What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Started my 5g up yesterday. Doing a dry start with the HC Cuba for awhile. 2-3 other type of plants will come after flooding.

Jesse

Attachments

• 1452837781448.jpg
    1452837781448.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 74

Moved my 75 gallon reef, added a 36"×16"×16" refugium(on a 48×18" footprint!), and added some more dry rock. Very happy with how things are looking now. Took me and my dad 9 hours from start to adding the last stock, 9.5 hours for cleanup.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That looks great!!!

Started my 5g up yesterday. Doing a dry start with the HC Cuba for awhile. 2-3 other type of plants will come after flooding.

Jesse

Can't wait to see what happens.

~~~~~~~

Last night I did emergency pwc on my original Chocolate Cherry shrimp tank. 2 gallons, back to back with 2 more and then back to back 1 more gallon.

All seems okay now.

I removed 12 feet of Anacharis last Sunday and with some plants melting from not having enough light for 2.5 days last week, had lost my equal balance in the tank. Oops. Who'd have thought 12 feet of plants made the tank params good and without them, shrimp bad.

I am having an issue with my pics of the new tank, if you link here you can see it.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/60074-albums14480.html

more info about the TT shrimp here http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...-blue-diamond-build-345167-2.html#post3334270

I'm excited for you!!! Sometimes I live vicariously through you guys since I don't really have the time to set up more than 1 tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I started a thread about it if you wanna look "Discus and Pistos"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Today was awesome! The Aquatek regulator came.. With an extra peice of equipment! An atomizer! Super hyped, all that's left to get now are ferts, substrate, and the co2 tank!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1452913627.139630.jpg

PS: anyone used that atomizer before? Any thoughts/advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Found a crappy looking fishtank on Craigslist for $55 but it looked like a nice size so I texted the owner and he says that he thinks it's a 50g, I get the deminsions tomorrow. If I do get it, it'll be either an angel tank, an acara tank, or a shrimp tank (I like the shrimp idea)

Took a few pics today, loaded a few here
this is the funny one - how does he just sit there like no big deal?

60074-albums14480-picture69704.jpg

60074-albums14480-picture69702.jpg

60074-albums14480-picture69703.jpg

Try these again

60074-albums14480-picture69689.jpg

60074-albums14480-picture69690.jpg

Pwc on the Betta Bowl added a new little heater.

Added a stainless fluval heater which used to be in the SW (cleaned it) to the TT tank at 75F.

PWC on the snail jug ~75%.

Pwc to the BV container 2 50%.

Saw some pics of the female Angel that went to a new home, she looks happy and content.

Got 12 Neons last night and they went into the 15G and no deaths as of tonight. The little Clown Loach already looks like he is filling out, he might have just been hungry.

Spent some time watching the 72G. One of the little Angelfish has a very big chomp out of his tail. I am wondering who did it.

Before the Male and female Angel pair were chompy when they had eggs, now the female has the new home and the male doesn't have any reason to bite.

The pair of Boesemani maybe are the culprits. Though there is one Opaline Gourami who SEEMS to mind his own business. Otherwise I don't know. I didn't see any biting behavior.

I am going to be doing a pwc on the 72G tomorrow.

Sold all the fish in my 40g except for the pleco and loaches and sold several cichlids. I got a ton of store credit and what would've been $140 was only $15. So I bought a hygrophila, 4 amazon swords, a Pigeon blood discus, and 10 gold barbs, and might go back in and buy an elephant nose, since I've done a lot of research on them before and they do really well with discus. I will move him once I get my 55g cichlid tank cleared and recycled and setup

My Mexican dwarf crayfish came in the mail. He/she is the size of the female pisto

Bye y'all, I really can't take the disagreement with everything I purchase anymore. Good luck with your tanks

Hey everyone is just trying to help you, when experts are giving you great advice, you should heed it. It's up to you what you do but listening to people like brookster will pay great dividends.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hey everyone is just trying to help you, when experts are giving you great advice, you should heed it. It's up to you what you do but listening to people like brookster will pay great dividends.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I do heed it, but every time I research something for hours and find out it will be okay, y'all disagree and I just need a little break from that. I research so much but on here it seems like I've done nothing. I know the limits, I know the line. Didn't fishkeeping start out with curiosity and experimentation? I belive it did and I like that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom