What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Went to feed the fish this evening and saw the my apisto pair are parents. I didn't even know they spawned since I was away for a few days with the family on a ski trip. Sad thing is I wasn't prepared for them to spawn so I definitely don't have food prepped for them. Come to think of it, there wasn't any cave type structure for them. The only thing I can think of was a small dark opening between the sand and driftwood where my Amano shrimp usually dwell. Anyway, momma apisto has been taking them all around my 75g tank. So cool since I only had them for 8 days.

My pistos spawned as well but the eggs/fry didn't make it. I don't even know if any hatched bc I couldn't see them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Deleted

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1456166481.979286.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1456166481.979286.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 207
  • ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1456166732.779406.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1456166732.779406.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 255
Added some Myrio to the planted 55 gallon.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1456166837.915524.jpg
Completed the stocking of saltwater Tank. So now 2 o. Clowns 1 purple fire fish.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1456166846.902824.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Cleaned my glass

Sent from my ZTE Blade Q Lux using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1456232344262.jpg
    1456232344262.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 216
  • 1456232364182.jpg
    1456232364182.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 200
did a little toothbrush scrubbing and pwc last night. algae is still manageable. (y)

img_3345473_0_951b051a1a0b7a41ca27ad60f0d5d625.jpg

Changed out the 8 harlequin rasbora from my 90lt to my 700lt (kinda funny how they looked big in the small tank) and replaced them with 10 rummy nose, very happy with the swap cos the rummys have rekindled my interest in the small tank, super active little guys

Have been watching 3 Blue Leg SW Hermits in the the 6.6G Edge doing something, love tussle or fight for a shell (there are plenty in there to exchange) 2 seem to be interested in one little guy.

Then fed and watching the critters - Watching Nassarius snails pop up out of the sand for food never gets old, funny Vid on youtube - Saltwater Zombie Snails (not my tank) but much more amusing in person!!!

Last night I flipped the filter pad around in the tank and upped the filter flow moved around the Chaeto in the little hob but didn'treally accomplish what I wanted, it was really gunky with debris and much went into the tank.

So when I have a few extra minutes I plan to turn it off and rinse it with water to get it cleaner and put it into the tank and just add floss. The Chaeto isn't getting enough light in there and isn't very dark green. The hand full in the tank is deep dark green and the nasty Bristleworms and critters keep it nice and clean.

Fed extra for the Upsidedown Catfish in the 72G since she came out to eat and turned the light down as well for her comfort. She likes to hide. (I am still looking for a local home for her with a few friends to play with).

Hoping the lfs has some nice Clown Loaches for Loachie to hang with. He was funny. When I fed them, he sucked a pellet in his mouth and it was too big so he went off with it to a corner to munch on it away from the feeding frenzy. Then he raced back over, grabbed another and did it again.

Noticed the Double Dark Black Angels are getting some pretty color in their ventral fins lighter golden black. Maybe not a standard for color on them (not sure) but it is a very pretty contrast.

Upon further checking the small Hermit body was dead - blew on it with the Turkey baster and the body came away from the shell. :/ don't think it was a molt, maybe just a sick or weak one. Those guys are cannibals, I hear they TRY to eat each other. I got them because they were stikingly colored and after find out they want to eat each other - Uhg. Off to work on that note...

Busy as usual Autumn!
Well, cleaned the big guy's tank out, his plant's are growing really well in there it's starting to look better.
Added another filter to my shrimp tank wanted more flow for the filter feeders.
Received a piece of wood with anubais on it and suctioned it to the glass for my guy's too feed off, within the hour I nearly lost my shrimp, they were going crazy, so I removed wood and spent most off the afternoon doing pwc. Everyone seems more settled.

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon shrimp and snail tank

Busy as usual Autumn!
Well, cleaned the big guy's tank out, his plant's are growing really well in there it's starting to look better.
Added another filter to my shrimp tank wanted more flow for the filter feeders.
Received a piece of wood with anubais on it and suctioned it to the glass for my guy's too feed off, within the hour I nearly lost my shrimp, they were going crazy, so I removed wood and spent most off the afternoon doing pwc. Everyone seems more settled.

sometimes the vendors dip those things or keep them in medicated tanks so that there aren't snails. Kinda like poison I'd guess to shrimp and maybe they didn't rinse it or anything or had double dosed threir tanks or whatever! Scary stuff. Might be able to run a filter with carbon for a couple weeks and do pwc on the bucket /tub to clean it up.

