What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Turned on the lights for the plants and fed my cats catfood.

Still trying to decipher the best way to feed my leaf fish, but they'll come around I hope.

View attachment 287924

Caught one of my leaf fish acting like a leaf in the swords yesterday. :D

Sent from a place where the water is fresh and clean and we all swim free.

Do you have any clean mosquito larve around?

Ah forgot my posting...

So the little baby fish are still present and growing well, Mexican Swords and the Tiny White Cloud Mountain Minnows aka WCMM. AND the 3 little Koi Angels are growing fast, almost doubled their size so far. The adult Angels seem to have forgotton about chasing them around. They will shoo them away from their space if they get too close but don't seem to be hunting them around the plants and things anymore :).

Found that my getting out a bunch of Cladophora in my 12G Edge did not end the growth. To the contrary, additional feedings for the babies and younger fish seems to have made it especially cozy in the 2 areas of moss and on the rock that it calls home. It seems as if I have Marimo Moss balls forming there!

Too bad they aren't! But they aren't... So I may need to limit the light and go back to split photo periods again, more water changes and check if there is PhosGuard in that filter, I think it has Purigen but not the PhosGuard. Water is sparkling clear though, lol.

This is the tank I want to rescape. It was just initially set up to hold everything until I set up the brand new one, which ended up being cracked. So it wasn't set up. As happens, it started to grow in and doesn't look too bad, but certainly isn't how I would have set up.

On a different tangent... I am still annoyed that Fluval never released the promised over 2 years ago tank system that was going to be considerably larger and have plant growing lighting, and the other one a reef system setup with lighting for growing corals too, remote or phone controlled, yada, yada, yada.

Okay...done...for now.

Good to hear your babies are doing well Autumn!
Well, had to buy Gonzo a new hood and light set for his tank it seems brighter but he's not bothered!
My boraras tank is turning very yellow after adding my cattapa logs, really like the look.
1468407578431.jpg
Gonzos tank
1468407608155.jpg
My boraras

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras ,bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.

Love the borara tank Shelly!

Water changes on the 23, 10 and 3G tanks. Currently selling the angel fry (they're almost three mths old now!) and setting up another 10G for them. The algae eater seems to have disappeared again. Last time we didn't find him for three days and then he suddenly popped up. Strange fish he is!

Looking for some low-light and not too expensive live plants for my 23G. Any suggestions? Oh and anyone know how to prepare driftwood for a tank? I have a nice piece that I think I'll attach some plants to later. Thanks!

No, wouldn't know where to find it either... just the thought makes me itch. LOL How would one go about finding those?

I have a 5G bucket of excess plants in the yard the mosquitos find it and make the babies with out wasting any time. I usually put barley hay logs in there to keep them from making larve, but since I have little fish I harvest them with a little net every other or couple days. Just make sure no one is spraying bugs or wasps or using weed and feed etc. around your bucket.

Good to hear your babies are doing well Autumn!
Well, had to buy Gonzo a new hood and light set for his tank it seems brighter but he's not bothered!
My boraras tank is turning very yellow after adding my cattapa logs, really like the look.
View attachment 287942
Gonzos tank
View attachment 287943
My boraras

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras ,bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.

