Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-26-2013, 01:34 AM   #4951

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman007 View Post

Looks like your gonna get a flame and a valentini too! Two of my most favorite out of my fish! Do hou have a RODI system? Send me a link to the thread
Here is the link..

90g fowlr (newbie alert)

I think she has a rodi system on her main water tank the filters look the same and it purifies the water im checking into that more. Tbose are 2 that she interested in more so the angel...

Actually to my tanks i havent done much today i put my plants back in the substrate thanks to my cray .. he up rooted them threw them down and went back to his cave ..

I spent the day researching my moms tank with her and showing youtube videos for her to get a idea what she likes so i hve a idea what to do..

Tomorrow after work ill pick her tank up and have it all setup and ready when she gets home..

Ran and bought a bucket of salt today and ordered more stuff online for alot cheaper then our local stores ..

Old 10-26-2013, 04:25 AM   #4952
Aquarium Advice Activist

Went to the LFS and got some plants, prime, algae wafers and gravel & heater

Did a 40% PWC on my tank, added another sword and a java fern, as well as a java fern. Water has gone cloudy from disturbing the sand/gravel. Fed my cories an algae water for the first time, took them a while to realise it wasn't just a rock!

Set up a 4gal betta tank that will be a birthday present for the girlfriend in just over a months time, hope to get it cycled by then
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3162021726.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	164.5 KB
ID:	204308   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1706468620.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	204309  

Old 10-26-2013, 08:41 AM   #4953
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Swapped the canister filter from one side of the cabinet to the other to make room. Took ages. Thought my male platy had died but was just sleeping on his tail behind the filter somehow. Bouncing fine now at any rate. Spotted some baby platys and mollies, then did a water change.
Old 10-26-2013, 10:54 AM   #4954

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjacks View Post

Here is the link..

90g fowlr (newbie alert)

I think she has a rodi system on her main water tank the filters look the same and it purifies the water im checking into that more. Tbose are 2 that she interested in more so the angel...

Actually to my tanks i havent done much today i put my plants back in the substrate thanks to my cray .. he up rooted them threw them down and went back to his cave ..

I spent the day researching my moms tank with her and showing youtube videos for her to get a idea what she likes so i hve a idea what to do..

Tomorrow after work ill pick her tank up and have it all setup and ready when she gets home..

Ran and bought a bucket of salt today and ordered more stuff online for alot cheaper then our local stores ..
Ok thats good. Just checking up
Old 10-26-2013, 10:55 AM   #4955

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtez View Post
Went to the LFS and got some plants, prime, algae wafers and gravel & heater

Did a 40% PWC on my tank, added another sword and a java fern, as well as a java fern. Water has gone cloudy from disturbing the sand/gravel. Fed my cories an algae water for the first time, took them a while to realise it wasn't just a rock!

Set up a 4gal betta tank that will be a birthday present for the girlfriend in just over a months time, hope to get it cycled by then
Seed it with your other media from your other DP.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:03 PM   #4956
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman007 View Post

Seed it with your other media from your other DP.
I want to but I'm only running a small internal filter on my DT and I'm not confident enough to take any of the media out haha. Will filter wool have the BB needed? I could always swap that out i guess.
Old 10-26-2013, 09:09 PM   #4957
Aquarium Advice Activist

Cleaned and redecorated the 10g today, pruned the swords and took a few things out because it looked too crowded...

Name:	image-3721656230.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	204412

Name:	image-4144014016.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	204414

Name:	image-313106272.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	204413

After all was said and done I noticed a whitish spot on my DG and I'm not sure what it is... Could it be ich? Or just a few loose scales? He appears not to be getting along with my glassfish very well during feeding time, but the glassfish takes the brunt of the abuse so I'm not sure.

Name:	image-3792072342.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	204415
Old 10-26-2013, 09:11 PM   #4958
Ayi
Aquarium Advice Freak

Found some mystery eggs in the 20h. I don't know what they are, there's a thread in the breeding section.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:34 PM   #4959

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtez View Post

I want to but I'm only running a small internal filter on my DT and I'm not confident enough to take any of the media out haha. Will filter wool have the BB needed? I could always swap that out i guess.
It would have some, get a sponge, stick it in your DT filter, after a week or two stick it in the cycling tank, instant cycle!!!
Old 10-27-2013, 12:41 AM   #4960
Aquarium Advice Activist

One of my pristella tetras died today. Params are fine and everything else is doing perfect. It was one of the bigger ones so maybe it was old age. Who knows. Other than that, I just fed them and turned the lights on and off.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com