tonight so I can see him better.

My wrasse is playing his mean tricm again! This time he started loosing color, but then 'coughed' up a mysis shrimp and was fine

Back
Top Bottom