Long day at work today scheduled. So not too much for fish. Going to give them a big variety of frozen (defrosted) foods in a few min.

SW Hermits are scampering around happy now so maybe they are just being Hermits.

Since the 2 Green Kubotai are probably eating the TT shrimp babies, I should move them today. Also hoping to get an order placed in a couple weeks for about 10 more of them.

Or maybe 6 more and 8-10 Chilis or 6-8 Sundadanios Blue Neon if the store has them. Every time I call to check if they have them they usually say yes - every time I actually make the 45+ min. drive they don't!!! They will go into the 12G Edge with the Pink and Red Ramshorn snails.

Probably will also move the 4 remaining (in the original 6.6G Edge) Phoenix, Exclamation Point and Chilis (variety the result of not getting the correct info from the lfs to buy actual Chilis) to the 12G Edge as it will be the Nano fish tank tomorrow.

Planning to break down and clean out the original 6.6G tank pretty soon and either put it away or just get new substrate and shrimp :rolleyes:

Yeah keeping busy - hate to get bored or not have anything to do, lol. :dance:

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1456513553.325810.jpg
Did a head count in my 700..
Albino cory. 6
Bn plec. 1
Boesmani rainbow. 5
Celebes rainbow. 6
Discus. 4
Dwarf neon rainbow. 2
Flying fox. 2
Harlequin rasbora. 8
Hill stream loach. 1
Kuhli loach. 5
Murray river rainbow. 5
Pacific blue eye. 2
Red rainbow. 3
Siamese algae eater. 1
Torpedo barb. 4
Turquoise rainbow. 5
Upside down catfish. 2
Wcmm. 14
Zebra danio. 3

View attachment 285106
Albino cory. 6
Bn plec. 1
Boesmani rainbow. 5
Celebes rainbow. 6
Discus. 4
Dwarf neon rainbow. 2
Flying fox. 2
Harlequin rasbora. 8
Hill stream loach. 1
Kuhli loach. 5
Murray river rainbow. 5
Pacific blue eye. 2
Red rainbow. 3
Siamese algae eater. 1
Torpedo barb. 4
Turquoise rainbow. 5
Upside down catfish. 2
Wcmm. 14
Zebra danio. 3

Great looking tank!
Wouldn't like the pwc on it lol my 55 is big enough for me!

Trimmed some plant's back and fed frozen brine shrimp too my filter feeders.
Everyone survived after my problem with the wood I bought actually shocked not one death.

View attachment 285106
Albino cory. 6
Bn plec. 1
Boesmani rainbow. 5
Celebes rainbow. 6
Discus. 4
Dwarf neon rainbow. 2
Flying fox. 2
Harlequin rasbora. 8
Hill stream loach. 1
Kuhli loach. 5
Murray river rainbow. 5
Pacific blue eye. 2
Red rainbow. 3
Siamese algae eater. 1
Torpedo barb. 4
Turquoise rainbow. 5
Upside down catfish. 2
Wcmm. 14
Zebra danio. 3

That's a nice size and a nice looking tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

View attachment 285106
Albino cory. 6
Bn plec. 1
Boesmani rainbow. 5
Celebes rainbow. 6
Discus. 4
Dwarf neon rainbow. 2
Flying fox. 2
Harlequin rasbora. 8
Hill stream loach. 1
Kuhli loach. 5
Murray river rainbow. 5
Pacific blue eye. 2
Red rainbow. 3
Siamese algae eater. 1
Torpedo barb. 4
Turquoise rainbow. 5
Upside down catfish. 2
Wcmm. 14
Zebra danio. 3

700L?

Thanks guys
Pwc are pretty easy, 90ltrs 3 x per week, if I take my time it's all done in about 45mins
Yeah it's 700ltrs

Weekly PWC. Five gal out, five gal back in. Added some buffer to balance PH. Cleaned a small build up of green algae off the back glass. Everything checks out. Life is good.

In the middle of a water change on the 40b as well as trimming the DHG. Next I will do a water change on the 54.

finished the cabinet for the ADA tank this morning and will start the scape on it later today or tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom