What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was planning on ordering a bunch of fish and plants soon (around $300 worth) but I just spent $25 on three bettas. I would've bought more bettas but I'm now using every tank in my house other than my brothers turtle tank

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Stacy - Tank looks nicer with natural DW and the heater out of the way (my eyes were drawn to it before). You may see a rise in tannins, possibly not in the tank but definitely in a light colored water change bucket.

Out of frustration I emptied my new moss tank due to cloudiness, ailing moss, and impatience. Back to square one:
vmBAVLC.png

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks, still a long way to go. Added a powerhead to improve circulation. It's hidden in the back left corner. Now that I have rescaped I definitely need more plants. It's been a struggle with this deep tank. But still learning. Your tanks really inspire me.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Lost an otocinclus from Friday's delivery today. Rather surprised, it had a nice belly and poo still going when I came home from work and found it. Ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate still barely registering, Kh 6, gh 125, ph holding steady at 7.6. I'm going to have to order a TDS meter Friday. Shrimp, fish and snails are fine, one of the trumpet snails has decided my dwarf red lily is a football. No harm done, so I won't fuss at it. Got a picture of one of the shrimp cleaning the ricciocarpus natans. The tank raised otos from Aquatic Arts will eat a wafer in my hand, but ignore it if I set it down. Spoiled brats. Breaks my heart to lose anyone, if I have to hand feed them every couple of days so be it. I'll try to get Mister to record it the next day off we have together. Never heard of them doing that before.

102672-albums14442-picture69423.jpeg

Changing things up!

Cleaned out the 12G rimless Mr. Aqua QT tank today, moved the 1 Rainbow F to the other QT (46G), moved the Cories from this tank to the 6.6G Edge #2.....

After cleaning out the whole tank Edge 6.6G #2. Removed the tiny river rock substrate, plants and DW and Bolbitis to the very temporary AquaFarm with the Betta. DW is sticking in sideways and out the top.

Added the Garnet sand to the Edge 6.6 #2. Put in 2 pots of Micro Sword that has been unhappy in the QT probably due to lack of adequate lighting.

Since we are having freezing at night, I moved the plant and duckweed buckets from outside to a more protected location. Will consolidate 3 into one or maybe even none.

So Mr Aqua rimless 12G is sitting empty, did a quick wiping but needs a good cleaning.

Moved the 3 Black Emperor Tetras into the QT also. They are pretty stressed right now. Hoping they will be on the road to wellness so they can get into the 72G and hang out with some friends.

Will be having a discussion about future Discus keeping on Thursday. Interested in possible ideas from local keepers for the auto water changer and stocking numbers. Kinda have in mind what I want, just need some training from the experienced keeper/breeders, and thoughts on the bigger tank possibility. (shhh..... this is a secret from people living at my house....I want a 150G bowfront, it might take getting a 92G first though, just depends on my lucky day when I find it cheap - so it could be awhile.)

Back to the little tanks...

Thinking of possibly moving the Betta into the 12G Mr Aqua. There is an acrylic top on the tank so less worries for jumping out. Just couldn't seem to encourage the Betta to live in the cube like Edge tank without having the water level down for surface breathing and that kind of defeats the look of the Edge tank.

Having the CPD's in the 12G Edge is kinda a waste of space, they rarely swim in the top half of the tank, (never when they know I am watching them!!!) so thinking of putting them into the 6.6G. It will be a nightmare mess for the tank to catch them, it's just now starting to grow in, so maybe not. :rolleyes: Just hate almost seeing NOTHING in the tank, all fish which like to hide.

Pretty bad when the fish you see most is a single Oto. And 1 (out of 10-12) CPD usually like he is the only one in the tank...except for feeding time I see activity (but still hiding as much as possible) 6 cories and 3 Glass Cats. :?

Went ahead and combined both groups of 6 Melini Cory babies into one, making the group 12 now!!! Hope they are so happy.

I bought three new bettas yesterday and carried them around Costco while people judged me and looked at me funny. I bought a gold elephant ear male, a black, maroon, and copper female crowntail, and finally a white, blue/grey, and red female crowntail

3 fish rescue

My wife came home yesterday with a Coral beauty and 2 chromis that she rescued at a yard sale , these 3 poor fish were in a plastic Folgers coffee can on a table full of junk , she saw the can and opened the lid to find 3 fish , if she didn't open the can she would of never known they were in there , she asked how much they wanted for them they told her $30 my wife on her toes said these guys will be dead in about a hour if left in this can , my husband has sw fish I'll give you a buck ,
Now I have 3 fish in my QT/feeder tank (it's divided) from how these guys looked yesterday I didn't think they would make it the night well here they are this morning swimming together as happy as can be,
I intend on keeping them in QT at-least 2 weeks to be sure they are clean of any disease/parasites ,
img_3304364_0_09baea397d19b9b0a18f9f8901460945.jpg

there lucky I had a few extra pieces of live rock in the QT that I'm growing out some macro on ,

