Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-11-2013, 08:47 PM   #5251

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilliant_Barbs_21 View Post
When I got them they were just on ice. If you can find them in a tank get them there. They have about a 40% chance of living when they're on ice.
Ok so i will get about 5. How much do they go for

Old 11-11-2013, 09:04 PM   #5252

Also took out the shrimp in the 20 long as it was stinking up the house and dosed the tank with ammonia

Old 11-11-2013, 11:57 PM   #5253
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Well last night I found my 7 year old (almost 8) big blue 6" Gourami had passed. She had what looked like a big tumor, and it had been getting bigger, so I think it was just her time to go.

Today I found a 1+" Mystery snail dead/ shell empty in my 6.6G Edge Fire Red Cherry Shrimp tank, so I am thinking there must have been a spike while I was on vacation. Also thinking no more Mystery snails in there. It was a little baby originally and I was about to move it anyway to a bigger tank.

I was going to move a bunch of fish from my 37G to my 72G tomorrow but got called into work instead.

Watched and fed some of the fish.

My 2 newer Siamese Algae Eaters are fun to see chasing each other all around the tank, and kinda "dancing" with each other. Wondering if they are up to something?!?

In the 37G, one Rainbow Blue Platy had about 5 babies. There aren't any big fish to eat them (only Cardinals which could possibly eat them but haven't noticed any issues). Momma was a good fish net evader when I was trying to move her and the rest of her family to the other tank, and she was a good hider and ended up staying in there, so now more babies.

Betta is looking stronger and almost normal. Very happy about that.

Overall today is a better day in fish land.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:34 AM   #5254
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Well yesterday I gave y friend back the two fish I had considered not giving back and retold her how to better care for them ... Her responsibility now . ... Today I need to do WC wen I get home might buy spring water to use with indoor water softner water cuz it's to cold to get water outside bagh snow
Old 11-12-2013, 06:39 AM   #5255
Elephant nose Finatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
Well last night I found my 7 year old (almost 8) big blue 6" Gourami had passed. She had what looked like a big tumor, and it had been getting bigger, so I think it was just her time to go.

Today I found a 1+" Mystery snail dead/ shell empty in my 6.6G Edge Fire Red Cherry Shrimp tank, so I am thinking there must have been a spike while I was on vacation. Also thinking no more Mystery snails in there. It was a little baby originally and I was about to move it anyway to a bigger tank.

I was going to move a bunch of fish from my 37G to my 72G tomorrow but got called into work instead.

Watched and fed some of the fish.

My 2 newer Siamese Algae Eaters are fun to see chasing each other all around the tank, and kinda "dancing" with each other. Wondering if they are up to something?!?

In the 37G, one Rainbow Blue Platy had about 5 babies. There aren't any big fish to eat them (only Cardinals which could possibly eat them but haven't noticed any issues). Momma was a good fish net evader when I was trying to move her and the rest of her family to the other tank, and she was a good hider and ended up staying in there, so now more babies.

Betta is looking stronger and almost normal. Very happy about that.

Overall today is a better day in fish land.
Sorry to hear about your gourami I've just lost my betta too tumours only had him for 2 months.
Good to hear your betta is improving hope he gets better for you.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:46 AM   #5256
Aquarium Advice Activist

Neon juvies were acting funny in the 4gal, tested the water and all was good but then pH read off the charts! Dont know how this tank keeps rising but its a right pain. Did a 50% WC and added some pH down to the new water.

Cleaned some leaves off the surface in my DT, cories are out and playing tonight, glad the 2 new guys i added last week have settled in
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2726250545.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	170.5 KB
ID:	207289   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1138764895.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	177.3 KB
ID:	207290  

Old 11-12-2013, 09:58 AM   #5257
Aquarium Advice Addict

Please allow me to introduce the star of the show,

Diddy P.
I got a new puffer, Tetraodon Biocellatus, he is acclimating.
Moved tetra shoal to 120. New cryptocoryne plants for 120 which I will be planting.
Got loads of consumables for the "shed"

Water changes to do, well more like top ups to both 750 and 120.
Don't forget the feeding!

This is him still bagged up,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	207292  
J.Mcpeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:36 AM   #5258
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtez View Post
Neon juvies were acting funny in the 4gal, tested the water and all was good but then pH read off the charts! Dont know how this tank keeps rising but its a right pain. Did a 50% WC and added some pH down to the new water.

Cleaned some leaves off the surface in my DT, cories are out and playing tonight, glad the 2 new guys i added last week have settled in
I tried pH down, the next day, back again, I still have most of it left. JBL stuff.
In the end I went RO.
Glass of tap water left for 24 hours test it for gh/kh if the buffers (kh) are high you are fighting a losing battle.
J.Mcpeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:02 PM   #5259
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to georgetheplec
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Mcpeak View Post
Diddy P. I got a new puffer, Tetraodon Biocellatus, he is acclimating. Moved tetra shoal to 120. New cryptocoryne plants for 120 which I will be planting. Got loads of consumables for the "shed" Water changes to do, well more like top ups to both 750 and 120. Don't forget the feeding! This is him still bagged up,
is he grinning?
Old 11-12-2013, 12:03 PM   #5260
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to georgetheplec
i put a timer on the lights...pretty technical stuff, eh

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com