What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
New boy, Stargazer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1451703931836.jpg
    1451703931836.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 86
My pregnant platy have birth yesterday. I think all the fry were eaten because I haven't put hiding places in yet

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Set out an hour just for the emersed setup and completely re organized it and labeled it...getting some awesome growth for it and it's a fun experiment/farm tank/fun project. Will be adding some buces in the afternoon to see how fast they grow emersed...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

On top of that my parents got me exactly what I wanted for my B day: SunSun canister 602B, Seachem Matrix, co2 tank adapter, Seachen Matrix, Silenoid and bubble counter, and a diffuser and dry ferts and measuring spoons to
Measure the ferts

On top of that my parents got me exactly what I wanted for my B day: SunSun canister 602B, Seachem Matrix, co2 tank adapter, Seachen Matrix, Silenoid and bubble counter, and a diffuser and dry ferts and measuring spoons to
Measure the ferts

What an awesome gift!!!

Cleaning out the 2 non working filters for the 12 & 6.6G Edge tanks in hopes they will limp along for a bit longer. Yes the circuit breaker was thrown and when it was put back on the filters didn't have enough umpf to get going again. Likely some more trumpet snails growing up in the impeller compartment. Pwc on the tanks as well.

QT - The last Madagascar Rainbow looks like he's not much longer for this world, only the 3 baby - now quarter + size double black angels left. Going to feed them dewormer food this week and put them into the 72G and remove the female Koi Angel and probably give her to my Angel breeder friend Friday at the next Aquarium society (CAS) meeting.

She is my favorite right now but the pair make it a danger zone for all other fish. I am hoping he gets some nice babies from his fish and I get a hand full to raise in hopes of a few more males to have about 3 total. Really want a pretty Koi male since I lost the last one - been missing him.

Also going to start to try to catch the Peppered Cories from the 12G Edge, maybe just one at a time as to not tear up the tank too much, there are 5 or 6 - once as babies said to be Habrosus but really Corydoras paleatus. Very nice for the lone adoped one in the 72G but disappointing because I thought they were dwarf cories!!!

Right now watching a ray of light shining into their tank and the Cories are swimming in lazy circles though the light. Fat Oto hanging on a rock in the light. :popcorn: Off to try my luck as a cory catcher.

Edit - Hahaha that was a joke - disappeared in a flash. Planted Edge tanks aren't for catching fish that's for sure!!!

Now that I finished the Edge filter restarting project, found one to get going again and the second restarted but it grabbed some air from the refilling the water and stopped.

That prompted me to open the new 12G edge tank box and get out the brand new filter container therein. I put it on with the old filter media, and perfect!

Then since I was refilling the 6.6G, it was blowing up gunk and apparently the nice clump of Flame Moss was trapping all the gunk and t kicked up a storm of uneaten food and debris.

Did 6 - 1 gallon water exchanges, then the filter stopped running yes the brand new one. Tried a couple of times to unplug and replug and start it again to no avail. So I unplugged the heater and filter and did a 75% pwc trying to scoop up the gunk near the bottom with a small cup and rinsed out the clump of moss and refilled. Took off the new motor and made sure it was running and put it back and then it worked fine. Added a Cuttlebone.

Not very pleased about the touchy motor problem.

Did a 3G pwc in the 15G Shrimp tank.

Last night I was watching my Chocolate Cherry Neo experiment tank and found a few nice bright red Cherry shrimp haven't had those in the tank for months and some pretty bronzey colored ones too - kind of shiny. Very interesting though not breeding true overall, there are some neat colors there and fun to see. In the future I won't plan to make an Edge tank a breeding tank for shrimp (especially experiment ones) because you really have to break down the whole tank to cull :/ Or get anything out for that matter.

Decided the CRS or PRL will go into one of those.

Thinking of tearing down the 15G Blue Velvets and Tangerine Tigers like I have been planning to for so very long. Put the TT in my 6.6G Edge with the experiment Chocolate Cherries and sell the BV which I have had 3 local people asking for them, but still not sure how many I will have yet or when I would be brave enough and have the time to tear it down and spend hours separating BV and TT and trying to make sure I get out all the babies. hmmmmm... I am getting tired just thinking about it. Maybe the day before the CAS meeting.

Last edited:
I've fallen behind on water changes as I have been super busy the past few days bc of family so I'm gonna do a lot of water changes tomorrow...YAY (sarcasm intended)

Sounds awesome!

Got any Before/After pix?

Not sure if pictures attached to this , only a couple with me now. I have some more and will be working on new ones.

Attachments

• bluedamsel-blenny.jpg
    bluedamsel-blenny.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 131
  • image (2).jpg
    image (2).jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 92
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1451948721.299972.jpg

Received my set of stainless steel measuring spoons for dosing and adding dry ferts..can't wait for the rest of the stuff to come on the 9th!

Got my egg tumbler in the other day but I set it up today and it's about to go in the tank. And tonight is the goldies last night (HECK YEAH) they will be gone tomorrow morning.

Got my egg tumbler in the other day but I set it up today and it's about to go in the tank. And tonight is the goldies last night (HECK YEAH) they will be gone tomorrow morning.

Awesome! For the cichlids right!

GOLDIES ARE GONE!!! I can finally do something with my tank

Have one more email to send and receive before I can order from Wet Spot Tropical Fish. I will be ordering 10 Ember tetras, a red snakeskin discus, a blue snakeskin discus, and I haven't decided on the final discus, and also various plants that I haven't decided on yet

Shoulda ordered my breeding pair, bro. 5+" proven blue diamonds.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Shoulda ordered my breeding pair, bro. 5+" proven blue diamonds.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I haven't ordered them yet plus I don't have that much money and I don't wanna pay two seperate shipping charges. I will get blue diamonds once I clear the peacock cichlids out of my other 55 and start making it into a second planted, discus tank

Also I took out two handfuls of water lettuce and brought them to school bc my friend wanted them (several ppl asked if they were drugs) and so my cichlid tank looks a little more clear on the top

Back
Top Bottom