My wife came home yesterday with a Coral beauty and 2 chromis that she rescued at a yard sale , these 3 poor fish were in a plastic Folgers coffee can on a table full of junk , she saw the can and opened the lid to find 3 fish , if she didn't open the can she would of never known they were in there , she asked how much they wanted for them they told her $30 my wife on her toes said these guys will be dead in about a hour if left in this can , my husband has sw fish I'll give you a buck ,
Now I have 3 fish in my QT/feeder tank (it's divided) from how these guys looked yesterday I didn't think they would make it the night well here they are this morning swimming together as happy as can be,
I intend on keeping them in QT at-least 2 weeks to be sure they are clean of any disease/parasites ,
img_3304365_0_09baea397d19b9b0a18f9f8901460945.jpg

there lucky I had a few extra pieces of live rock in the QT that I'm growing out some macro on ,

Nice find! For being in a jar they look good!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I can't believe they had them in a coffee can and it wasn't even marked live fish or anything, glad my wife has that snoopy instinct , Just fed them these poor guys act like they haven't had anything to eat in weeks.

I can't believe they had them in a coffee can and it wasn't even marked live fish or anything, glad my wife has that snoopy instinct , Just fed them these poor guys act like they haven't had anything to eat in weeks.

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

img_3304462_0_09baea397d19b9b0a18f9f8901460945.jpg

Lucky break for you but even luckier break for those poor fish!!! Congrats. Hope they are well. They probably weren't fed much lately...in a coffee can!!!

img_3304477_0_09baea397d19b9b0a18f9f8901460945.jpg

The coral beauty's face looks awesome. And I'm glad your wife found and rescued them. That's not even betta size, sheesh some people

Changed the substrate in my small tank, the black was cool but I wanted to lighten the tank up a little bit, I also dumped all the plants with exception of the Anubias and the mossImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1447478467.157332.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1447478513.058074.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1447478537.860611.jpg still a bit cloudy. I'm happy with the result, the jungle has gone and i can finally see all the fish

I moved a 20g and a 10g tank from my house into my new apartment. I took some of the more sensitive fish with me because my tanks are all doing awful. I lost almost all my plants from my 40g tank and my reef has become an algae farm.

I also picked up a pair of high fin electric blue gbrs and a pair of chocolate lyretail killifish. Hopefully by january I will be breeding both of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Changed the substrate in my small tank, the black was cool but I wanted to lighten the tank up a little bit, I also dumped all the plants with exception of the Anubias and the mossView attachment 280639View attachment 280640View attachment 280641 still a bit cloudy. I'm happy with the result, the jungle has gone and i can finally see all the fish

That's a pretty tank, what size is it?

I moved a 20g and a 10g tank fro lm my house into my new apartment. I took some of the more sensitive fish with me because my tanks are all doing awful. I lost almost all my plants from my 40g tank and my reef has become an algae farm.

I also picked up a pair of high fin electric blue gbrs and a pair of chocolate lyretail killifish. Hopefully by january i will be breeding both of them.

Would love to see pics of the chocolates! I've tried killies a few times but never had any luck with them :(

That's a pretty tank, what size is it?

Would love to see pics of the chocolates! I've tried killies a few times but never had any luck with them :(
Ive always had trouble with them jumping... i will see if i can grab some pics when i get out of work :)

Yesterday got to pick up my brand new 12G Edge tank, so happy. Will be working on getting the new stuff figured out as in substrate and stocking, etc. I was given 4 baby Double Black Angelfish dime to nickel body size, and info that I can return any say females and trade them in for a few more babies if I would like, to just keep the fun of having them and growing them up!

The original 12G Edge tank is going to a new home when ever I get it to that point. One must come down before the next one comes up and moving the stock and decisions about which group of fish will need to go where.

Decided to send the inhabitants of the 5G SW to live with a wonderful hobbyist who took the Saddleback Clowns and then I will have one less item to divert my attention and help me keep focus.

Still need to empty the 35G SW all the way. It still has a few rocks and all the sand and a few hermits and snails.

Overall, happy to be getting things pared down. May also have a new home for the 35G tank and stand.

So far the Rainbow fish seem better no ill looking ones at present. The AC110 filter is running again. Still can't believe how much Elodea was in the impeller. I put the baby Angels in there (the QT).

Found a problem in my 15G column tank, that a huge Mystery snail died and must have messed with the parameters and don't see but a few little baby shrimp in there now where there WERE a bunch. There are a a handful of berried mommas presently. Deciding no more grown up Mystery snails in small and nano shrimp tanks. I should have known better. As soon as they get to be an inch I will need to move them to a large tank. Once that big I wonder that they don't get enough to eat in the shrimp tanks.

Last edited:
Wasn't tired and decided to organize underneath my 75.

Hung the power strips off the back of the stand to clear up next to the sump

Also hung some of my test kits. Magnesium test is going above the calcium test.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom