Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-18-2013, 10:27 PM   #4881
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Third day of treatment (Furan-2 + Kanaplex) for a columnaris outbreak in my DT that was entirely my fault - wasn't careful enough with my equipment and contaminated it due to a pair of new fish that succumbed to it two days after purchase. Four of my old fish showed signs of it within a day of when I suspect I contaminated the tank. So I've been shuffling fish around between bins, dosing meds, and doing close inspections of everyone involved.

Old fancy goldfish - the rapid deterioration of his fins has stopped and the inflamation around his scales/gills has gone down.

Female hoplo #1 - Large legion on her side has stopped growing and is healing.

Female hoplo #2 - Adipose fin decay has stopped.

Female hoplo #3 - The worst afflicted, lost all four barbels within 24 hours and passed away in quarantine earlier today.

4 other hoplos, black moor, ranchu goldfish - No signs of illness yet. Behavior is normal.

On the upside of things, I was forced to run out and buy two new aquariums to house a shipment of new fish that I had ordered over the weekend before disaster struck. I used up all my sterilite bins and buckets and my QT for sick fish, so I was out of space for the new guys, so I got to set up a 29 and 10 gallon

Here they are in quarantine;

So just remember folks, always quarantine new fish and be extremely careful with your shared equipment - I was disease free in my big tank for almost 2 years, and the moment I became lax in my practices, I had a disaster on my hands.

Old 10-19-2013, 09:59 AM   #4882
Aquarium Advice FINatic

My quarantine tank is ready, so I went and bought myself two peppered corys, and two bronze corys and they're swimming around in there now. I've got two bronze corys in my big tank- did not realise they needed friends so I hope they'll appreciate the company when these little guys come out of quarantine.

The new ones are so small! So teeny tiny. I'm still clumsy at this, and hope I did not stress them out too much in transit, or with acclimatising them to the new tank water.

Also got a new piece of driftwood which is boiling on my stove. Going to look nice in the tank!

Old 10-19-2013, 03:53 PM   #4883
Aquarium Advice Addict

Turned on the lights, about to get food out to defrost for them. Checked on all the fish=) everyone is doing fine. Got to ready for work at my lps!!! I skipped the interview, I start at 11:00PM hawaii time=) I am so excited!
Old 10-19-2013, 04:15 PM   #4884
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

gave my freshwater tank a little long needed attention replaced heater ,hob with new canister ,new light and ordered a bunch of fish , going to local pet shop tomorrow to trade in my 3 giants 16 inch sail fin pleco , 14 inch upside down catfish , 10 inch goldfish when I called and I told them what I had they offered me $150.00 in store credit or $75. cash I chose the store credit as I can use it on more future upgrades

I've been spending most my time on my salt tanks and my freshwater tank was being neglected my daughter said she would help maintain the freshwater tank , she is moving out to Colorado , I was able to obtain her a scholarship at CSU from the social worker of the cancer clinic I getting treatment

54seaweed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 04:17 PM   #4885
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Watching my fish. Treated with liquids super ich yesterday cuz saw ich in both tanks . Added heater to small temporarily tank for snails will do WC tomorrow on snail tank cuz no filter its only 2.5 gal
Old 10-19-2013, 05:15 PM   #4886

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishlover3578 View Post
Watching my fish. Treated with liquids super ich yesterday cuz saw ich in both tanks . Added heater to small temporarily tank for snails will do WC tomorrow on snail tank cuz no filter its only 2.5 gal
You should get rid ich + by kordon, its the best and works like a charm! You can get it from petsmart for 7$ for a 8oz bottle.
Old 10-19-2013, 05:17 PM   #4887

Starting to convert my aqueon quiet flow HOB into an aquaclear. Earlier today i picked up a big pack of bonded filter pads from petco for only 8$! This will last me a few months for sure!
Old 10-19-2013, 05:17 PM   #4888

The DP is doing fine in the 20g right now, gotta find some snails for him at the lfs so he can eat!
Old 10-19-2013, 06:07 PM   #4889
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman007 View Post

You should get rid ich + by kordon, its the best and works like a charm! You can get it from petsmart for 7$ for a 8oz bottle.
I might If I need more which I doubt I will cuz my bottle has enough for treatment for both tanks . I was afraid to try it cuz it looked cheap and like an off brand
Old 10-19-2013, 06:59 PM   #4890

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishlover3578 View Post

I might If I need more which I doubt I will cuz my bottle has enough for treatment for both tanks . I was afraid to try it cuz it looked cheap and like an off brand
Well alot of treatments of crappy and dangerous to your fish not gonna name any of the bad ones but i have used rid ich + with some of the most sensitive fish and they all got thru ok!

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com