What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did a 40% wc on my 20 gal. I added conditioner to the water after. I have a quick question... I use bioboost for maintenance and cycling boost, do I need to add that every water change?
I use jacks bioboost but here is a link for what it does.
If this post needs moved please do.

http://m.petsolutions.com/Default.a...Boost&CategoryId=Aquarium-Bacterial-Additives

Sent from my XT1585 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Saw one of my peppermint shrimp berried full of eggs!!! Think this means I have a nice healthy system to have berried shrimp, now if only I could raise the young

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Put lots of moss n plants in. They raise themselves.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Saw one of my peppermint shrimp berried full of eggs!!! Think this means I have a nice healthy system to have berried shrimp, now if only I could raise the young

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My banded coral shrimp had eggs all the time, but if there were babies they were eaten by my chromis who are planktovores

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Did a rescape and a major clean on the 40g. I really want to replace the gravel but I'm not gonna since it'll be the lake Malawi, cichlid tank soon enough.

Attachments

• 1452400381388.jpg
    1452400381388.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 71
  • 1452400421293.jpg
    1452400421293.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 68
Fry update. Both German red fry were killed by my older jacobfribergi x dragon blood hybrids and one of the fry in the egg tumbler died due to a mishap with the egg tumbler

Got a new clownfish! A snowflake clown
pikBScm.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Weekly WC on both tanks; caught the year-old Cleaner Shrimp in the 29g & moved him into the 75g.

Tried and failed, yet again, to lure the very large Brittle Star out of the rocks in the 29 so I can get him into more space.

Side note, possibly belongs in another forum): Anyone got any ideas for how to accomplish that, without moving the rocks out of the tank? Or should I just resign myself to planning on something involving the next WC? It's not like I don't have the means; I've got two 5g buckets, after all...

Spent the whole day yesterday working on breaking down the 15G Column tank wth the TT and BV shrimp.

Here is more details about the shrimp adventure last page probably - is on post number 23
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f129/chocolate-cherry-rcs-with-pics-319623.html

I traded a few shrimp for a Clown Loach from a local hobbyist. He is about 4". In QT atm, and going into the 72G (which will be working on getting magically turned into a ~125G - 250G Bowfront sometime this year when the used tank finding faeries come up with a budget friendly option - if the faeries don't make it happen I know a shoal of about 12 who wouldn't mind more friends.) Planning on picking up 2 friends for him to hang out in QT.

Finally made some decisions about my shrimp keeping and breeding and tanks - details also in that thread above.

So the TT shrimp will get to move into the Mr Aqua Rimless 11.7G, for now by themselves, will set that tank up in the morning.

They will end up being housed with some nice Blue Diamond Shrimp which I will need to find yet. And I will have them as a breeding tank - shrimp only.

Been studying which kinds of fish to add. Still. lol I'm narrowing it down though!

`

Ordered the fish and plants.
2.5" Blue diamond discus x1
2.5" Marlboro red discus x1
2.5" Red snakeskin discus x1
Red Indian Dwarf lily x1
Water Sprite Indian Fern x4
Red Melon Sword x2
Amazon Sword x4
Cryptocoryne spiralis x4
Aponogeton crispus x2
And a pair of dwarf cichlids I'm still deciding the type

The order will arrive at around 10:30 Wednesday morning which I will be in school unfortunately but my dad will be home to unbox them and release the fish

Did a 30% water change on my 20 gal.

Ordered the fish and plants.
2.5" Blue diamond discus x1
2.5" Marlboro red discus x1
2.5" Red snakeskin discus x1
Red Indian Dwarf lily x1
Water Sprite Indian Fern x4
Red Melon Sword x2
Amazon Sword x4
Cryptocoryne spiralis x4
Aponogeton crispus x2
And a pair of dwarf cichlids I'm still deciding the type

The order will arrive at around 10:30 Wednesday morning which I will be in school unfortunately but my dad will be home to unbox them and release the fish

How big is your aquarium? This sounds like a lot of fish.

How big is your aquarium? This sounds like a lot of fish.

55g. It already has two juv. discus and several suckermouth cats (otos, twig cat, and whiptail cat) and a betta

55g. It already has two juv. discus and several suckermouth cats (otos, twig cat, and whiptail cat) and a betta

Are you fully cycled?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1452554751.814154.jpg

Canister filter and diffuser came today! Canister is a bit bulkier than I wanted but that's ok. First time with a canister for me. Just hope I can hide all the equipment in and out of the tank. All I need to get now are ferts substrate, timers and a regulator with a Silenoid and bubble counter, but in already getting an Aquatek one. I am truly converting to the high tech side, as my wallet grows emptier and emptier.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Are you fully cycled?

Yep I cycled it for about 3 months before adding a single betta for several more months. So from May to August it was cycling and late August I was given a betta and I decided to put him in the tank and he was the only fish in there from Late August to mid December

Back
Top Bottom