What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Set up my planted 55g! :D Got frustrated trying to post better pics of the arches. I have them in the albums, but I'm having issues copying the code to post to my thread. I'll try again in a bit. But... Yay 55g!

Side note: anyone have any suggestion on how to beat back a snail explosion?

Sent from a place where the water is fresh and clean and we all swim free.

What kind of snails?

Did a all water out of my 46G QT tank and will refill tomorrow - maybe. Considering just selling it and getting it out of the way.

Added the 3 little Angels to the 72G. The 2 big Angels have been anything but Angels - chasing the little guys around, even fed them all first. If they don't settle down I will probably move them out.

Maybe moving the 72G Monday... Depends on how much energy I have in the morning.

Did a all water out of my 46G QT tank and will refill tomorrow - maybe. Considering just selling it and getting it out of the way.

Added the 3 little Angels to the 72G. The 2 big Angels have been anything but Angels - chasing the little guys around, even fed them all first. If they don't settle down I will probably move them out.

Maybe moving the 72G Monday... Depends on how much energy I have in the morning.

The only time I've been successful adding angels is if they are the same size...I hope they work out for you!! :)

Fed the new gourami bloodworms for the first time and he gobbled them up! Can't find the algae eater though...

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Side note: anyone have any suggestion on how to beat back a snail explosion?

Cut a lengthwise slice of zucchini and nuke it in the microwave for about 15 seconds, then, when it cools down, plant it in the substrate (you might have to use something to hold it down) just before lights out. When you come back the next morning, I guarantee you'll find it covered in snails. Then you can take it out and toss it. (y)

Other means are loaches and (I think) pea puffers, and assassin snails. :ninja:

Refilled the CO2 tank. Drop checkers are green again. Glad the sports store was open today.
Did not trim the plants or do a PWC today. Was planning to but life got in the way. Tank is a jungle. Not a bad looking jungle. Just a bit overgrown.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks Carriwin.

As of this afternoon the little ones were all alive and seemed to have found areas to hang out and not to be in the mouth area of the two other big Angels. A couple more days to get settled with eachother - I hope all is well.

Did not have time to move the big tank.

Also had to add a new power strip since any jiggling cords around the TV caused the tank plug to get too loose and turn off my SW nano tank 3-4 times now!!!. Mostly it involved someone else in the house jiggling things around. I would have usually noticed if the pump and lights went out!!!

Will need to move the 72G tank in a few days, too much on my schedule atm. Maybe Friday or Sunday.

Last edited:
Another dead shrimp found this morning :( there's hardly any left.
Fish doing great, really love these little guy's so much character!
All well in Gonzos tank!

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras ,bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.

PWC this morning for all of the tanks. I need to remember to use the algae magnets BEFORE doing a water change. Ugh. Trimmed some AR mini for a shipment going out today. Will be trimming the taller plants later this week for an auction this weekend.
HleslzZh.jpg

Beautiful tank Fresh2o :)
Pwc on elephant nose tank, trimmed back the cabomba all done. Had to check filter's in the boraras tank not much flow happening in there, just needed new floss.

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras ,bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.

104771-albums14536-picture70359.jpg

Turned the light on for my 55g planted this morning. Hoping things continue to go well. I still continue to see signs of life from the snails, so I'm hoping things are still moving smoothly. I am actually going to run parameter checks this evening. I don't know why, but I'm really nervous about this tank... I just keep staring at it, thinking how pretty it is. I guess that's just the whole "newness" of it I'm sure.

104771-albums14536-picture70359.jpg

Turned the light on for my 55g planted this morning. Hoping things continue to go well. I still continue to see signs of life from the snails, so I'm hoping things are still moving smoothly. I am actually going to run parameter checks this evening. I don't know why, but I'm really nervous about this tank... I just keep staring at it, thinking how pretty it is. I guess that's just the whole "newness" of it I'm sure.

New can be scary.

As of today the 3 baby Angels seem to be all intact no missing fins from being attacked. Fingers crossed. The big Angels will still chase the little ones...

Have been feeding a little bit 2x per day in the tanks with the babies it's hard to not REALLY over feed (at least for me)!

Spent an hour or so last night watching videos from DIY king for odd and interesting projects for aquariums. Amusing. Might try the potato one to make oxygen out of Peroxide, lol, in the event of an emergency.

Noticing the big Anubias is looking poorly. The Nana and smaller ones all seem to grow outstandingly. Except my white splotched Pinto. Tried more light over the last month but didn't do any good, so need to add it to a better, brighter lighted tank.

Live and learn.

Removed everything except the giant hairgrass from my 5 gallon and moved it to the 15 including the last otocinclus. Little bugger climbed the net and did a 2 inch high dive out of it before I could get him into the water in the new tank. Water parameters were almost identical in the two tanks. Think I've finalized a plan to move everyone come the end of the month.

How much filtration is too much? :) fixing to have 5 filters running on this 15. 3 sponge and 2 hob.

Sent from my LG-H343 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

PWC this morning for all of the tanks. I need to remember to use the algae magnets BEFORE doing a water change. Ugh. Trimmed some AR mini for a shipment going out today. Will be trimming the taller plants later this week for an auction this weekend.
HleslzZh.jpg

Beautiful tank, Fresh2O! :brows:

What are your lights resting on? It looks like something added to the tank rim? :confused:

New can be scary.

TMaier, you're not even remotely kidding.

So, I tried to build my pleco a home... (pictures on the thread) however I realized very quickly this morning that it was not adequate, so I put in a fake half log so he had a place to be so he wasn't overly stressed. I really wanted to keep everything as "living" as possible... I'm going to see what I can do to obtain something appropriate for him in either driftwood or rock.

104771-albums14536-picture70366.jpg

I am noticing frustration with my plants. They seem green enough, and relatively happy, but I had one "collapse" on me... I think it got hit with an algae. But it's still green, so I don't know... I do know it looks a little fuzzy though.

Leaf detritus... does that spike nitrates like fish carcass does? *deep sigh* Ever get the feeling you might've taken on too much too quickly?

I have to obtain small vials for my parameters... well, I'll be using a drinking glass anyway until then.

I'm going to be picking up the new fish tonight... I'll be emptying out my tank and changing it into a QT dept... then going from there. Which tetris piece to move next?! :neutral:

Back
Top Bottom