What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I took the plunge and opted to try planty things in my 10g. I figured that was fairly safe as it isn't that big. :D My other tanks shall remain silk/plastic as that's usually best for convicts and others. Although, my angels would probably enjoy it, but they got sand instead. :D

Here's the 10g:

104771-albums14536-picture70296.jpg

I filled up my 38g tank as the evaporation rate is still ridiculous, however, I did notice the convict, has happily moved the sand out from under his log and now peeks at me from the little side hole to watch the goings on in my living room. I'll have to post pictures of this later. :D

The little Koi I just got took a turn for the worse, and died last night. It was very thin, it didn't want to eat. Water parameters were and are fine. Did realize I didn't put in the Cuprasorb into the filter. When I cleaned off the counter, there it was sitting under a bag of fish food.

The little Koi I just got took a turn for the worse, and died last night. It was very thin, it didn't want to eat. Water parameters were and are fine. Did realize I didn't put in the Cuprasorb into the filter. When I cleaned off the counter, there it was sitting under a bag of fish food.

Sorry to hear Autumn :(

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras ,bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.

Sorry to hear Autumn :(

Thank you. Sorry to hear about your Bamboo shrimp. Was it older?

Well I called one of the not so local lfs, and they actually have a fish I have been trying to get!!! The Sundadanio Axlerodi Blue Neon!!! They will hold them for me until Friday. A little more expensive than I was wanting to pay, but I haven't been able to find them anywhere else around here for sure.

They are also holding for me 4 Habrosus Cories. They are out of Chili Rasbora til maybe next week. Those are going to be less $ than I was expecting from them, so maybe will balance out and not pay shipping. I will try to order the last little fish I was wanting and maybe they will all come in together and I won't need to worry about a QT.

Thank you. Sorry to hear about your Bamboo shrimp. Was it older?

Well I called one of the not so local lfs, and they actually have a fish I have been trying to get!!! The Sundadanio Axlerodi Blue Neon!!! They will hold them for me until Friday. A little more expensive than I was wanting to pay, but I haven't been able to find them anywhere else around here for sure.

They are also holding for me 4 Habrosus Cories. They are out of Chili Rasbora til maybe next week. Those are going to be less $ than I was expecting from them, so maybe will balance out and not pay shipping. I will try to order the last little fish I was wanting and maybe they will all come in together and I won't need to worry about a QT.

No he was a younger one, he was even eating, unsure what happened.
So your getting boraras! I really like mine :) but I think you know that. I don't know if I told you hubby bought 22 new one's for me? They're in QT at mo, looking really good. I have a few strawberries and they're so cute!
Fed frozen daphnia to the boraras, think they struggled a bit their mouths are so tiny! Waiting for 2 ivory apple snail babies coming through the post hopefully they'll be ok.
All good in Gonzos tank! Enjoying live bloodworm.

Hurrah, plants! :D

How's the betta getting along with the cherry barbs?

So far, so good! The barbs like the anubias nana, and I don't think my 'mystery plants' are going to last... one bit the dust already.

I'm having issues deciding what decor i'm going to put in the tank. I think everyone's a little squeamish atm cause there isn't very many places to hide.

I'm thinking I may end up going with a cave-like thing, or something. I've been looking into driftwood,... not a whole lot around here. I could pick it up from the outside, but I'd definitely have to boil it first... never know what's out there.... :hide:

I'm open to suggestions though!

I'm open to suggestions though!

Petco often has small pieces of mopani, which is a pretty two-color piece of wood that's dense enough to sink without soaking. Just be aware that it needs a *lot* of boiling to get the tannins out. Fix some anubias nana to it, and Patriot will have a nice place to rest.

Oh, and dwarf sagittaria is a good plant for a small tank, too, as well as crypts.

Update: it looks like you have cryptocorynes already in your tank. If that's what died on you, don't worry: almost all crypts "melt" on introduction to a new tank, than come back strong in a week or two.

Pwc on my boraras tank, keeping an eye on one that has part of his tail missing he looks healthy at the moment. Received my baby apple snails yesterday so cute!
Gave my elephant nose tank an early clean as well, I've been really bored Lol

My lfs finally has been able to find me more Endlers. I've been waiting quite a while for them to get more in stock. I'll grab another 6 to bring my collection up to 8. Hopefully the pregnant female gives birth soon. I should do a escape on their tank soon. I've still got an unspecified number of Kuhli loaches in the tank with them. I'd love to know how many I have left from the 12 I had. I rarely see them these days so its hard to make a guess when I don't get to see their markings.

It seems like I've found the nutrient balance in my favourite tank after about a month of fiddling. It's my first tank with high light so I'm trying some more difficult plants. A couple of weeks back I was feeling sad about the emergence of green hair algae. I gave it a peroxide spot treatment and increased the CO2 supplements. Problem gone. I still have a bit of black beard algae but its only a minor irritant. Maybe six leaves need to be cut out to remove it.

I spent about 40 minutes yesterday doing some trimming in 3/6 played tanks. My betta tank and large community tank still need trimming but I ran out of enthusiasm since the three I trimmed were pretty messy after some neglect. Last tank is mostly crypts so its low maintenance.

