What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
clearancepuppy said:
Trying this thing with the 150 before I move it inside. Canister has been hooked up and running now a couple of days. Tested the water (it actually has sort of a greenish cast now) and parameters are:

ph 7.6 ammo .5 nitrate 0-.5 nitrite 5.0

29 gal inside looks very clear, and has THIS for parameters:

ph 6.0 ammo .5 nitrate .8 nitrite 1.0

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Last water change in 29 was a couple of days ago.

I am having to wait on people to help lift and move this behemoth. It is incredibly heavy glass. Right now it is a little more than half full, and I am wondering if I might be able to save and use some of the water that is in there, since it seems to be cycling.

I'll help you move it.

Into your house? :)

I put the (((dang auto correct))) goldfish hybrids into it for a test run and they love it so far. Just put some fake plants and some rocks in for them to investigate plus a pot to hide in. Filter is running strong. Noticed a very slight crack in plastic top rim near the center brace which I will reinforce. Have the glass tops on. Looks awful but fish are a lot happier.

Added 4 more green cory cats today for a grand total of 6. I think their actually emerald cory cats but I'm sure there's more than 1 common name. So far they seem to be doing pretty good and hanging out together. Added some moss to the 10g breeding/fry tank.

had to do some cleanup duty on mom's tanks. one of them had a dead chinese algae eater in it :( he had gotten huge, but on the happy side we found a baby black skirt tetra. judging by his size he's probably been in there at least a month, yet we just noticed him today. he's been hiding himself really well. there's three adults in there (along with two white ones and 3 read ones, i forget their exact names). he's the cutest little thing!

got a call today my new 100 gal is in ,
going to pick it up on Monday I'm stoked
now gotta think how to break news to wife LMAO:D:D:lol:
she knows nothing about it :eek:
guess I'll be spending most of the day tomorrow in garage
welding me up a nice stand

Did a 20g pwc on my 46g bow front cause its been neglected for the past 2 weeks or so. I've had A LOT on my plate recently. I also topped off water on my 10g birthing/fry tank, and also the oscars tank. I had a bolivian ram given to me! I knew he was a cichlid so I floated the bag in the oscars tank. Well after I did alittle research I found out that they only get to 3 maybe 4inches and are a good community tank fish depending on what you have. So I took the bag out of the oscars tank and acclimated him into the community tank. I think that he thinks he is a corey cat lol!

Today I cared for my fry and went to petco and bought an algae scraper

I'm going to scrape the algae off now

And I just siphoned the tank yesterday as well

aaronjohn20 said:
Did a 20g pwc on my 46g bow front cause its been neglected for the past 2 weeks or so. I've had A LOT on my plate recently. I also topped off water on my 10g birthing/fry tank, and also the oscars tank. I had a bolivian ram given to me! I knew he was a cichlid so I floated the bag in the oscars tank. Well after I did alittle research I found out that they only get to 3 maybe 4inches and are a good community tank fish depending on what you have. So I took the bag out of the oscars tank and acclimated him into the community tank. I think that he thinks he is a corey cat lol!

Good idea. Mr. Oscar might of had an expensive snack.

Expensive??? How much do they run normally? He's not very big, an inch and a half, maybe 2 at the most. He seems to be following the corey cats a lot. I did see that they like to be in groups of 5 or more I think it said, but I think I am pretty much stocked at this point maybe even overstocked, plus you said they are expensive so I would hate to think how much 4 more would cost me, let alone finding them! Ohhh and the oscar is inbetween 4 and 5 inch so I don't think he's big enough to eat him YET!

aaronjohn20 said:
Expensive??? How much do they run normally? He's not very big, an inch and a half, maybe 2 at the most. He seems to be following the corey cats a lot. I did see that they like to be in groups of 5 or more I think it said, but I think I am pretty much stocked at this point maybe even overstocked, plus you said they are expensive so I would hate to think how much 4 more would cost me, let alone finding them!

Get your bolivian a buddy if your tank can support it. Both of mine were $7 a piece. Can we see a pic of your ram?

Here's what I am going to be doing on my fish tanks tomorrow. NOTHING, not even gonna turn the lights on. With that being said I'm sure a few think I'm nuts but we are leaving in the morning and not gonna be home till sometime Tuesday. Our 5yr old daughter has to have a kidney removed tomorrow so there's my reason for it. I'm not too worried about the fish, its the plants I'm worried about, well not really but..... I only have a amazon sword or something like that in the community tank. Its living but its not thriving. I need to get a different bulb. I think the one that's in there now is a 10,000k and also the moss that's in the 10g birthing/fry tank. Hope they will be okay but its not like I have a lot of money wrapped up in the 2 plants. I almost bought a timer today but it cost as much as I paid for the 2 plants and plus I would of had to buy 2 of them.

aaronjohn20 said:
Here's what I am going to be doing on my fish tanks tomorrow. NOTHING, not even gonna turn the lights on. With that being said I'm sure a few think I'm nuts but we are leaving in the morning and not gonna be home till sometime Tuesday. Our 5yr old daughter has to have a kidney removed tomorrow so there's my reason for it. I'm not too worried about the fish, its the plants I'm worried about, well not really but..... I only have a amazon sword or something like that in the community tank. Its living but its not thriving. I need to get a different bulb. I think the one that's in there now is a 10,000k and also the moss that's in the 10g birthing/fry tank. Hope they will be okay but its not like I have a lot of money wrapped up in the 2 plants. I almost bought a timer today but it cost as much as I paid for the 2 plants and plus I would of had to buy 2 of them.

Thoughts and prayers are with your daughter and family. Hope all goes well.

Sending you and your family a prayer for strength and a return to good health for your precious daughter. First things first.

awww I'm praying for her, I hope everything works out

Thanks everyone. Surgery went great and she is in her room resting! I just don't understand how they expect a 5yr old (6 in two days) to be down for 4 weeks lol

Back
Top Bottom