What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Plant harvest day. Normally it's not this messy as I usually just trim the upper growth. However, the Staur repens need to be thinned so quite a bit is coming out, root and all. The root structure is similar to crypts and swords (extensive).
XS87Yw9h.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Plant harvest day. Normally it's not this messy as I usually just trim the upper growth. However, the Staur repens need to be thinned so quite a bit is coming out, root and all. The root structure is similar to crypts and swords (extensive).
XS87Yw9h.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks, Fresh! Your tank is lovely, even if it has clouds in it. :) Second question, since you're here, do you just take a pair of scissors to your plants for trimming? Or is there a particular way to do it? (Do you treat them like regular plants even though they're underwater?)

Got an LED light into the 5 gallon Betta tank (got the Betta on Saturday)... put a UV sterlizer into the 16 gallon with the hopes of clearing up my endless algae bloom.

OMG, I saw these ghost catfish at the other PetSmart I went to visit over the weekend. HOW COOL are these little guys?? Ghost Catfish

:B-fly:

I use to keep these, great guy's soo peaceful. You need a few of them and a good flow. :)
Oh and thanks! I definitely will post pic's! I'm expecting it on Wednesday ;)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras ,bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.

shellyx - did you try any magnesium /epsom salts yet? And Congrats on the new awesome red BN!!! They are quite striking!

Moves some fish stuff around, fed early, just about to do a pwc on the 72G. I found my little fountain pump that I had misplaced but planned to use to empty the tank and not carry those bucket. Still considering getting a new style faucet so I can hook up the Python - even the adapter didn't work.

Thank you!

So sorry to hear this, always sad when you lose a fish. Especially when you think there might have been something you could have done - but no doubt this was a very unlucky issue. I've put a couple of stockings over my filter intake. But still wonder if a fry went into the top hole... Ugh.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Thanks, Kwakatoo. It isn't the intake, but the place where the wire leaves the internal filter where I found him. I don't need the extra filtration anyways, it was just so the other tank I'm setting up would cycle a bit faster once I added the filter. Thank you though :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Found another batch of guppy fry yesterday. The last lot are all silver/grey. The new babies all have yellow markings. The tank is filling up fast.

Found another batch of guppy fry yesterday. The last lot are all silver/grey. The new babies all have yellow markings. The tank is filling up fast.

Cool! Congrats, can you show a picture of your fry tank? Are they in with the bigger fish?

Just noticed this morning that two of my other guppy girls look like they're getting ready to drop more fry.... :( That means all of them came to me preggers... I guess I got the deal of the day on that one.

Good Thing Petco has the 1$ a gallon sale going. Going to need a 55 for all the guppies.

Just noticed this morning that two of my other guppy girls look like they're getting ready to drop more fry.... :( That means all of them came to me preggers... I guess I got the deal of the day on that one.

I think guppy females can retain semen from the male for several months, not needing a male to get pregnant again. I wouldn't be surprised if all your females were pregnant when you bought them. :rolleyes:

Good Thing Petco has the 1$ a gallon sale going. Going to need a 55 for all the guppies.

Which reminds me, I need to pick up a 40b before the sale ends. :brows:

Yeah. 1 time is good for up to 3 spawning. Yay...

I'm wanting a few 40's myself. Now I've just got to convince my wife it's ok. :p

Sent from my LG-H343 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Picked up my glass hoods for the 38g... they work better than nothing, which I'm grateful for.

Found one of my balas... think he got zapped by one of the leaf fish. Tried to take the other one out, and he just kept swimming... nature must take it's course then, I'm not about to rip up all of those plants to get him. He was still alive this morning, so I have hope.

Reseated my left hand sword this morning... again. Put a rock on the substrate this time so it wouldn't take off anymore. I'm hoping that works. Or works well enough anyway.

104771-albums14536-picture70415.jpg

PROOF THINGS SWIM! :D One of my clown loaches having a good time.

I think guppy females can retain semen from the male for several months, not needing a male to get pregnant again. I wouldn't be surprised if all your females were pregnant when you bought them. :rolleyes:

Which reminds me, I need to pick up a 40b before the sale ends. :brows:

You lucky Americans. Man, these are the moments when I really wish I lived in the States. Wait nevermind, we have poutine ;) Kidding, the $1/gallon sale sounds great, especially compared to the tanks I see for hundreds of $. Lucky you!

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

They stopped it on anything bigger than a 55. I would be all over a 150 if not. As it is were probably picking up a 55, 40, an a 20L. I may sneak another 40 in and do a double decker stand for them. We've already got a 30 hex and a 15 show, not to mention the numerous 10's. But the bettas will likely get a 10 each and I'll get to play with the others.

Sent from my LG-H343 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thank you!

So sorry to hear this, always sad when you lose a fish. Especially when you think there might have been something you could have done - but no doubt this was a very unlucky issue. I've put a couple of stockings over my filter intake. But still wonder if a fry went into the top hole... Ugh.

Argh, found a dead fry caught in the stocking wrapped around the filter. :(

I have to answer this question today..

1. Moved my single, yes - one (1), surviving fry into the small tank (I did only ever see 3)
2. Moved all other guppies back into my big tank.. Including what looks like partially (?) pregnant ones.. Now the males are chasing the females again. One of the females has a torn fin. she's been stressed because I was holding her in the breeding tank for the last 2 days - but, no more fry. So I've taken her out and rejoined her with the "gang".
Cleaned tank, removed moss and basically now hope that I haven't stressed my fishies to death... Added stress coat. :(

Back
Top Bottom