Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-10-2013, 09:26 PM   #4801
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxx View Post

I think he is talking about tanganyikan cichlids.
Yes, tanganyikan cichlids! I was thinking my fish are only 2-4 inches, what are they saying? LOL

Old 10-10-2013, 09:32 PM   #4802
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilliant_Barbs_21 View Post
Ah I see. In that case, never mind. Haha. I love tanganyikans. My favorite is shell dwellers. Not as much colors as other cichlids but so much personality.
Yes, I keep gold occellatus, xenotilapia ochrogenys ndole bay, enantiopius melanogenys, callochromis stappersii raspberry head, and cyprichromis microlepidotus caramba.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:15 PM   #4803
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustemedia View Post
Yes, I keep gold occellatus, xenotilapia ochrogenys ndole bay, enantiopius melanogenys, callochromis stappersii raspberry head, and cyprichromis microlepidotus caramba.
Ah I see. I used to absolutely love gold occellatus. I had a pair in my 10 gallon before I converted it to saltwater. They were tiny in my tank, and now they're big (bigger at least lol) in my friends tanganyika tank.

Anyways back on topic. I dosed my tanks with seachem flourish today. Things are starting to grow in much much much better. My planted jar is almost finished with its cycle, and about ready for MTS. Also 20% PWC on my 20 gallon freshwater tank.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:11 AM   #4804

Oh what a day... honestly i didnt do much just sit and watch my tanks.. love all my water babies but today my snails and shrimp stold the spot light.... such interesting lil characters they are...

The lil red ramshorn is one i got from autumnsky such a cute lil thing it actually crawls close to get my attention when im at the tank... my big mystery snail usually mowes it down though to get over to rub on the glass. Guess it thinks i need a peep show anyone else have crazy snails like mine...lol All my animals dont act like they are supposed to ever..

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20131010_230359.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	202038

Autumnsky i took off tomorrow to rest so ill make time to email u
Old 10-11-2013, 03:18 AM   #4805
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjacks View Post
Oh what a day... honestly i didnt do much just sit and watch my tanks.. love all my water babies but today my snails and shrimp stold the spot light.... such interesting lil characters they are...

The lil red ramshorn is one i got from autumnsky such a cute lil thing it actually crawls close to get my attention when im at the tank... my big mystery snail usually mowes it down though to get over to rub on the glass. Guess it thinks i need a peep show anyone else have crazy snails like mine...lol All my animals dont act like they are supposed to ever..

Your snail collage is epic. I love apple snails but don't have one. My 10g dirted is full of just snails. But a decent amount, not an annoying amount Some of my pouch snails like swimming to the surface then back down to the plants. Almost like they are flying. I love watching the snails, I took an algae wafer and dropped it in, within seconds you see the nearest snails flock over. Lol should have took a pic of the "snail pile"

Today my ghost shrimp was chillen' on my Japanese cress I have floating in my 20g, made me worried for a bit.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:48 AM   #4806
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjacks View Post

Attachment 202038

Love the snail pics! I will be working all day, looking forward to hearing from you!!

Tank is clearing up after the big substrate cleaning. 37G fish are getting used to the move over to 72G.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:28 PM   #4807
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Well just in time for my birthday Petsmart decided to have an awesome fish sale lol so I got 1 male gold platy 1 male orange and yellow guppy an 7 zebra danio for about 5$ lol I may go back for a female platy or 2. New fish are being quarentinrf in a 2 gal bucket with bubbler ad heater and will check levels every day and do water changes couldn't pass on the deals lol
Old 10-11-2013, 02:35 PM   #4808
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishlover3578 View Post
Well just in time for my birthday Petsmart decided to have an awesome fish sale lol so I got 1 male gold platy 1 male orange and yellow guppy an 7 zebra danio for about 5$ lol I may go back for a female platy or 2. New fish are being quarantined in a 2 gal bucket with bubbler ad heater and will check levels every day and do water changes couldn't pass on the deals lol
Happy birthday! Can't wait till they are acclimated=)

Just turned the on the lights. Feeding fish in a couple hours, then going to the other side of the island for the day.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:50 PM   #4809
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Thank you and I decided I will buy two female platy after I pick up my dad and then after everyone's qaurentine is over I will be done stocking my tanks . Plus I a giving my guppy fry to my dad . The fry will be at least 4 weeks old once I'm done with qaurentining my new fish and when I done with qaurentine male and female guppys will be seperated as well as the platy male from my soon to be females lol ... I am going to return one zebra danio and exchange it... It has one eye... Don't really want a one eyed fish
Old 10-11-2013, 08:39 PM   #4810
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Today (well last night) I cleaned out the canister filter and fish tank. The filter took 3 goes before I got it primed properly and working. Was just starting to curse it when it decided to work Much better flow rates now but I've got my eye on a bigger filter... Still have snails in filter I note but none in tank. I assume my loaches are getting any that make it through to tank.

Re-sank some plants (spend more time fooling around with plants then anything else) and checked the timers. Took 120 litres out of tank and to garden, then filled tank back up again (I tell myself it is good exercise). Spent 5 mins with daughter trying to work out if there is a new baby molly. Then onto watching the world of fish go by

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com