Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-11-2013, 08:43 PM   #4811
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Got two cool lookin male guppy I suspect are crossed with endler so I'm done stocking just have to wait out quarantine

Old 10-11-2013, 09:09 PM   #4812
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Feeling stupid guess didn't pay attention or they jumped out of net when putting into quarantine ... Now I have to exchange two fish a platy and zebra danio... They were dried out I might not eve exchange I'm to embarrassed to tell them.... Maybe ill just buy new they were only 50cents each

Old 10-12-2013, 01:03 AM   #4813
Aquarium Advice Freak

I added some rock work and plants to the 75 gallon to break up lines of sight after removing an aggressive fish and "his woman", but that didn't work. Someone else just took his place, as I thought might happen, so I just put them back and added more break up to the tank. What proceeded was a 10 1/2 minute fight for dominance, no kidding, I taped it all and felt bad that I probably brought it on by removing the dominant male and then putting him back. (face palm). Oh well, live and learn.

I removed my knight gobies from my 30 gallon. I had put them there by themselves so they could breed in peace, but I can't raise the fry, they can't raise the fry, I tried making my own infusoria - bombed out - so, they don't need to be hogging that tank up any longer. They went back to the 55g brackish tank. I then clean up the 30 and replanted it. Now deciding what to do with it. Grow out tank, move my shellies over, something else...?

That's it. For today... LOL
Old 10-12-2013, 01:18 AM   #4814
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishlover3578 View Post
Feeling stupid guess didn't pay attention or they jumped out of net when putting into quarantine ... Now I have to exchange two fish a platy and zebra danio... They were dried out I might not eve exchange I'm to embarrassed to tell them.... Maybe ill just buy new they were only 50cents each
Oh no! Lol it's okay, I wouldn't feel good in returning them=( But hey they could have jumped out. It is probable. And your trying to give your fishes a good home. Just be careful next time. And about your one eye fish, I have a one eyed guppy female. I feel bad for her everytime she comes to the glass for food, but she is happyツ

★As for topic, just got back from the east side of the island, lights on the tank have been on for over 11hrs. Ugh, oh well hopefully never again. Poor albino corys were hiding when I got home=(
Old 10-12-2013, 01:45 AM   #4815
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
I feel slightly guilty that I haven't done a thing, although I will feed everyone soon. I worked a long shift training the worst trainee ever today, then had errends to run and by the time I got some food and got home it was more than 12 hours since I left the house and I was (and still am) exhausted. But the good news is I am off tomorrow and can get all those water changes done. Although I will feel a bit bad destroying so many awesome betta bubble nests.

Edit: while not strictly fish related, my boyfriend caught a toad a few minutes ago and we quickly set up my cracked critter keeper for it so we could keep it for a while. What can I say, we enjoy little animals. I'm still debating over geckos or green anoles for when I set up (clean and make a screen top for) my 20 hex tank, as I want to wait until I can move before I make it a reef. So for now I want little lizards.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:04 AM   #4816
Aquarium Advice Freak

Did 50% PWC's on my 50 gallon octagonal and my 55 gallon cichlid tank. Cleaned my eheim
Canister and set up a new one using some of the media from the existing one. So my cichlid tank now has 4 filters running (the new eheim and a new sponge filter getting ready to go over to my new 120 gal tank).
Old 10-12-2013, 03:47 AM   #4817
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxx View Post
I feel slightly guilty that I haven't done a thing, although I will feed everyone soon. I worked a long shift training the worst trainee ever today, then had errends to run and by the time I got some food and got home it was more than 12 hours since I left the house and I was (and still am) exhausted. But the good news is I am off tomorrow and can get all those water changes done. Although I will feel a bit bad destroying so many awesome betta bubble nests.

Edit: while not strictly fish related, my boyfriend caught a toad a few minutes ago and we quickly set up my cracked critter keeper for it so we could keep it for a while. What can I say, we enjoy little animals. I'm still debating over geckos or green anoles for when I set up (clean and make a screen top for) my 20 hex tank, as I want to wait until I can move before I make it a reef. So for now I want little lizards.
Chameleons!!! They are really awesome.

So I spent quite a bit of time cleaning out dead plant leaves. I need to put in fert capsules this week into the 72G. And probably order some more, they take a couple weeks or so to come, from Thailand. Ferka Stemma and Rosetta (FYI from ebay seller). Moved the tank about 10 inches so I could see it better while sitting on the couch.

Added water to most of the tanks due to evaporation.

A couple days ago my handle for my light on my Chi tank broke or hopefully just fell off, but I think it broke. So I have to move my table lamp over there so the plants will have light.

Tomorrow I will be moving the 6.6 Edge tank into the living room so they will all be in the same location for more simple feeding while I am away.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:50 AM   #4818

Fed the fish, changeing out the charcoal and washing down the sponge in the canister filter, did a small wc on the 37g. Im gonna be going to a reef event at one of my lfs, we have 5 tickets in the reef "lottery" were they will be giving out free live sand, skimmers,lighting,filtration,frozen and dry food,buffers,phytoplakton,coral foods,actual corals,and tanks! There will also be an buy or excange area, looking to get a RODI system there. Wish my luck!
Old 10-12-2013, 01:12 PM   #4819

Just picked up a 60g cube sith a 20g sump and some nice metal halides for 250$ at the event! Yay!
Old 10-12-2013, 02:11 PM   #4820
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Well 2:30 am ended up doing emergency 75% pwc.

The tank hadn't all the way cleared up from the pwc the day before, so I started looking around it and saw some gunk in a corner area which wasn't getting circulation from the return from the FX-5. So I tried moving the directional spout and it fell of making a little cloud of gunk.

Then I decided to check the flow on the intake and it seemed almost nothing.

I popped off the intake screen which is about the size of my hand and boy did the water start moving.

But it let loose a HUGE cloud of particulates making the tank look like a little swamp. There was a glob of slimy gunk that was blocking the neck where the two parts connect and knocking that loose caused an even bigger cloud of brown stuff, the tank looked like a brown mess.

That glob was hidden in the center and not noticeable by just looking at it. aargh!

That explained how the fish haven't been looking so good the last couple days.

Well opening up the flow on the FX-5 really cleaned out some build up I guess.

So gravel vac'ed the harder to get to areas - had already done the easier to get to areas.... and oh goodness have I not smelled such a rotten smell. WOW!!! I had to open the door to air out the house. Refilled to about 2/3 and let the inflow aerate the tank better.

So now about 7 hours after the water is crystal clear and smells sooooo much better.

Still need to decide when to clean the FX-5 out...and buy a new bottle of Prime!

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com