My QT tank with the 6 Platy (2 trios) aren't doing very well. Hiding and fins are a bit clamped doing another pwc on them. They aren't really eating either. I am feeling like it is the QT tank of death right now. I hesitate to add any new items to the tank because I don't want any contamination on anything else from the previous copper treatment. Since most of my stuff involves inverts. I am hoping the Cuprisorb is doing its magic and binding anything copper that is left.

Needing to pick up my new fish additions tomorrow providing the Sundadanio Axlerodi Neon Blue actually came in today. Will check in the morning before making an hour each way drive. Though if they aren't there, I will likely go to the other not so lfs and get about 10-20 Cardinals depending on the prices. Thats an additional half hour dive further away! Irksome. Maybe paying online shipping fees makes some sense after all save time and gas money, lol!

That must really suck, I have 16 lfs ( that I know of ) within 20 minutes drive of my house, it's a pity that the 1 that sells the best live food is half an hour drive each way

That must really suck, I have 16 lfs ( that I know of ) within 20 minutes drive of my house, it's a pity that the 1 that sells the best live food is half an hour drive each way

Same here - worth the extra 15 minutes travel but would be nice to have a better local selection.

Set up the ADA tank with used amazonia substratum mixed with a little stratum. New driftwood boiled it going to lfs today shippment of plantz in today

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Been thinking bout co2 lately and after seeing how much a semi decent setup with a solenoid costs, I figured I'd jump on YouTube and see what Joey had to say about it, fortunately I had everything I needed in the tank cupboard, ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1466223595.391912.jpg
I didn't want to do a diy diffuser so I went and bought 1, all up cost me $15, hell of a lot better than $500, bit more effort involved but what's an extra 20 minutes a week

f03e43381029124bf5cfdedd90c27249.jpg

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

DW reminds me of Loch Ness "monster" pics. very nice.

As for the lfs, missed going to any due to auto issues taking a priority. I will try and run to the one which WAS holding my fish for me unknown if they are available now...day late.

Was less than a mile away from the not so lfs that has the Cardinals, and had to miss it as I was running all over the countryside searching for the needed items for the vehicle and it was TOO hot to have the fish in the car. (nearly 13 hour project just for that)

Before the 13 hour project, I removed the Platy - 4 fish which were remaining, 2 died, 2 of the Hawaii ones, one left and the 3 Blue Wag trio. One looked unwell. Very sad about them. Trying to get them to eat some of the medicated flake food.

Need to online order the 2 liter bottle of Prime as I threaten to do every time I have to run to the big box store to get some more. Evidently I use too much and go through it pretty quickly. Even with the drip out lid I swapped from a new travel sized bottle made for lotion or shampoo (dollar store).... oh well.

Also need some ferts. After the Glut discussion about possibly being hazardous to ones health I will skip that for now.

Still toying with the idea of new substrate probably a lite ball shaped shrimp type substrate, great for the Dwarf Cories. They have fun rooting around in the ones in the shrimp tank. The little balls are easy for them to move around and since they are round should not harm them.

Lots of thinking.

Been thinking bout co2 lately and after seeing how much a semi decent setup with a solenoid costs, I figured I'd jump on YouTube and see what Joey had to say about it, fortunately I had everything I needed in the tank cupboard, View attachment 287393
I didn't want to do a diy diffuser so I went and bought 1, all up cost me $15, hell of a lot better than $500, bit more effort involved but what's an extra 20 minutes a week

Joey is my hero. :D

Yesterday:
20g water change, general housekeeping & some rearranging in the 75g
Added 5 Green Chromis to the 75g to distract the Damsel (it's working like a charm!)
Today, I plan to do a 5g change & housekeeping in the 29g

Spent about an hour looking at all the critters at the not so lfs in Boulder after picking my fish.

Good part is I am first one in line for the Chili Rasboras and bad part was that after capturing my "on hold" Sundadanio Axlerodi Neon Blue Rasboras they were obviously not healthy. The manager came and informed me that he would rather I didn't take them home as they appeared to not be well.

So I didn't get those!!!!!!! After waiting a year and a half what difference is a couple more weeks. 2 weeks til the new shipment comes.

I did get three more Green Kubotai Rasboras to go with the 2 I already had. They are pretty pale still compared to mine. This morning they are "schooling" together.

Also picked up 6 instead of 4 on hold of the Dwarf Cories Habrosus. They got busy immediately after acclimation scouring the tank and saying "hi" to the other 3. Didn't see any dead this morning so far so good!

Funny..... that hubby says he would like to see the 72G out of the corner and that the fact it is relegated to the corner is like punishment of a child sent to the corner and that is is so "beautiful and there are interesting things going on in the tank to see and I'm not even a fish person" that it seems like a crime to have it back there! Wow - I didn't see that one coming, lol.

So sometime this week will need to move the cabinet and 2 12G nano tanks to make room to breezily just slide the giant ~ 1000 pound tank and stand 40 feet across the family room to the opposite wall by my self...:blink: This means now will move the 2 12G - somewhere else.

Never a dull moment.

Back
Top Bottom