Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-31-2013, 07:09 PM   #5021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwspong View Post

Son of a B****
Ohhh i didnt look it up yet so you saved me the time.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:10 PM   #5022

Fishlover, i saw you in another thread about wanting GBRs, you have .25 ammonia right? That would kill them in a couple hours unless they were tank bred. Wait about 4 months and then you would be ready

Old 10-31-2013, 07:11 PM   #5023
Aquarium Advice FINatic

What kind of fish is that
Old 10-31-2013, 07:15 PM   #5024
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I decided against getting them... Just going to get a few more guppies and seperate male and female and give fry to my dad
Old 10-31-2013, 09:16 PM   #5025
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Checked my dads tank his nitrate is down to 40 but he did lose another fish .... He doesn't seem to care much I keep telling him he needs to do more water changes ... Sigh he has two glo fish tetra 3 black neon 1 guppy and 2 zebra danio left... What is chance any will live... Originally his tanks nitrate was at 180 1st time I tested it a few days ago after he said his fish were dying off ...
Old 10-31-2013, 10:03 PM   #5026
Aquarium Advice Activist

40% water change in the 20 gallon. Much need maintenance on the aquaclear also. I removed the carbon as well as rinsed off the sponge and the detritus and algae off of the bioballs. Cleaned the glass and everything too. The tank had been put on the back burner the past week and a half due to a test and a presentation in my history of math class. It was looking rough!
Old 11-01-2013, 01:02 PM   #5027
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishlover3578 View Post
Checked my dads tank his nitrate is down to 40 but he did lose another fish .... He doesn't seem to care much I keep telling him he needs to do more water changes ... Sigh he has two glo fish tetra 3 black neon 1 guppy and 2 zebra danio left... What is chance any will live... Originally his tanks nitrate was at 180 1st time I tested it a few days ago after he said his fish were dying off ...
The zebra danios and the glo lights should be fine. If the nitrates stay down the black neons should be okay too. Once the tank stabilizes I'd add 2 more black neons so they are happier. (Also- neons will school with neons. You could even add regular neon tetras and gold neon tetras and have a "mixed" school of neon tetras!) They like to be in groups. What size tank is your dads? Since you feel like he doesn't care much for his tank- a good idea may be to slowly begin doing the maintenance for it and caring for it. It could end up that he just lets you take over the tank completely!

I suggest doing a 50% pwc to get the nitrates closer to 20. Less nitrates is better for the fish and will also help keep algae from growing.
Old 11-01-2013, 01:05 PM   #5028
Aquarium Advice Addict

I fed the fish and turned on the lights. I am going to plan on doing a pwc and some maintenance on my 55 gal tank. I may rescape it. Not sure yet.
Old 11-01-2013, 05:13 PM   #5029
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I would rather he be more responsible I have a 20gal 29gal and now 9 Betta at house I rent with friends to take care of
Old 11-01-2013, 05:15 PM   #5030
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I finally figured out which Betta keeps being weird . A few times a day I will be in my room and hear him swim so fast maybe jump that I hear him ... So weird bot he is healthy and WC are good

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com