Thank you. That is nice about the water, the fish love it!

~~~~~~

I emailed Hagen / Fluval to find out about the other tank - the 19G New Edge tanks availability. They said a response would come in 3 business days.

Fish look good. Fasted them for a day.

SW - Some more of my Tea Cups macroalgae bleached. Only have a couple little bits left. Frustrated about that stuff, it is really tempermental. Being it is my favorite makes it even worse. I am guessing it is the light, maybe doesn't like too much.

On the other hand the Feather Caulerpa is growing like crazy. The other one which looks like little curvy twisting green seaweed - Prolifera - not very prolific. It was growing pretty steadily from about 4-5 leaves to maybe 10 but seems to have slowed as the Feather took off and maybe is smothering it out.

I really need to get the other little bigger tank up for the SW so I have some where to spread this stuff out! The Chaetomopha is officially across the whole left side of the tank now to the middle. Of course it is olny 6.6G but it is taking up 1/4 of the tank now.

On the bright side, the Pom Pom Crab comes out and sits in the middle side of it and holds out its little Poms!!! Beautiful contrast. This is the previous pic, but it looks exactly the same.
60074-albums14535-picture70140.jpg

Dosed a little Trace Minerals as the Chaeto was getting pale on the new growth.

I've just enjoyed the tanks the last few days. Guppies are getting silly. If I put my hand in the tank for something they're checking it out, and darting around it looking for food. They've also learned that my long planting tweezers usually means food(trying to not contaminate my water too much) and have gotten gutsy enough they don't even wait for me to let the food go before they dart in and start grabbing some. Even the new gourami have starting coming up to the tweezers.

Sent from my LG-H343 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Forgot to mention that I have been getting a few Tangerine Tiger Shrimp Babies, but unfortunately they are from the light one (s) and some nearly colorless. Blonde so to speak and not Orange like they were before when I had a larger and better stock. Still have some nice bright orange just not very many.

Ruu - Guppies are always hungry!!! And about to have babies, lol!

Oh and spent about 2 hours looking at fish I am thinking of purchasing.

I held off on buying guppies for a long time.i saw endler guppies and they broke my resistance. Like autumnsky said they're ashtrays hungry and pregnant. My first batch of 15 our so arrived after a couple of weeks with 1 female. I have 6 now and they all look pregnant. I'm guessing I'll have a population explosion very soon. My guppy babies are coming along nicely though. One is almost twice the size of its siblings already. It's first in at feeding time. Two of the three males I had have disappeared though. Hopefully they bred before they departed. Only 1 male left.

The three Siamese algae eaters have settled in nicely. I had a tank that was overrun with algae that they're busily munching on whenever I see them. They get algae wafers too but they're always eating. I thought one was dead yesterday, I reached in to get it out and when I touched it lo and behold it swam away like greased lightning. I guess they look dead when they sleep.

Almost out of CO2 supplements. Both LFS are out and have been for two weeks. I'll check again tomorrow. If they've got none tomorrow I'll resurrect the 6 DIY setups and run them on my main tank until liquid co2 arrives. It's a mini crisis. My tank is running almost algae free so I don't want to change anything. I think I might order a 2L bottle from Seachem after this so I have a good supply on hand. I tried looking for metricide but I couldn't find a supplier in Australia. It may be time to start planning an upgrade to a serious co2 setup.

Cleaned protein skimmer and siphon box pre filter. Need a little glass cleaning.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1468503123.454516.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Water changes all around. Laughed at how quickly the guppy fry are growing and learning who I am. When I poke my nose over the breeder box to get a closer look they all come up and greet me. Rather amusing.

The albino Pleco made an appearance yesterday, I usually only get to see the end of his tail poking out of his log. Dude at the LFS lied. He claimed it would take years for him to outgrow his tank. At the rate he's going he's going to need a new tank in a few months. He's doubled in size from 2" to easily 4" in 4 months at the inch per gallon rule he's about to outgrow the current setup of two betta and a Pleco in a 10 gallon. (With a divider. They're both getting their own 10 gallon after the move)

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Keep making everyone around me laugh when I come home... "Am I a guppie grannie yet"... Nope.

Maybe tomorrow... Look, surely it's tomorrow ...

My hubbie thinks I'm just feeling them too much..
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1468590396.890286.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1468590418.291387.jpg

I thought mine was going to pop forever. It happened when I quit watching all the time and added a bunch of floating water sprite. 2 days later I found fry swimming in the water sprite.

I thought mine was going to pop forever. It happened when I quit watching all the time and added a bunch of floating water sprite. 2 days later I found fry swimming in the water sprite.

Ah!! Ok that makes sense. Perhaps I might go buying some today then! Because I'm not putting the mummies to be in a breeding box, I really want to try and set the tank up so the fry have some safe places to go. Great idea - thank you!

Having wanted a betta for a while but not really wanting to put 1 in with other fish, I decided to have a crack, so I bought this guy ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1468730318.164945.jpg and put him in my small tank, having never seen a betta in anything larger than a glorified soup bowl, watching him swim around his new 90ltr home is pretty cool and other than for curiosity, hasn't really bothered the tetras or corys or threadfins, he's making short work of the Monte Carlo I'm trying to grow in though

Back
Top Bottom