Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-23-2013, 05:23 PM   #4931
Aquarium Advice Addict

Today...

Nothing special going, but large water changes and did a little maintenance on the emersed land plants in the tank. I change lots of tank water every week and emersed the Chinese Evergreen in the tank water. The old water coming out of the tank is nearly the same color as the new water going in. The plants keep the water almost pure, it's pretty amazing.

By maintaining pure water conditions, my Livebearers stay healthy and live a fairly long time. The Corydoras are the real longlivers, though. The Albinos are 3 years old and the Emeralds and Bronzes are all about 6. By following an aggressive water change routine, you never have to fret over water chemistry problems, which is likely the reason for most if not all tank problems. Dissolved fish wastes never have time to foul the tank water before you remove them and the Evergreens keep the nitrates in check.

B

Old 10-23-2013, 05:47 PM   #4932
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBradbury View Post
Today... Nothing special going, but large water changes and did a little maintenance on the emersed land plants in the tank. I change lots of tank water every week and emersed the Chinese Evergreen in the tank water. The old water coming out of the tank is nearly the same color as the new water going in. The plants keep the water almost pure, it's pretty amazing. By maintaining pure water conditions, my Livebearers stay healthy and live a fairly long time. The Corydoras are the real longlivers, though. The Albinos are 3 years old and the Emeralds and Bronzes are all about 6. By following an aggressive water change routine, you never have to fret over water chemistry problems, which is likely the reason for most if not all tank problems. Dissolved fish wastes never have time to foul the tank water before you remove them and the Evergreens keep the nitrates in check. B
Let's see some pics of you tank!

Old 10-23-2013, 06:11 PM   #4933
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Well after a recheck it looks like the ich is all gone but I'm not so sure cuz there was still 2 spots on one fish after ich med treatment was done should I wait or get more meds ... Don't want to use salt because I have cory catfish
Old 10-23-2013, 07:56 PM   #4934
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hey Brill...

Would love to. However, I've maxed out the pic allotment on this site. But, if you want to PM me, with your e-mail address, I'll take some and send them to you.

B
Old 10-23-2013, 10:02 PM   #4935
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Came home to my favorite male guppy dead his bk fin frayed ... He wasn't swimming much to begin with only had him about a week bagh I'm done with Petsmart I'm lucky if half what I get there lived guess I will be driving half our or more if I want more Fish.....
Old 10-24-2013, 12:09 AM   #4936
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishlover3578 View Post
Came home to my favorite male guppy dead his bk fin frayed ... He wasn't swimming much to begin with only had him about a week bagh I'm done with Petsmart I'm lucky if half what I get there lived guess I will be driving half our or more if I want more Fish.....
Just stared at my tanks today.

I haven't bought fish in a year. For real. Yes, I've purchased shrimp and snails this year but no fish. Last time I bought fish I also brought home Ich. Promised not to buy anymore until I did QT first. Still have the ones I got last October and most of the ones I bought 3-4 years ago. Happy with the ones I got and don't like to overstock. Been concentrating on plants and shrimp.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:38 AM   #4937
Aquarium Advice Addict

Picked up a FREE brand new 75g tank with light for FREE! Gotta love workin at petsmart!
Old 10-24-2013, 12:59 AM   #4938
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh0818 View Post
Picked up a FREE brand new 75g tank with light for FREE! Gotta love workin at petsmart!
Lucky! I get 20% discount. I can't complain. It's better than full price. Nice score!!!

★As for topic, I had to put my betta in a 5g bucket temporarily so I can rehome her. And because I needed her bowl for growing plants=(
Old 10-24-2013, 02:43 PM   #4939
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Set up my other new fluval filter system couldn't figure out why it would not work... Added 2 gal to tank and it works now ... Lol my room is much quiter now kinda weird tough it's not complelty silent like the other new fluval ...
Old 10-24-2013, 07:00 PM   #4940
Aquarium Advice Freak

Did a 40% or so pwc on the 46g bf. Haven't been on here in awhile.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20131024_175746.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	204041

Name:	ForumRunner_20131024_175827.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	204042

Name:	ForumRunner_20131024_175952.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	204043

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com