Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 10-26-2013, 01:34 AM   #4951
member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Montgomery,LA (Central Louisiana)
Posts: 874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman007 View Post

Looks like your gonna get a flame and a valentini too! Two of my most favorite out of my fish! Do hou have a RODI system? Send me a link to the thread
Here is the link..

90g fowlr (newbie alert)

I think she has a rodi system on her main water tank the filters look the same and it purifies the water im checking into that more. Tbose are 2 that she interested in more so the angel...

Actually to my tanks i havent done much today i put my plants back in the substrate thanks to my cray .. he up rooted them threw them down and went back to his cave ..

I spent the day researching my moms tank with her and showing youtube videos for her to get a idea what she likes so i hve a idea what to do..

Tomorrow after work ill pick her tank up and have it all setup and ready when she gets home..

Ran and bought a bucket of salt today and ordered more stuff online for alot cheaper then our local stores ..
__________________

__________________
kjacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 04:25 AM   #4952
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
jtez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Newcastle, Australia
Posts: 184
Went to the LFS and got some plants, prime, algae wafers and gravel & heater

Did a 40% PWC on my tank, added another sword and a java fern, as well as a java fern. Water has gone cloudy from disturbing the sand/gravel. Fed my cories an algae water for the first time, took them a while to realise it wasn't just a rock!

Set up a 4gal betta tank that will be a birthday present for the girlfriend in just over a months time, hope to get it cycled by then
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3162021726.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	164.5 KB
ID:	204308   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1706468620.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	204309  

__________________

__________________
jtez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:41 AM   #4953
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
 
Delapool's Avatar



POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 10,513
Swapped the canister filter from one side of the cabinet to the other to make room. Took ages. Thought my male platy had died but was just sleeping on his tail behind the filter somehow. Bouncing fine now at any rate. Spotted some baby platys and mollies, then did a water change.
__________________
Delapool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:54 AM   #4954
member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North carolina
Posts: 2,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjacks View Post

Here is the link..

90g fowlr (newbie alert)

I think she has a rodi system on her main water tank the filters look the same and it purifies the water im checking into that more. Tbose are 2 that she interested in more so the angel...

Actually to my tanks i havent done much today i put my plants back in the substrate thanks to my cray .. he up rooted them threw them down and went back to his cave ..

I spent the day researching my moms tank with her and showing youtube videos for her to get a idea what she likes so i hve a idea what to do..

Tomorrow after work ill pick her tank up and have it all setup and ready when she gets home..

Ran and bought a bucket of salt today and ordered more stuff online for alot cheaper then our local stores ..
Ok thats good. Just checking up
__________________
Fishman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:55 AM   #4955
member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North carolina
Posts: 2,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtez View Post
Went to the LFS and got some plants, prime, algae wafers and gravel & heater

Did a 40% PWC on my tank, added another sword and a java fern, as well as a java fern. Water has gone cloudy from disturbing the sand/gravel. Fed my cories an algae water for the first time, took them a while to realise it wasn't just a rock!

Set up a 4gal betta tank that will be a birthday present for the girlfriend in just over a months time, hope to get it cycled by then
Seed it with your other media from your other DP.
__________________
Fishman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:03 PM   #4956
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
jtez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Newcastle, Australia
Posts: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman007 View Post

Seed it with your other media from your other DP.
I want to but I'm only running a small internal filter on my DT and I'm not confident enough to take any of the media out haha. Will filter wool have the BB needed? I could always swap that out i guess.
__________________
jtez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:09 PM   #4957
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
wilkieam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Midland, MI
Posts: 129
Cleaned and redecorated the 10g today, pruned the swords and took a few things out because it looked too crowded...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3721656230.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	204412



Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4144014016.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	204414



Click image for larger version

Name:	image-313106272.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	204413


After all was said and done I noticed a whitish spot on my DG and I'm not sure what it is... Could it be ich? Or just a few loose scales? He appears not to be getting along with my glassfish very well during feeding time, but the glassfish takes the brunt of the abuse so I'm not sure.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3792072342.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	204415
__________________
wilkieam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:11 PM   #4958
Ayi
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Ayi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 474
Found some mystery eggs in the 20h. I don't know what they are, there's a thread in the breeding section.
__________________
Ayi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 11:34 PM   #4959
member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North carolina
Posts: 2,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtez View Post

I want to but I'm only running a small internal filter on my DT and I'm not confident enough to take any of the media out haha. Will filter wool have the BB needed? I could always swap that out i guess.
It would have some, get a sponge, stick it in your DT filter, after a week or two stick it in the cycling tank, instant cycle!!!
__________________
Fishman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:41 AM   #4960
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
cmwalters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 120
One of my pristella tetras died today. Params are fine and everything else is doing perfect. It was one of the bigger ones so maybe it was old age. Who knows. Other than that, I just fed them and turned the lights on and off.
__________________

__________________
cmwalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners







Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.