Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-14-2013, 02:41 AM   #5271
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
So I got everything drained and packed, most of my fish seem to have frozen to death due tono electricity all day. And the actual move will happen in the morning. Bad bad day.

Edit - yeah... lots of dead fish. Including some favorites. Puffers ok, ninja ok, baby bettas ok. But lots of others are not. Stupid cold weather. Looks like I will soon be in the market for new fish. Moving really sucks.

Old 11-14-2013, 08:20 AM   #5272
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxx View Post
So I got everything drained and packed, most of my fish seem to have frozen to death due tono electricity all day. And the actual move will happen in the morning. Bad bad day.

Edit - yeah... lots of dead fish. Including some favorites. Puffers ok, ninja ok, baby bettas ok. But lots of others are not. Stupid cold weather. Looks like I will soon be in the market for new fish. Moving really sucks.
That really sucks. So sorry.

Old 11-14-2013, 11:52 AM   #5273
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masha View Post

That really sucks. So sorry.
Thanks. On the cursory examination I gave them before I brought my boyfriend to work many more of them looked ok than they did last night. About to go bring him his cat and pick up the fish before taking the truck down to my mom's. We spent the night at his new place and the fish came with us so they too could sleep in a warm room. This has been a logistics nightmare!
Old 11-14-2013, 06:02 PM   #5274

Started the cycle with pure ammonia on the 20 long, dosed way to much ammonia . Got a nice 5lb piece of live rock to go into the 60 cube, came with a couple snails and hermits! Also covered in feather dusters and some kenya tree.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:06 PM   #5275
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I put a new background on my 55 gallon and added fish today.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:22 PM   #5276
Aquarium Advice Addict

Finally got a chance to see my fish after 2 days of non stop farm work. (My fish tanks reside at my parents until I get my own place) My mom has been taking care of them lately. Everyone looks happy and well fed. Going to do some arrangements for more plants.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:52 PM   #5277
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissycakes View Post
Finally got a chance to see my fish after 2 days of non stop farm work. (My fish tanks reside at my parents until I get my own place) My mom has been taking care of them lately. Everyone looks happy and well fed. Going to do some arrangements for more plants.
Nice! Good luck with the plsnts
Old 11-14-2013, 11:07 PM   #5278
Aquarium Advice Freak

Fed. Watched tanks. Added a baby pleco to tank. Moved a pregnant female cichlid after seen she was getting smaller in mouth and eating eggs. That didnt stop her. She kept at it. I saved the last 2 from her now in my homemade tumbler. A first. We'll see how that works.
Old 11-15-2013, 02:41 AM   #5279
Aquarium Advice Addict

Still not moved in. Was way too tired to safely drive home after unloading and returning the moving truck. Almost all of my favorite fish are dead. This has been a really stressful couple of days. I'm just happy all my baby bettas are ok. Both the parents are gone. RIP most expensive fish I have ever bought (Ninja the all black betta).
Old 11-15-2013, 05:14 AM   #5280
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxx View Post
Still not moved in. Was way too tired to safely drive home after unloading and returning the moving truck. Almost all of my favorite fish are dead. This has been a really stressful couple of days. I'm just happy all my baby bettas are ok. Both the parents are gone. RIP most expensive fish I have ever bought (Ninja the all black betta).
Well i hope everything starts going better for you when you are in the new place. It's nice to know that you have some survivors at least. Maybe next time you have to move you can arrange todo one tank at a time.

So after getting some dwarf chain sword instead of pygmy chain sword yesterday (which i was very sad about). I bought a bunch of the dwarf anyway and planted it between 2 tanks. I noticed a hairline crack in a thermometer i bought a couple of days previously and removed it. Tapped the botttom very gently and it disintegrated so the removal was timely.

Today my Pygmy Chain Sword came in. I celebrated by also buying the smallest Anubias they had there, got them all home and planted the pygmy sword which i planned to put in my tank as the first plant. Opened the Anubias bag later and it had 2 plants in the 1 package 2 for one deals are sexy in my books so i found a rock to tie one of them to and left the other floating for the moment.

Side thought, fishing line is not fun to tie things down with.

Very happy with the look of the PCS in the foreground. The light green catches the light really well. I just hope my lights support it. My tank is starting to look nice. I might grab a bunch of wisteria to add contrasting shape then i pretty much have my space filled until i decide on some specific lpants i want and upgrade my lighting.

Next step is moving from Comets to something that will suit my 20g tanks better. I really like my big comet though. He eats greens and fruit out of my hand now and brushes my arm like a cat whenever i put my arm in the water. He needs and deserves a bigger tank or a pond but he's such a friendly fish that i don't want to give him up.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com